NGoR Elder
NGoR Elder
Kire667
NGoR Elder
NGoR Elder

May 27th, 2009, 9:22 am #1

RuneScape Chat News
December 15th 2013 Two Staff Members Resigned

Lady Teleios and Cheeky Wench have resigned from staff.

Staff list shown here: http://s3.zetaboards.com/NGoR/topic/659584/32/

Every month we promote 1+ worth chat user whom is both active and has no offenses. Always room for expansion as older members leave and find new games, newer or returning members have a chance to be reviewed for promotion.

"When I came into the game they didn't do nothing but doubt me.
Now the whole game's changed and it ain't nothing without me.
"

[+] spoiler
Youtube/Kire667
[RS Goals: Kire666, Kire667, NGoR46]
[X-Box: Kire668]

Alex
NGoR Elder
NGoR Elder
Alex
NGoR Elder
NGoR Elder

May 27th, 2009, 9:00 pm #2

I have always enforced this rule, although it wasnt a official rule, common sense i guess
Inventor Of Fish Tanks.

Kire667
NGoR Elder
NGoR Elder
Kire667
NGoR Elder
NGoR Elder

May 28th, 2009, 6:33 am #3

Yes, but common sense is not the forte of a rule offender.

There have been multiple reports on this rule, and since it was not actually typed in to the rules of chat, yet still a big part of the forum rules of ALL the community, people freely overlooked it as a mere joke, and kept on borderline the rule, in order to bait their own reports filed at site.

Causing an offense, in response to the reporter's offense, negates the report to begin with, and this is why so many offenders have gotten off freely from multiple offenses, because the person reporting them was the cause of the original offense.

But now, it is not the one whom ends an offense, whom gets in trouble with the rules. Anyone and everyone caught typing discrimination against fellow chats users, for any reason what-so-ever, shall no longer be accepted in our channel (not that it ever was to begin with -- but we now have precise means of removing it from RScc completely).

"

[+] spoiler
Youtube/Kire667

May 30th, 2009, 7:45 pm #4

I would have to ask the question, is "disruptive" too open ended? This gives the powers that be on the cc a lot of discretionary power that they may or may not merit.

There are some new Jagex rules which produce the same effect, e.g. Jagex can find a reason to justifiy elimination of any player.

If things are not more tightly defined there is an opportunity for abuse of power.

Can there be a more specific, operational definition of "disruptive"?

Just a quick thought.

Sincerely,
Paul

Kire667
NGoR Elder
NGoR Elder
Kire667
NGoR Elder
NGoR Elder

May 31st, 2009, 8:26 am #5

Disruptive is the bridge between 'Spam' and 'Offensive.'

This involves publicly saying, "reported," "ignore listed."

Direct discussion of another chat user, with intention of spreading hatred of others toward the name mentioned.

That is how I have defined it. If you have feedback for other forms of Disruptive you wish to share, we can list those here as well, to include more and more, until NO offense can slip by, and every 3 offenses under a single user is chat ban, instantly, with no questions asked.

We are seeking to put an end to the issue seen when 2 or more players whom hate one another, gather in the chat channel, in hopes of disputing their differences to gather support from other chat members, or to "exile" a user off chat, whom has no offenses, and was not reported for abuse which merits a chat ban.

"

[+] spoiler
Youtube/Kire667

Deleted User
Deleted User

June 1st, 2009, 10:22 am #6

i know about the rules against avoiding filter however what if someone swears and it comes up as stars since they did not avoid filter and the word is not shown is this still against the rules?

it is still found offensive because the word's are still typed even if not showed. since this is considered offensive to some player's is this a offensive that can still be reported?

Twilit Bliss
Lv 39
Lv 39

June 1st, 2009, 8:30 pm #7

I think stars are unoffensive because its starred out. You can only report for RAW, UNFILTERED language. Not Stars

Billie Joe93

"Im a hunter of peace, chasing the elusive
mayfly known as love."

Deleted User
Deleted User

June 1st, 2009, 10:09 pm #8

i thought so but i still think its offensive..k thanks for the help =)

Kire667
NGoR Elder
NGoR Elder
Kire667
NGoR Elder
NGoR Elder

June 1st, 2009, 11:12 pm #9

If they filter or unfilter, it makes no difference, if the text is directed hate toward any user on chat. It also includes talking smack behind the back of chat users when they are not around at that time, such as seen by those I will not name here, whom talk ill about chat users, and those users then get "reported" because videos are made when they react to such forms of hate in chat.

Basically a way to end all hate, for good, as far as RScc is concerned. And catch RScc up to speed of forum, so the same rules get enforced here which are enforced there. Except for the trade rule, since the forum is the Marketplace, and the RScc is merely for quest and clue items only (until we get the results on the vote taking place for an edit on that RScc rule).

http://z3.invisionfree.com/NGoR/index.p ... opic=10076

If you are above the rank Squire on forum, feel free to cast your vote for the change to take place regarding the rule on no-trades in RScc. This vote does not change the rule against spam, so no worries there. Just seeing a way to provide more function for world 9 chat of RuneScape, so players can trade, without always checking out Grand Exchange and having the items come to them if they have enough money to buy them.

"

[+] spoiler
Youtube/Kire667

Kire667
NGoR Elder
NGoR Elder
Kire667
NGoR Elder
NGoR Elder

June 7th, 2009, 9:52 am #10

I cannot stress how important this is, if you are a member of the world 9 clan chat channel, and wish to remain ranked with us.

http://z3.invisionfree.com/NGoR/index.p ... 8088&st=45

If your name DOES NOT appear on the linked page (see above), you WILL NOT BE RANKED after June 8th 2009 by the clan chat channel of Catherby_9.

The names posted on the waiting list, will ONLY earn the referenced chat rank on RScc IF they are active in chat during the week of June 1st through June 7th in the year 2009.

The next RScc active check isn't until August 1st 2009. If you are not active, yet meet the requirements of a skill level to 99, being a (Jagex) Player Moderator, or being an (NG) RScc Moderator -- you will still NOT BE RANKED at RScc by NG if you are not active during the check.

Later rank additions will be added from time to time, at our discretion. Yet, the bulk of those ranks which are not removed, and the newly added ranks to RScc, shall take place as of June 8th 2009.

Thank you for your time reviewing this public notice. And be sure to pass the word along to any of your RScc buddies, whom are not listed, and will be losing RScc rank as of June 8th 2009 for being inactive during the check.

Any posted image of yourself or your friends while in RScc will qualify you as being active during this week. Or if you can't send in screen images, you could always make a video and upload it to MySpace or YouTube, so you don't get deleted - come June 8th.

"

[+] spoiler
Youtube/Kire667