SOD: Days Questions Answered

July 26th, 2012, 7:06 pm #1

In light of the fact that Days will be off the air for two weeks for the Olympics, the new Soap Opera Digest features two articles in which various actors answer questions about the show and the plot.

The first question SOD asks is, Is there a sexual subtext to the dynamic between EJ and Will? James Scott answers this and says that while EJ recognized that Will was attracted to him in some way and used this to his advantage, the overall relationship is mentor/mentee, and that EJ is comfortable with his sexuality, which allowed him to be comfortable with Will. Scott also takes the opportunity to praise Chandler Massey's acting.

The next question is, Is romance in the future for Will and Sonny now that Sonny has acknowledged an attraction? Freddie Smith fields this one but doesn't really give an answer, saying in the past, the timing wasn't right for the characters, and now, it may or may not happen. He acknowledges that fans would like the pairing to happen.

Next, Does Rafe still have feelings for Sami? Gering says that he does, which is why they fight so much, and that Rafe cares about the kids. However, Rafe is still angry with Sami for what she did. SOD also notes that Rafe will have a "shake-up" under the new writers.

Why is Gabi so hung up on Chad when he hasn't given her any encouragement? Camila Banus says that Gabi saw that Chad was a great guy and wanted to see what would happen between them.

In another article, SOD interviews James Scott and Chandler Massey. In terms of storyline, Massey is asked whether he plays the scenes such that Will is attracted to Sonny. He says he plays "whatever is in the moment" and does not know what the writers have planned.

James Scott is asked if he thinks that the fact that EJ and Sami haven't acted on their attraction makes the story sexier. He says yes. He continues that the buildup to characters' getting together is what is the most powerful, especially characters with a history which includes lying and betrayal, like theirs does. He says that he and Ali Sweeney have asked that the relationship not move quickly because of this.

For the full interviews and much more, pick up the new Digest!

http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/8715880/1/

July 26th, 2012, 7:12 pm #2

uh oh Pat

You aren't going to like the way it looks EJ and Sami are headed.

July 26th, 2012, 7:18 pm #3

In light of the fact that Days will be off the air for two weeks for the Olympics, the new Soap Opera Digest features two articles in which various actors answer questions about the show and the plot.

The first question SOD asks is, Is there a sexual subtext to the dynamic between EJ and Will? James Scott answers this and says that while EJ recognized that Will was attracted to him in some way and used this to his advantage, the overall relationship is mentor/mentee, and that EJ is comfortable with his sexuality, which allowed him to be comfortable with Will. Scott also takes the opportunity to praise Chandler Massey's acting.

The next question is, Is romance in the future for Will and Sonny now that Sonny has acknowledged an attraction? Freddie Smith fields this one but doesn't really give an answer, saying in the past, the timing wasn't right for the characters, and now, it may or may not happen. He acknowledges that fans would like the pairing to happen.

Next, Does Rafe still have feelings for Sami? Gering says that he does, which is why they fight so much, and that Rafe cares about the kids. However, Rafe is still angry with Sami for what she did. SOD also notes that Rafe will have a "shake-up" under the new writers.

Why is Gabi so hung up on Chad when he hasn't given her any encouragement? Camila Banus says that Gabi saw that Chad was a great guy and wanted to see what would happen between them.

In another article, SOD interviews James Scott and Chandler Massey. In terms of storyline, Massey is asked whether he plays the scenes such that Will is attracted to Sonny. He says he plays "whatever is in the moment" and does not know what the writers have planned.

James Scott is asked if he thinks that the fact that EJ and Sami haven't acted on their attraction makes the story sexier. He says yes. He continues that the buildup to characters' getting together is what is the most powerful, especially characters with a history which includes lying and betrayal, like theirs does. He says that he and Ali Sweeney have asked that the relationship not move quickly because of this.

For the full interviews and much more, pick up the new Digest!

http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/8715880/1/
I don't ...

have to watch EJ and Sami ... no amount of build could make that pairing work for me and for the writers to even try and pair a rapist and his victim romantically is beyond rephrensible IMO!

Banner by CRene.

Banner by Xenia.

July 26th, 2012, 7:38 pm #4

I agree...

I won't be buying this issue. I just can't support anything to do with EJ and Sami, this "pairing" makes me feel nausious.

July 26th, 2012, 7:41 pm #5

have to watch EJ and Sami ... no amount of build could make that pairing work for me and for the writers to even try and pair a rapist and his victim romantically is beyond rephrensible IMO!

Banner by CRene.

Banner by Xenia.
Somebody on another board...

Called NBC and talked to the person on the NBC comment line and she said this article is "old" and CHANGES are coming after the Olympic Cliffhanger so the quotes in this article don't mean anything because storyline has been changed. I HOPE this is right. I like Lumi!

July 26th, 2012, 7:49 pm #6

Re: Somebody on another board...

"Okay, I just called the Corday Office number and a nice gal answered the phone. She said that article that was just put out (in SOAP OPERA DIGEST), everything will change after the Summer Olympic break, she said everything we see now was under the old writers."

July 26th, 2012, 7:53 pm #7

Thank you!

All this week Marlene and Darrell were still listed as the headwriters.

And I was just coming back to say I wondered which writers the actors talked to ... LOL!

Banner by CRene.

Banner by Xenia.

July 26th, 2012, 10:32 pm #8

You're very welcome!

SOAP OPERA DIGEST has a habit of bringing back old quotes. I'm so happy this is one of those times. The EJ Show and the EJami pairing is why DAYS is failing in the ratings. NOBODY likes when characters are over-exposed.

July 28th, 2012, 7:21 am #9

Banner by CRene.

Banner by Xenia.
oh well

could just skip the scene's l have watched the show one time that was last week l wasn't entertaint with the show but than again didn't knew half of people l think only liked William .

Sage Hope you always be mine little girl +

July 28th, 2012, 7:23 am #10

SOAP OPERA DIGEST has a habit of bringing back old quotes. I'm so happy this is one of those times. The EJ Show and the EJami pairing is why DAYS is failing in the ratings. NOBODY likes when characters are over-exposed.
ratings are for ages bad

l checked that's not the dealbreaker .

Sage Hope you always be mine little girl +