Hi I'm New

Hi I'm New

June 5th, 2012, 3:25 pm #1

Hi I'm New

and i was just wondering what makes a good plot for you.

June 5th, 2012, 4:54 pm #2

hello

lot things

June 5th, 2012, 6:16 pm #3

Hi and Welcome to New Salem

What constitutes a good plot for me?

A long running umbrella storyline that uses many of the core charcters ... whether it's a romance, a whodunit or a mystery they are working on. I like to see seemingly random threads woven together coherently in the end so you're left with this ... ah ha moment.

That would be a beginning for what I think a good plot constitutes.

Banner by Kelly.

Banner by CRene.

Banner by Xenia.

June 5th, 2012, 6:33 pm #4

I'll answer my own question....

A good plot for is

Is either a good old fashion pure romance that is slowly built from a very small seed and slowly matured. And old fashion mystery that gives you lots of twist and turns til the very end!

June 5th, 2012, 6:36 pm #5

You said it perfectly!

I can't handle these instant romances Days has been manufacturing lately - I just can't get invested in these couples at all!

Banner by Kelly.

Banner by CRene.

Banner by Xenia.

June 5th, 2012, 6:50 pm #6

I know i've watching....

the show for almost 20 years now. And i can't really get into the teen drama. I'm more into adult theme.... I'm really liking the Stefano murder mystery going on right now.

June 5th, 2012, 9:08 pm #7

Hello

Hi there!
A good plot has many layers and involves many characters in different ways. The murder mystery with Stefano involves a lot of people, but to me it is too done. How many times has the man died? So originality is important too. And yes, let's please stop the quicky-I love you's. Ridiculous!

Last edited by marci1970 on June 5th, 2012, 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 5th, 2012, 9:43 pm #8

Hi and welcome, Lucy!

WELCOME LUCY!!

I love whodunits! I'm really enjoying the Stefano "killing" right now because so many characters are involved.

I think the last time we had a good whodunit was when Eileen Davidson was on the show and there mystery was who killed the woman in the pool. (Susan's husband, the last person I expected but it was an accident.) That one had everyone posting their theories and would point out the clues etc.

June 5th, 2012, 10:29 pm #9

Hi, Lucy

I agree with your comments regarding S/L. I really have no interest in overnight love stories. I love a good mystery; I am going to enjoy Days while this last and hope the new so called writers dont take us backwards to nothing but 20s & early 30s S/Ls. I enjoy Days when we have the full spectrum of ages shown.