October 18th, 2004, 12:10 pm #1

D

December 21st, 2004, 2:40 am #2

Debs' Fics

December 21st, 2004, 2:42 am #3

*m*i*s*t*l*e*t*o*e*

A Shawn and Belle Christmas Fanfic.

mistletoe… a short story…

“I can’t believe that tomorrow I’m going to be your wife, Philip,” Belle said as she gazed into her fiancés eyes.

It was December 23, just one day before their Christmas Eve nuptials and the two were enjoying a quiet moment away from the hustle and bustle of the rehearsal dinner and final preparations.

Philip looked at Belle lovingly, “I’m so happy you said yes,” he said as he kissed her lightly on the lips.

Belle loved Philip. And he was a great kisser, but his kisses just didn’t ignite the same spark that Shawn’s had. From their first kiss on, it didn’t matter if it was a peck, or a full on make out session, she always had butterflies. With Philip she felt loved, she felt comfortable, but there were never any butterflies, never the anticipation and excitement she felt with each kiss from Shawn.

Philip tightened his grip around Belle when he noticed she was getting distant. She always got like this when she thought about him. His nephew, her ex. The man that at one point even Philip had thought Belle would wind up with. He hid his feelings toward Belle from the second he had returned to Salem, he didn’t allow them to be shown until after Shawn left Belle. How anyone could do that to this woman boggled him, but he was grateful because now Belle was marrying him, not Shawn.

Belle gave Philip a small smile before pulling away from him.

“We should probably go back inside and mingle with our guests. I’m sure you’re mom is bursting at the seams,” Belle joked as she grabbed Philip’s hand and led him back into the main room of the Penthouse Grill.

“And here are the bride and groom!” Kate exclaimed as they rejoined their guests.

Belle blushed at the exclamation. Tomorrow she was going to be a bride, and she was marrying one of her best friends, but it wasn’t how she had pictured it growing up. Sure, her dress was beautiful, the reception hall was going to be perfect, but her groom was different. For over 20 years her groom had been one with dark hair and eyes, slightly tanned skin. Her groom had been Shawn.

Belle shook the thought out of her head and walked up to Kate, “Thank you so much for everything you’ve done. I really couldn’t ask for more. Even though my mother wasn’t here for the preparations, I’m so very glad that you were.

“Of course honey, I just want you and Philip, and all of my children, to be happy.”

Belle smiled. At least Kate was happy about her marriage to Philip, the same could not be said about her half-sister Sami, who just so happened to be marrying Kate’s other son, and Philip’s half-brother Lucas.

Belle rolled her eyes when she thought about the fact that at one point, a daughter of Marlena Evans had been involved with one of Kate’s sons.

Belle was about to walk over to Sami, who was obviously fuming again, when she saw him. All 5 foot 11 inches of gorgeous had just walked in the room. With her.

Belle shook her head, hoping she was seeing things, but there they were, her ex-love of her life, and his new fiancé going to dinner at the same time her rehearsal dinner was happening.

Belle turned around quickly and bumped into Lucas.

“Hey Belle, is everything okay?” he asked.

“Yeah, fine, just have a lot of things running through my mind. Sorry about bumping into you.”

Lucas chuckled, “It’s fine, really. I can relate. But, can I talk to you outside for a minute?”

“Sure, Lucas, what about?”

The two walked out into the lobby and sat down.

“I just want to make sure you’re happy, Belle.”

“Of course I’m happy, Lucas, I’m getting married tomorrow, what girl wouldn’t be happy?”

“But are you entirely happy with your decision?”

Belle looked questioningly at Lucas.

“Don’t get me wrong Belle, I know Philip loves you, and I want my little brother to be happy. But first and foremost you are Sami’s sister, so I want to look out for you. You were in love with Shawn for a very long time. I know that kind of love is very hard to let go of, I tried to many times with Sami, but as you can see, that never worked. I just wanted to make sure that you were doing what you wanted to do, not just what everyone thought you should do. I know my mother can be very insistent at times.”

Belle smiled softly at Lucas. She was happy, wasn’t she? This is what she wanted. She was positive.
“Yes Lucas, this is what I want. I’m very happy. Thank you for looking out for me though, I appreciate it.”

Lucas smiled at Belle, hoping she was telling the truth.

“Well I guess I can say ‘Welcome to the family then,’” Lucas said with a smile.

“I should probably say the same to you actually,” Belle said with a smile as she leaned into to hug her future brother in law.

“Well, I should probably go find your sister before she kills my mother,” Lucas said as he rolled his eyes and walked back into the restaurant.

Belle looked up and saw that she was alone. ‘I’m doing the right thing’ she thought to herself as she walked toward the restroom.

Five minutes later she walked out to see none other than Shawn Brady leaning against the entrance to the restroom area.

“Congratulations.”

Belle felt the all too familiar pit return to her stomach. It was the same way she felt every time he had spoken to her in the past 3 months.

“Thank you, now if you’ll excuse me, I need to get back to my guests.”

“Not so fast.”

