Actor Spotting

Ceridwyn2
Up to Basic
Up to Basic
Ceridwyn2
Up to Basic
Up to Basic

September 26th, 2006, 5:15 am #1

I was watching the series 5, #2 episode of Spooks tonight (dl'ed), and happened to spot Alicia Eyo (Denny Blood) as one of the protestors in Trafalgar Square (well, it started with them in Piccadily Circus, moved to TS, then moved elsewehere, but I wasn't sure where exactly). The protestors were being swarmed by police riot squad. Eyo's character had just seen a friend (?) injured (and possibly killed) and she was telling them to shoot her, too. But the police finally got the delayed message to stand down.

Had recently also seen an early Spooks ep (first series, I believe), that had Debra Stephenson (Shell) in it.

On another note, it is nice to see Hermione Norris (Carol Jordan, WitB) again.
Kim: It's the 21st Century - a 15-year-old using a toothbrush to masturbate over her best friend shouldn't be that big a deal.
- Sugar Rush, Pilot Ep

aquarius68
Out of Dorm
Out of Dorm
aquarius68
Out of Dorm
Out of Dorm

September 28th, 2006, 11:37 am #2

A couple of months ago I was "channel Surfing" I saw Debra Stephenson on The Last Detective.

Lisa289
The ghost of Larkhall!
The ghost of Larkhall!
Lisa289
The ghost of Larkhall!
The ghost of Larkhall!

September 28th, 2006, 11:44 am #3

Wel all know Simone is in Wire In The Blood, but Joy Mastertom and Stella Gough (can't remember the actresses' names) were in the first ep of this series as well.

I'm Not Just Perfect - I'm Welsh

richard
The Garden Assistant
The Garden Assistant
richard
The Garden Assistant
The Garden Assistant

November 3rd, 2006, 8:14 pm #4

I watch Holby City regularly as a pretty well written hospital drama - a form of TV programme which predated the dreaded 'soaps'- and this has been a programme which BG cast have appeared. Amongst these have been Mandana but also Alicia Eyo, the woman who played Crystal but, most alarmingly, I saw "Fenner" wearing a hospital gown, ect and holding a scalpel which was a total shock to the system.

Interestingly enough, Jack Ellis appeared as a police commissioner in 'Waking the Dead'. He actually played an honest, if slightly pushy, man. He seems to have the persona that particularly suits wearing a uniform of some kind.

Rainbow
Down the Block
Down the Block
Rainbow
Down the Block
Down the Block

November 18th, 2006, 1:56 pm #5

I am positive I spotted Debra Stephenson in Coronation Street when zapping the channels. I believe her character's name was Frankie.

Lisa289
The ghost of Larkhall!
The ghost of Larkhall!
Lisa289
The ghost of Larkhall!
The ghost of Larkhall!

November 18th, 2006, 7:42 pm #6

Yep, Deborah Stephenson plays Frankie Baldwin in Corrie, she has done for quite a while. She's remarrying her estranged hubby but is also falling for her stepson, whom she's already had an affair with.

I'm Not Just Perfect - I'm Welsh

Canadabadgirl
G2 landing
G2 landing

December 6th, 2006, 3:31 pm #7

I'm on holiday in the UK and last night I saw Yvonne's fake lawyer. Seriously, the actor (Martin Crewes) who played the male prostitute Nikki arranged for Yvonne, is in the RSC production of "The Merry Wives of Windsor" - and he has a big role!

Since Dame Judi Dench was also in the production, I did the stage door thing to ask her to autograph my copy of her book, so when Martin Crewes walked out I got to chat to him a bit. He was stunned that I'd recognized him from BG (although the show was mentioned on his CV so he's obviously not completely ashamed!) and he says he's amazed at how much attention the appearance in one episode has got him over the years. He's Australian, BTW, and shorter than you'd expect. Oh yeah, and the man can sing - in fact, I'd bet that it was his voice that won him such a big part in what I believe is his RSC debut.

abzug, I think you'd like the production.

silverballnz
The ghost of Larkhall!
The ghost of Larkhall!
silverballnz
The ghost of Larkhall!
The ghost of Larkhall!

December 6th, 2006, 4:01 pm #8

Canada bad girl

Did you get to meet the great Dame Judi Dench?

If so luckey you

abzug
Sophies World reader
Sophies World reader
abzug
Sophies World reader
Sophies World reader

December 6th, 2006, 4:15 pm #9

Canadabadgirl wrote: abzug, I think you'd like the production.
I'd see Dame Judi in just about anything, and I'm sure I would have liked this. I've actually never seen The Merry Wives of Windsor.

But how funny about Martin Crewes! It was certainly a very memorable role, during the height of the show's popularity, so in a way I'm not surprised he still gets recognized for it.

Speaking of actor spotting, I just started watching the first Prime Suspect (I know, I know, I'm 15 years behind on this one) and not only does Jack Ellis have a major role, but Angela Bruce (Mandy Goodhue in S8) is also on the show, as a witness who mis-identifies the suspect in a lineup. Very very strange.
Visit the Bad Girls Annex!

Canadabadgirl
G2 landing
G2 landing

December 6th, 2006, 10:47 pm #10

Yes, I did get to meet Dame Judi. She was very gracious and apologized for making us wait because she'd had visitors in her dressing room after the performance. She was brilliant - they were all excellent, as you'd expect from the RSC, but the set had a few problems. It was only the third performance of the production, so I'm sure the kinks will get worked out!

I'm enjoying being a tourist and I've managed to meet two women I admire in four days... Not counting my friends, of course!