SOD: Peter Reckell Speaks out on his departure

June 18th, 2012, 6:08 pm #1

DAYS's Peter Reckell Breaks His SilenceBy SOD Posted: Jun 18, 2012

© JPIDAYS's Peter Reckell (Bo) took to Twitter to address his exit, which Digest first reported last month. "Days of Our Lives has been my home, My life, for almost 30 years," he wrote. "Bo Is a character that developed From my soul, And has touched many lives,But none more than my own. I took my place in the hierarchy of the show,in the storyline, moving others aside, in the eighty's [sic]. Now others have moved into the place I once held. I have been very fortunate to have had such a long, meaningful,run. But now, with a torn heart, I have to say goodbye to the people, family, the character, that I love.You have to know this has not been easy. I do not want to give up Bo, and with luck, in the future, will be able to return to the character that I fought so hard to preserve. Thank you for being the most supportive, forgiving,loyal viewers there are. You have given me strength in difficult times. You are the reason DOOL is still standing and will continue for years to come. Thank you for all you have given me and the character I love!"

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/ ... is-silence

June 18th, 2012, 9:16 pm #2

How can they get rid of Bo?

He's part of the core family. If they want to get rid of one of the core family why didn't they choose Roman instead? He's got nothing going for him anyway.

June 19th, 2012, 5:12 pm #3

Interesting wording

The thing is he hasn't been the Bo of the eighties and nineties in some time. How many times has Stefano won at his expense and Hope's? It made the SPD look like fools and tools. The last several years have been particularly bad in this regard.

Things are changing and I doubt it's only a matter of his prominence on the show. It usually involves money as well. I hope he and the execs can hammer out a deal sometime soon.

June 19th, 2012, 7:04 pm #4

He's part of the core family. If they want to get rid of one of the core family why didn't they choose Roman instead? He's got nothing going for him anyway.
You're right he is part...

Of the fabric of Days and it is sad but not unexpected with the way Days is going they & NBC have little interest in keeping the families that made Days so watchable except as window dressing. I fear it will cost them, as for Peter I think he needs a break he lost his drive for Bo as he watched his character become un-recognizable and all but destroyed in 2010 and with Tomlin, he has no interest in anyone over 30 something years old the vets that made that show will suffer, the writing is on the wall. So good luck to Peter I am not sure what is out there for him other than the web series stuff, I mean it is not easy for any actor at his age.

My bright spot is that Kristian is staying that woman is loyal she genuinely cares about Days & fans and it fits in to her life style, so thank you Kristian for sticking it out!

June 19th, 2012, 8:25 pm #5

DAYS's Peter Reckell Breaks His SilenceBy SOD Posted: Jun 18, 2012

© JPIDAYS's Peter Reckell (Bo) took to Twitter to address his exit, which Digest first reported last month. "Days of Our Lives has been my home, My life, for almost 30 years," he wrote. "Bo Is a character that developed From my soul, And has touched many lives,But none more than my own. I took my place in the hierarchy of the show,in the storyline, moving others aside, in the eighty's [sic]. Now others have moved into the place I once held. I have been very fortunate to have had such a long, meaningful,run. But now, with a torn heart, I have to say goodbye to the people, family, the character, that I love.You have to know this has not been easy. I do not want to give up Bo, and with luck, in the future, will be able to return to the character that I fought so hard to preserve. Thank you for being the most supportive, forgiving,loyal viewers there are. You have given me strength in difficult times. You are the reason DOOL is still standing and will continue for years to come. Thank you for all you have given me and the character I love!"

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/ ... is-silence
I hate to see him go

It's unfortunate that Days and he couldn't come to a contract agreement suitable for both sides.

Banner by Karen73UK.

Banner by Xenia.