“What now, Shawn?” she asked as she put both hands on her hips, growing increasing impatient.

Shawn simply lifted his eyes upwards and pointed his finger.

Belle shook her head as she saw the mistletoe he was pointing to, “No Shawn. I’m getting married tomorrow.”

“Then I still have time to change your mind.”

Belle felt the tears welling in her eyes. She’d waited so long to hear those words, but they were too late. They had to be too late.

“No, Shawn. You’ve had three months. You blew it. I’m marrying Philip tomorrow. It’s over between us. You’ve made it quite clear.”

“I was wrong.”

“You’re too late,” she tried to push past him but he put his arm up to block her exit.

His mouth was closed tightly together, “Fine. But it’s tradition. Just one. Last. Kiss.”

Belle tried to summon up the strength to say no, but she couldn’t find the words as Shawn leaned in to capture his lips in hers one last time.

He pulled away and looked at her. He still loved her. He would always love her, but he had to let her go.

Belle fought an inner battle. Should she marry Philip tomorrow? He had always been there for her, he had never hurt her. Not like Shawn had. But deep down she knew she still loved Shawn. She always had.

Shawn began to walk away when she pulled him back under the mistletoe, immediately capturing his lips in another kiss.

“I love you Shawn.”

“I love you so much Belle.”

The two continue to kiss under the mistletoe for what seemed like forever.

Belle looked up at Shawn in tears, “What do we do?”

Shawn wiped a tear away and kissed her on the forehead, “We start over.”

“What about Philip and Jan?”

Shawn shook his head, “Don’t worry about them. All I want is you. Right now we need to savor this. We’ll deal with them later.”

And with that, he pulled her in for another kiss, knowing that the end of this year meant new beginnings for him and Belle.

January 4th, 2005, 1:52 pm #4

Daysfan345 (Deb)'s Fics

January 4th, 2005, 1:54 pm #5

Before You

A Shawn and Belle short story. This story has an overall rating of NC17.

I disclaim: I do not own these characters.

“Okay Belle, now keep your eyes closed,” 25 year old Shawn Douglas Brady said as he led his bride to her surprise.

“Shawn, where are you taking me?” Belle could barely contain her excitement.

“You’ll see Isabella. Now take a step up, yes that’s right. All right, here we are. Are you ready?” Shawn began to tease Belle by pulling the blindfold off slightly.

“Yes,” Belle said with a large smile on her face.

“Alright, now remember that I did this for you; for us.” As he said those words, he untied the blindfold, letting it fall to the cabin floor.

“Oh Shawn, its beautiful,” Belle said as she looked around the cabin. “But how? We have been together ever since the reception.”

Before answering, Shawn flashed his trademark smirk and looked into Belle’s eyes. “Lets just say I had the help of a few good friends.”

As she heard the words, she began to giggle. “Mimi? I knew she was up to something, but I had no idea it could be this. It is beautiful Shawn.”

Taking Belle’s hand in his, he led her to the bed. “I knew you would like it Isabella. I am glad this day has finally come. The day I can finally show you how much I love you and the day I can finally call you my wife.”

“You seem to forget I can finally call you my husband Mr. Brady.” With that, Belle leaned in, gently kissing the lips she loved so much. Pulling her husband close, she opened her mouth slightly, inviting Shawn’s tongue to come in.

Eternity seemed to have passed before Shawn pulled himself from Belle. “Belle, I love you so much. I don’t know how I could live without you, without your love.”

“And I love you Shawn, only you.”

Twenty Minutes Later

“Are you ready Shawn?” Belle asked as she waited in the bathroom. Moments have passed in anxiety as she looked in the mirror, wondering if this was the right outfit for such a special occasion.

“Do you need to ask?” Shawn stated as he lit the last candle. As he turned around, he saw Belle standing there, dressed in lace. “You’re beautiful Isabella, and you’re all mine, for now and forever.”

“Shawn, there is something I need to tell you.”

“Belle, it can wait sweetie. Tonight is a special night.”

“I know Shawn, that is why I have to tell you this.” Taking Shawn’s hand in hers, she begins. “We have had our ups and downs. Between Jan and Cassie chasing after you and Philip pursuing me when he came home, I think we have found something special; something that will last forever. We have had our hard times since we started dating. I had to learn to trust you again; I had to learn to trust others. For a while I thought we would never make it this far...”

But before she could go on, Shawn stopped her. “Belle honey…”

But she would not let him talk. She needed to say this. “No wait. I need to say this. Through all we have been through, we finally made it. And tonight, I want to show you how much I love you and how much I need you in my life.”

Shawn couldn’t say anything. He just looked into her eyes for forever. “I love you Isabella Brady.”

Smiling, she answered her husband with the same words he spoke to her seconds before. “And I love you Shawn Douglas Brady.”

As Shawn heard those words, he took Isabella and led her to the bed. As he looked into her eyes, he could tell she was nervous, tense, and everything that came along with it. He slowly took Belle’s shoulders in his hands and carefully turned her on her stomach. As he began to massage her shoulders, a small sigh escaped from Belle’s mouth.

