NBC puts DAYS on Notice

NBC puts DAYS on Notice

April 9th, 2012, 9:29 pm #1

NBC puts DAYS on Notice

TV Guide Reporting

Lauers new agreement keeps him in the coanchor chair of the morning show for four years and includes a program development deal, which could give him an ownership stake in a syndicated show outside of Today, TV Guide Magazine has learned. The contract could earn him in the neighborhood of $100 million, according to people familiar with the deal. One idea already being kicked around is spinning off Lauers regular segment Todays Professionals, in which he spars over hot-button issues with a panel that includes Star Jones, Donny Deutsch and Dr. Nancy Snyderman. The segment could also be developed into a fifth hour of Today.

Nothing will be determined till March of next year but if the rating stay as low as they are its a possible 5th hour of "The Today Show"

http://www.soapnewsandscoops.com/forums ... 98#p122298

April 9th, 2012, 9:32 pm #2

Now we know why they changed writers again!

Because they were doing too good a job. They need writers who will bring down and ruin the show so it can be cancelled.

Deja Vu: OLTL AMC GL ATWT

The writers were changed and the fans were not happy with the way their soaps were going
through the motions and not entertaining as they once did. Now you see it..now you don't.

Reality, talk, cooking...ACK!
Last edited by Dorothy595 on April 9th, 2012, 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 9th, 2012, 10:06 pm #3

TV Guide Reporting

Lauers new agreement keeps him in the coanchor chair of the morning show for four years and includes a program development deal, which could give him an ownership stake in a syndicated show outside of Today, TV Guide Magazine has learned. The contract could earn him in the neighborhood of $100 million, according to people familiar with the deal. One idea already being kicked around is spinning off Lauers regular segment Todays Professionals, in which he spars over hot-button issues with a panel that includes Star Jones, Donny Deutsch and Dr. Nancy Snyderman. The segment could also be developed into a fifth hour of Today.

Nothing will be determined till March of next year but if the rating stay as low as they are its a possible 5th hour of "The Today Show"

http://www.soapnewsandscoops.com/forums ... 98#p122298
Thanks

Not sure what to say

April 9th, 2012, 11:22 pm #4

What Will We Do?

I am sure I will probably make some people upset, but I think we as DOOL fans have a decision to make, by not watching we are only making the whole show and all of the actors suffer, because the writing is on the wall. If we do not have a really hard talk with ourselves and decide if we really want to cause the end of DOOL. Can we watch Days as it is and work to bring up the ratings are do we say we don't like the s/l's and keep not watching therefore, keeping the ratings low and insuring that Days will not remain on the air. I realize that I am probably speaking to the wrong people, but I for one would rather not like some of the s/l and keep watching or at least using my DVR and try to keep it on the air. What Will You Do?

April 9th, 2012, 11:53 pm #5

ITA

I have never thought tuning out because of bad storylines was a good reason so I have hung in. I do understand the frustration diehard fans have though. I hated what the last writers Tomlin & his gang did to Days and now we have them back and that scares the daylights out of me. I have my favs and I have been furious that we might have the same junk s/l and the same repeated actors day in and day out such as Sami, EJ, Rafe, Chad, Mel for me YUCK! If NBC wants Days done with, they are the way to go. It will be a sad day indeed for me when Tomlin again sinks this ship!

April 10th, 2012, 1:51 am #6

ITA Also

I say lets keep watching it and show are support!

April 10th, 2012, 2:12 am #7

Re: ITA Also

I agree, we stay with them and then the ratings won't be the problem. I am scared too, but at least they would have to find another reason to cancel the show.

April 10th, 2012, 2:54 am #8

I am sure I will probably make some people upset, but I think we as DOOL fans have a decision to make, by not watching we are only making the whole show and all of the actors suffer, because the writing is on the wall. If we do not have a really hard talk with ourselves and decide if we really want to cause the end of DOOL. Can we watch Days as it is and work to bring up the ratings are do we say we don't like the s/l's and keep not watching therefore, keeping the ratings low and insuring that Days will not remain on the air. I realize that I am probably speaking to the wrong people, but I for one would rather not like some of the s/l and keep watching or at least using my DVR and try to keep it on the air. What Will You Do?
Huh? Who's going to stop watching?

If I didn't stop watching when they fired Drake Hogestyn some time back I'm not going to stop now that he's returned!

I'm just saying that there was no reason to change writers when they were doing a bang up job with the pacing of the storylines, and the interesting plotlines.
Can you think of any other reason for changing them other than to ruin this soap? Will's coming out (and I'm one who did not want a gay storyline) is brilliant with Chandler
Massey in the role of Will and the writers have handled it beautifully so far.

How will the returning writers handle it?

April 10th, 2012, 3:48 am #9

Re: Huh? Who's going to stop watching?

I was not saying anyone would stop and especially you. I was just saying that on other boards I have been on people actually get upset and stop watching. I'm sorry not you. I was really just thinking out loud.

April 10th, 2012, 10:19 am #10

Re: Huh? Who's going to stop watching?

Weighing in on the subject, I think its better to watch sls that you don't necessarily find exhilarating than to not have the option of watching anything. I live abroad and can't access the shows 'live', I recently 're-found' DOOL and am watching both past and present sls--not all to my liking--but I do get to see BOPE and everyone else. You can't please everyone all the time, I'd rather be pleased some of the time than none of the time! Finally, if its NBC's goal to cancel the show because of low rating, then its up to those who can watch to do so--as someone else wrote, let them find another reason!