Minutes passed before Shawn moved his hands from her back. “Shawn,” Belle asked, “Where are you going?”

As Shawn walked towards the cabinet, he replied. “Music my dear, music.” Melodious sounds began to creep their way into the room as he pushed play. “I made this take for you Belle. I know how much you love these songs.”

I wonder how I ever made it through a day
How did I settle for a world in shades of gray
When you go in circles all the scenery looks the same
And you don't know why

“Shawn,” Belle said as a few loan tears began to fall from her cheeks, “This is all so great. The cabin, the music, you, everything. It is all I could have ever dreamed of.”

Then I looked into your eyes
Where the road stretched out in front of me,
And I realize

“Belle, nothing is to good for you. This does not even compare to what you truly deserve.”

I never lived before your love
I never felt before your touch
I never needed anyone to make me feel alive
But then again I wasn't really living

Tears were now flowing from Belle’s eyes as she took in everything. “Shawn, I… I don’t know what to say. This means everything to me.”

I wanted more than just an ordinary life
All of my dreams seemed like castles in the sky
I stand before you and my heart is in your hands
And I don't know how
I survived without your kiss
Cause you're giving me a reason to exist

“Belle, there is a reason that I put this song first. It completely says how I feel about you. Before we started dating and you were dating other guys, I never knew what true happiness was. Now, I know that I could never live without you, your smile, your love.”

Taking Belle’s in his, Shawn pulled Belle close. Their lips inches apart, Shawn whispered “I love you Isabella.”

And I don't know why
While the sun decides to shine
But you breathed your love into me just in time

As their lips touched, they knew this was how they wanted to stay forever. As Belle deepens the kiss, she slowly moves her hand from his face down towards his chest. As they fall towards the bed, Belle slowly unbuttons Shawn’s shirt, letting her fingers massage his chest with every undone button.

I never lived

As Shawn’s shirt is pulled from his body, the next song begins to play.

If you're not the one then why does my soul feel glad today?
If you're not the one then why does my hand fit yours this way?
If you are not mine then why does your heart return my call?
If you are not mine would I have the strength to stand at all?

Breaking the intense moment, Shawn leans up, looks into Belle’s eyes, and begins to speak. “I don’t know what I would do without you Isabella. You are my life, my world, my soul mate.”

I never know what the future brings,
but I know you are here with me now,
We'll make it through,
and I hope you are the one I share my life with

“I love you Shawn, now stop talking.” Pulling Shawn closer, she begins to take off the belt that was covering the one thing she wanted most. As the belt is removed from his body, Belle begins to move toward his zipper. As her hands inch ever so close, Shawn quickly pulls them away.

“Not yet Isabella.”

I don't wanna run away but I can't take it, I don't understand,
If I'm not made for you then why does my heart tell me that I am?
Is there any way that I can stay in your arms?

Shawn’s eyes began to move from Belle’s eyes, down her neck, and focus on the straps that were barley clinging to her shoulders. “Naughty boy Shawn.”

“I know.”

If I don't need you then why am I crying on my bed?
If I don't need you then why does your name resound in my head?
If you're not for me then why does this distance maim my life?
If you're not for me then why do I dream of you as my wife?

Sliding the straps off of the shoulders, Shawn began to remove the upper part of Belle’s clothing. Shawn couldn’t do anything but stare. “Shawn,” Belle teased, “Cat got your tongue?”

Swallowing hard, Shawn replied. “You’re so perfect Belle.”

I don't know why you're so far away,
But I know that this much is true,
We'll make it through,
And I hope you are the one I share my life with,
And I wish that you could be the one I die with,
And I pray in you're the one I build my home with,
I hope I love you all my life

Lowering his head towards Belle’s breasts, he took one to his mouth, and began to tease her beyond her wildest dreams. As he circling his tongue around her nipple, a loud moan escaped from her throat.

“Shawn……”

I don't wanna run away but I can't take it, I don't understand,
Is there any way that I can stay in your arms?

Moving from the left breast to the right breast, Shawn continued to give Belle the same bliss. “Shawn I… Oh GODDDDDDDDDDD Shawn!”

'Cause I miss you body and soul so strong that it takes my breath away,
And I breathe you into my heart and pray for the strength to stand today,
'Cause I love you, whether it's wrong or right,
And though I can't be with you tonight,
You know my heart is by your side

Removing his lips from Belle’s breast, he looked up into her eyes. “I take it you like?”

Barely able to speak, Belle spoke a quiet “Yes.” As she regained her strength, she sat up, wrapping her arms around Shawn’s neck. “Now, I think it is your turn sweetie.”

In one quick movement, Belle had Shawn underneath her. “Now… Where would I get to you?” As Belle let her finger rest on his chest, she asked, “Here?” Letting her finger trail towards his stomach, she began to giggle. “Or would this be better?”

“Belle, you don’t know what you do to me,” Shawn said as Belle’s fingers moved further south.

“Oh, but I think I do,” Belle said as her finger rested on the bulge that was growing larger every inch Belle moves. “Would this affect you,” Belle questioned, “if I did this?”

With that, Belle began to undo the button, revealing Shawn’s rubber ducky boxers. “Rubber Duckies Shawn?”

“Belle, way to kill the mood,” Shawn said with an embarrassed tone to his voice.

I don't wanna run away but I can't take it,
I don’t understand,
Is there any way I can stay in your arms?

“I’m sorry Shawn…… Would this make you feel better?” Belle asked as she tugged at the elastic band around his boxers.

“Uh huh. But you shouldn’t do that you know,” Shawn said as Belle began to pull the boxers from his body. As she shed the last piece of clothing from Shawn’s body, her eyes traveled from his face towards his manhood. Taking it into her hands, she lowered her head level with Shawn’s body, and began to speak.

“Should I do this,” Belle asked as she moved her mouth inches from his bulging manhood, “or would it not be good?”

Unable to respond, Shawn just shook his head as to say “Yes.”

Belle began to move her lips closer towards him, and in doing so, she began to softly blow on his increasing bulge. Then, taking him into her mouth, she began to playfully tease him with her tongue. “Oh God Belle……………” Shawn soon found Belle taking him to heights he had never been to. After what seemed like an eternity, Belle moved her petite body up towards Shawn’s side.

“Make love to me Shawn,” Belle said, “Now.”

Looking into Belle’s eyes, Shawn started to speak. “Belle, you need to learn how to wait. Patience my dear, patience.” With that, Shawn began to playfully play with Belle’s panties. Not long after, he intertwined his fingers into the silk and began to slowly pull them off her slender body and throw them towards the pile of clothes that was now gathering at the foot of the bed. “Isabella, you are perfect.”

Sliding his body towards the end of the bed, Shawn began to inch closer and closer to Belle’s thighs and to her most intimate part on her body. Looking up from his position, Shawn looked up to see Belle looking at him, pleading with him to touch her, to hold her, to kiss her.

“Shawn, I need you to touch me,” Belle said as she pleaded with Shawn, “please.” He ran his hand back up her leg and placed it where she wanted it most. Belle showed her pleasure with a moan. His fingers soon became moist. He replaced his hand with his mouth and she let out a deeper sound. He teased her with his tongue, but before he brought her to her maximum, he stopped. Crawling back towards his wife, he smiled. Belle on the other hand wasn’t so happy.

“Shawn??? Please don’t stop. I need you, now.”

With a smile, he pulled her to him. He entered slowly and gently. Belle cringed as he entered, but held Shawn tighter, pulling him closer. She needed him as deep as possible, wanting to feel closer to him than anyone had ever been. They soon reached their climax together.

“I love you Isabella,” Shawn said, “always and forever.”

Looking into her husband’s eyes, Belle began to speak. “And I love you Shawn, I always have.”

One Hour Later

As Belle lay there, she began to remember when Shawn asked for her hand in marriage.

"Belle," Shawn said looking into his girlfriends eyes,
"I know I have always loved you and that you have always love me.
From the first night at Puerto Rico, I knew you would be the one.
From our first kiss to tonight, I have grown to know that you are my
soul mate and I never want to be apart from you - ever. Now, standing
here, looking into your eyes, I know this is right. Isabella,” Shawn
began as he crouched down on one knee, “Will you marry me? Will you
do me the pleasure of becoming my wife?”

A smile crept upon Belle’s face as she thought about that moment. She was so happy then, she thought she couldn’t ever be happier. But now, here in Shawn’s arms, she knew she could never be happier.

As she turned on her side to face Shawn, she knew this was right. This was where she belonged, right here with Shawn, forever. “Thank you Shawn,” she began, “this is perfect. The candles, the roses, the cabin, you, everything… You made this night so perfect, thank you. I love you Shawn.”

“I love you too Isabella.”

The End

Song Credit:
Before Your Love -- Kelly Clarkson
If You're Not The One - Daniel Bedingfield

February 2nd, 2005, 1:42 am #6

I Would Do Anything To Save You

A Jack and Jennifer Fanfic.

February 2nd, 2005, 1:43 am #7

Prologue - Chapter 5

Prologue

What do I say to him to make him believe me? I don’t want to spend any time with him. But I have to. He can’t kill Jack. I’ll do anything to save him.

Jennifer finally realized something she could do. Although it brought her great pain, she knew it was the only thing to do at the moment.

Saving Jack's life was the only thing on her mind, and nothing else.

Chapter 1

“Do you want me to prove that you are the man I want? Fine I will. Make love to me.”

It was all Jennifer could do to hold back the tears that came to her eyes as she said those four little words – make love to me. The only person Jennifer wanted to be with in every since of the word was Jack. She wanted to be with him so bad it hurt, but she couldn’t. She had to do this. “Make love to me Colin. Let me show you that you are the man I want.”

“No Jennifer. This is not like you. You are coming on to strong. Why do you want this so badly?” Colin knew she was lying. After all he had seen her kissing Jack. But he was going to play this for all it was worth. He did want to be with Jennifer, why not take advantage of this opportunity.

“No Colin. I want to be with you – right now. Don’t you want me?” Jennifer knew if she didn’t keep playing the part he wouldn’t believe her. But heck, after all, he didn’t believe her anyway.

“Jennifer I have never waited on another woman in my life. But I did for you. Doesn’t that mean something to you? And now that you want to be with me, it doesn’t feel right; it feels like its being pressured.”

What do I tell him? I don't want to be with him, I want to be with Jack. But this, this has to happen. I have to go through with this. "You're right Colin. We have waited to long. I'm nervous, excited, and I want you."

“Is this a ploy Jennifer? Why now?” If Jennifer was going to try and play Colin like a fool he was going to string her along. He wasn’t just going to let her get away with this. He wouldn’t let Jack get away with steeling his woman.

“No Colin. I was hurt, you hurt me. When we were in Africa I had strong feelings for you and I was feeling vulnerable and I threw caution to the wind. I followed you to Ireland and you rejected me. Or so I thought. I was devastated, I felt I couldn’t’ trust you. And now that I can I want to show you I love you.”

Does she think I'm stupid? I have eyes and ears and I know she's lying. But this will make my dreams come true, and it will hurt Jack."I will never hurt you again, Jennifer. I promise. I love you. But do you love me?

Downstairs, Jack was frantic. He couldn’t find Jennifer and he was afraid that she was with Colin. Fearing that Colin might somehow have his hands on Jennifer, he called Colin’s room. No answer. “Where is she? Come on Jennifer. Don’t be doing anything stupid.”

Back in the room, Colin was still trying to get Jennifer to say she loved him. He wanted to hear it, even if it wasn’t true, he needed to hear it. “You say you want me, but do you love me?”

Suddenly the phone rang. “You should get that, it could be the hospital. It might be an emergency.”

“The hospital be damned. Do you love me Jennifer? You say you want to be with me, but do you really love me?”

With tears almost running down her face she finally said what Colin wanted to hear. “Yes Colin. I love you and only you.” She held back the tears but couldn’t push back the guilt that was consuming her. She knew what she was about to do was wrong, but to save Jack she would do anything.

As if he was on cue, Colin reached up his hand to Jennifer’s shoulder and started to peel off her jacket. At the feel of his touch, Jennifer quenched. “Jennifer, is everything okay?”

“Yes.” At the sound of assurance, Colin reached for her scarf, pulling it off slowly. Jennifer reached up to help him, pulling it off faster. She needed to get this over with. She needed to be with Jack. She needed to feel safe.

As the clothes were pulled off slowly, one at a time, Jennifer could only think of Jack and her love for him. Colin walked Jennifer towards the bed, ever so slowly. And as he pulled her down on top of him, Jennifer thought of the last time she and Jack had made love. It was so long ago, but so clear. She remembered Jack’s tender touch and his soft hands caressing her smooth skin. But this, this wasn’t anything like her times with Jack. Colin, he was so ruff and harsh.

During the intense moments for Colin, Jennifer could only hold back the tears that were coming to her face. Jack, I did this for you. I only hope you can forgive me.

Flashback

“And -- and so I'm just telling you that it feels really awful to feel so empty for so long... and as long as I live, there is no one else who could fill that space in my heart, Jack. And I don't want to fill it with bitterness, and I don't want to fill it with anger.

You know, it was Christmas when I accepted your proposal, and I accepted it because I knew that it was meant to be. And how many times did we think we were never going to make it to the altar, Jack? But in the end, we did. We did because it was meant to be.

So I'm telling you, I don't want to turn my back on destiny. I don't want to turn my back on you.” Jack looked into Jennifer’s eyes and knew this was right. “Jennifer.” The space between their lips slowly grew smaller until their lips met. It was just like Jennifer remembered. Jack was so caring. As the kiss deepened, Jack wrapped his arms around Jennifer’s waist, only to have Jennifer pull away. “Jack... I've wanted to do that for so long.”

End of Flashback

As Colin was kissing Jennifer, memories of her time she spent with Jack kept flooding back. Tears were coming into her eyes and she could barely hold them back. As Colin fell back onto the bed, Jennifer was pulled back into reality and to the reality that she had just been with Colin. I do love you Jack. And I will do anything, anything to protect you.

Chapter 2

Downstairs in the lobby, Bo and Hope arrive for their night of romance on Hope’s birthday. As soon as Hope walks away, Jack runs to Bo’s side, proclaiming that Jennifer is missing. “My gut tells me that Colin has his hands on Jennifer and I have to find her. I have got to get up to Colin’s room.”

“Slow down. You can’t go up there. But I can.”

“Jennifer I love you. That was everything I ever dreamed of.” She couldn’t answer; all she could do was roll over. When she did, the tears she had been holding back came flooding down. Colin pulled her back over onto her back and asked, “Are you alright?”

“Yeah, I just… I am so happy. Do you understand that I love you and only you? And that Jack is no threat to us? Do you believe me now?”

“Yes I do.” As Colin said those words, he leaned in for a kiss, but just in time there was a knock on the door.

Jennifer took this chance to get out of there as quick as she could. Grabbing the bedspread around her she took off for the bathroom. “Jennifer wait. I won’t answer the door.”

Jennifer did not stop, or even look back. She needed to get away from Colin. “Damn” was all Colin could say as he got up to answer the door.

As Colin opened up the door, he saw the man he was to kill. “What do you want Bo?” Bo smirked and let out a little laugh.

“Hope and I were here in the hotel and I just wanted to stop by. Are you alone?”

Why does he want to know if I'm alone? What is he up to? "Yes, I am alone. What does that matter? But look. I'm bloody tired. I just pulled an all nighter so I need to get my rest. Please leave." With that, Colin walked toward the door, opened it, and motioned for Bo to leave. Knowing he was not welcome, Bo left.

“You can come out now Jennifer. He’s gone.”

Jennifer came out of the bathroom slowly. Colin was shocked that she was already fully clothed. “Jennifer, I wanted to spend the rest of the day in bed with you.”

All Jennifer could do was hold back the laugh that wanted to be let out. “Colin I can’t. I’ve got to get back to work and I have to pick up Abby.” A look of sadness but a hint of anger came upon Colin’s face as he heard her excuse.

“Look I didn’t say anything to Bo. I thought it should be our secret.”

Relief was all Jennifer could feel when she heard that Colin didn’t tell Bo that they had sex. “Good me too.”

“You know Jennifer. If the Brady clan finds out they won’t approve.” Jennifer never thought about whether her family would find out.

“No. No I won’t suppose.”

“That’s why I want you to come back to Ireland with me. We need to leave as soon as possible.”

Jennifer thought about the last time she was in Ireland and then her thoughts went to Jack. “No Colin. I can’t do that.”

“Abby would come with us of course.”

How am I going to get myself out of this? "To Ireland?"

“Yes. I was thinking about moving back and now that we are together and everything’s perfect, why wait?”

I don't love you, that's why. I never will. "I can think of a dozen reasons why I can't go."

She's not making this easy on me, is she? "We are crazy in love. I can give you and Abby a wonderful life now and forever."

“I can’t.”

“You can’t or you won’t?”

I won't. "Look, there is nothing that sounds more wonderful than spending the rest of my life with you, but I can't. I can't leave my job. They depend on me."

Jennifer, don't lie to me. "I'm sure you could find another replacement."

“Yes I could but it would take an extensive search. And there is Abby; she is in the middle of her school year. And then my family, I couldn’t leave my Grandmother. And Hope. And Lucas. I couldn’t leave them.”

Colin was getting frustrated. He knew the very reason Jennifer wouldn’t go with him – Jack. “And Jack. You couldn’t leave Jack.”

You're right. I couldn't leave the love of my life for you. "Not Jack. He is not the obstacle here and I promise you that. I want to go to Ireland with you, but I can't right now. There are to many things to do here in Salem. I really have to go. I'm sorry."

“Alright. But I’ll see you later then Jennifer. We need to talk about this.”

“Fine. We’ll meet later. Goodbye.” And with that Jennifer grabbed her purse and walked straight to the door. But before she could leave, Colin grabbed her arm, causing her to spin around into his arms.

Colin gave her a little kiss on the forehead before saying I love you. Jennifer looked into his eyes and as she held back the tears she whispered “I love you too.”

As Jennifer walked into the lobby, she was stopped at the sound of Jack’s voice. No. Jack cannot see me like this. “Jack, she wasn’t up there. Colin said he pulled an all nighter; I checked it out and he was telling the truth.”

“Bo… I just have this gut feeling…” Jack was cut off by the sound of his cell phone.

Please let this be Jennifer."Uh hello."

With tears running down her face, Jennifer tried to answer without sounding horrible, “Hey its me.”

With a sigh of relief Jack answered quickly, “Jennifer I’ve been worried sick about you. Where have you been?”

Oh Jack. I can't tell you where I have been. It would crush you. As the tears kept streaming down her face, the only words Jennifer could manage were, "I'm a. I'm so sorry, Jack."

She sounds horrible. What happened to her? "You sound awful. Are you alright?"

As soon as Jennifer noticed that Jack could tell she was crying, she pulled herself together. “I. I uh.. I had this other story I was pursuing and I couldn’t back out and uh.. I had to meet him.”

Jack knew she was lying. He could tell it in her voice. “I’ve been calling you. I was worried.”

“I know and uh I just turned my cell phone off so I wouldn’t be distracted that’s all… Again I am so sorry.”

Why in the world is she so sorry? "Would you stop apologizing? Just come and meet me. I'm in the lobby of the Salem Inn."

She couldn't let Jack see her like this. She looked horrible and she knew it. "I can't. I have to follow up on this story." Click

Chapter 3

After days of avoiding Jack, Jennifer finally felt it was time to tell Jack the truth. She knew that the news would hurt Jack, but the thought of him finding out from Colin was unbearable. As Jennifer reached into her jacked and pulled out her cell phone, thoughts of her night with Colin kept rushing back. As she dialed the number she kept running over what she would say, how she would say it. But then she didn’t have to. It was his voice mail. Should she leave a message or try back later? “Jack, its me. I’m sorry I haven’t been around in the last few days. I really would like to see you tonight. Abby will be at your parents house so we’ll have the night to ourselves. Again I am really sorry about not contacting your sooner.”

Hours later Jennifer was busy getting the house ready for her night with Jack. She knew that when she told him he would be heart broken and would possibly hate her. For that fact she knew that before she told him about Colin she would make sure he knew that she loved him. She had to make sure he knew that she loved him.

After a while, Jennifer is lost in her thoughts of Jack. Memories of their time together kept flooding back. The sound of the closing door knocks her back into reality. As she turns around and faces the front door, sees Jack standing there. Without taking his eyes off of her, Jack walks toward the couch, sits down, and says, “I think we need to talk.”

Unable to say anything at the time, Jennifer slowly walks to the couch, never taking her eyes off of Jack. “I think you’re right. There are some things you need to know.” Before she spoke, she took a deep breath and looked into Jacks eyes. This was the man she wanted to spend the rest of her life with, no one else. She only hoped that he would realize that and understand what she did.

Jack could tell that something was wrong with Jennifer. He could see the pain in her beautiful eyes as she looked at him. As he started to speak, Jennifer interrupted him, insisting that she say what she needed to. “Jack tonight was designed to show you how much I love you. I have a dinner waiting for us in the dinning room, but once I tell you this, you may not want to stay.”

About this time Jack was getting worried, but not to mention scared. “Jennifer, what is it?”

How am I going to tell Jack? He will be devastated. Jennifer started out calmly. Maybe if she worked into telling him it wouldn't be so bad. "Jack, you know that I love you and that you are the only man I want in my life. You understand that, don't you?"

“Jennifer, I feel the same way for you. You are the only woman I want to spend my life with. The only woman I dream about. Please tell my why you think I might not want to stay.”

“Jack, remember the day after we gave each other the gifts?” A smile came to Jack’s face as he remembered that morning.

Flashback

As Jennifer was leaving the house for the morning, Jack stopped her and pulled her in for a kiss. After the kiss had lifted, Jennifer whispered a note or assurance to Jack. "I love you."

A smile rose to Jack's face as he heard those three words. "You know every time I see you I will expect you to say that."

A small giggle rose from her throat will Jack was speaking. As she looked into his eyes, she saw the man she wanted to spend the rest of her life with. She rose up on her tiptoes to give him a quick peck on the cheek as she left. Opening the door, she stepped outside. But before she walked away, she turned around to look at Jack. "I love you Jack Devereaux!" With those five words said, she smiled, turned around, and headed for the car.

As Jack stepped towards the door, he spoke only six words, "And I love you, Jennifer Rose."

End of Flashback

“Yes I do remember. And if my memory serves me right, every time you see me you were supposed to tell me something.”

A slight smile came to Jennifer’s face as she looked up into his eyes. “I do love you Jack. And I just hope that when I tell you this, you will still feel the same way.”

What is she talking about? "Jennifer, please tell me whatever it is you are feeling inside."

O Jack. I just pray that you can forgive me.
"Okay. I will tell you."

As she began, tears began to stream down her face. "When I was walking out to my car that day, Colin was there. I heard him mumble something about if he couldn't have me, no one could. And then; then he said..."

She couldn’t go on. The tears were streaming down her face and she didn’t want to go on. “Jennifer, I have to know. Please tell me.”

As she reached up to clear the tears from her face, she went on. “He said that he was going to kill you Jack. I couldn’t let that happen. I couldn’t. I knew I had to do something. So I went to his room. I had to stop him. I was late for that meeting because… Because I…” Tears were streaming harder than before. As she looked into Jack’s eyes, he knew what she was trying to say.

“Jennifer, you didn’t did you? Please tell me you didn’t sleep with Murphy.”

How did he know? As she looked up into his eyes, he knew the answer. She had slept with Colin. Her eyes gave it away; he could always read her mind through her eyes.

“How could you?”

Through her tears and moans, all she could say was, “I did it for you. For us. So we could be together. So he wouldn’t kill you.”

Pain filled Jacks face and heart. He couldn’t talk to her. Not even look at her. The thought of Murphy’s hands on his Jennifer was to much. “I… I uh… I have to go.”

“No Jack don’t go. Let me explain!” But it was to late; he was gone. He walked out that door without a second glance. I’ve lost him forever

Chapter 4

Jennifer ran towards the door trying to catch Jack. But it was so late; he was gone. He walked out on her; she knew he would if she told him the truth. As she closed the door, she began to slide against the door until she was sitting on the hard floor with her back against the door.

Hours went by and Jennifer couldn’t move. As the floor began to get uncomfortable, she moved to the couch. Her tears were still flowing as hard as they were when Jack left; maybe even harder.

But then she heard the phone ring. Should she get it? Who would it be? Would Jack call her to tell her he understands? Or who else could it be? It could be Colin. I don’t want to talk to him ever again.

She sat there as the machine beeps, listening and hoping it would be Jack. “Jennifer. It’s Colin. You said you would be in touch, but it has been days. Where are you? I would love to get together sometime soon. Should I look forward to seeing you soon?”

No. You will never see me again. You ruined the best thing in my life and now he is gone. He left me... Because of you.

Unknown to Jennifer, Jack really never left. He had been outside sitting on the other side of the door. He wanted to come in and tell her he understands; that he would have done the same thing. But thoughts of Colin touching Jennifer plagued Jack and kept him from coming inside. But finally he got the courage to walk back into the house and face Jennifer. He knew she didn’t lock the door, he never heard it click. He entered the house very quietly, not wanting Jennifer to hear him come in.

As he entered the house, he saw her sitting there on the couch. Still wearing the dress she had on and still crying. He shut the door as quite as he could, not wanting to startle her. Walking up behind her, he stood there for a moment, wondering what to say. A small laugh came to him, but he couldn’t make any noise. He knew what to say and it would say all he needed it to say.

“Jennifer, the food? Is it still available for us to eat… together?”

Jennifer turned around, seeing the man she loved and knowing that soon, everything would be all right. "Yeah... It is." A smile came to both faces as they walked into the dinning room, hand in hand. Yes, everything would be all right soon enough.

Chapter 5

The next morning, Jennifer awoke in her bed, not knowing how she got there. Stretching her legs out into a straight position, Jennifer remembered her talk with Jack the night before. He was so understanding. It was his love for her that brought him back to her, nothing else.

Flashback

For the first few minutes, Jennifer and Jack sat at the table in complete silence, neither one knowing what they should say.

“Jack, I’m sorry.”

Looking up from his plate, Jack saw tears starting to fall once again. As he stood up from his place across the table from Jennifer, he took his napkin in his hand. Walking to the opposite side of the table, he knelt down beside Jennifer’s chair. Jennifer turned her head to face Jack. As he reached up his hand to wipe away the tears, Jennifer moved her hand upward to touch Jacks. He quietly whispered, “It is alright Jennifer. I am here now. That’s all that matters.”

End of Flashback

The rest of the night seemed a blur. Had Jack left or was he still here? She wasn’t sure. She quickly dressed and hurried downstairs. As she rounded the corner into the living room, she saw Jack lying on the couch sleeping. He must have taken me to bed once I fell asleep.

Jennifer slowly walked over to the couch, and as she sat down, a slight smile rose from Jack’s lips. “Jennifer, you’re awake.”

A slight smile arose on Jennifer’s face, “Yeah. I am.”

An hour later, Jack and Jennifer were enjoying their breakfast on the couch talking about the previous nights events.

“Jack? Did I fall asleep on you?” A mischievous grin arose on Jack’s face.

“Not on me per say. I left the room to get something and I came back and you had fallen asleep. I put you into your bed and laid down on the couch.”

As they began to reminisce about the previous night, they heard a small little voice. “Mommy??? Are you home?”

“Yes Abigail, I’m in here.” Jennifer said as she saw her daughter walk into the house.

“Daddy? Is that actually you?” Abigail questioned as she saw her father looking rather comfortable with her mother.

“Yes my dear Abigail, it is.” Jack replied with a mischievous sound in his voice. “Before you say anything, your mother and I have something we need to tell you.”

Jennifer was the first to begin. “Abigail sweetie. Your dad and I… Well… We..”

Jack realized how Jennifer was having a hard time so he began to offer his help. “What your mother is trying to say is that we have decided to give ‘us’ another try. I love your mother very much and she loves me.”

“Yes and we both love you very much.” Jennifer said as she cut Jack off.

The excitement in Abigail’s eyes grew with each word her parents said. “Really? We are going to be a family again?”

"Yes, for now and forever." Jack and Jennifer both said in unison, just before they leaned in for a kiss; A kiss which would not be their last.

The End

February 20th, 2005, 6:10 pm #8

The Proper Proposal

A Shawn and Belle Fanfic.

February 20th, 2005, 6:11 pm #9

Prologue - Epilogue

Prologue

The lights were down low, the candles were lit, and the music played softly in the background. Tonight was the night, and everything was perfect.

Tonight, he would give her the proposal she had always dreamed of. They were happy once. But everything fell apart, and they ended up apart…

Everything was just like he wanted it to be. He put care into every detail, so that tonight, she would see his love in everything they experienced. But would she come? Would she face the man who had caused her so much pain in the last year?

Chapter 1

With tear stained eyes, she read the note over again.

My Dearest Isabella,

Words cannot express how truly sorry I am for the way I have treated you. You, my dear, are my one true love, and I realize now that I need you more than anything.

Tonight, let me show you that we belong together, let me show you that my love for you is eternal.

If there is room in your heart for a bad boy like me, join me at our special place.

Always,

Shawn Douglas

“Why now? Why tonight?” Belle asked herself as she stared at the words of her love.

It had been a year since Shawn had returned to Salem. The day Belle heard that Shawn was back, she ran to find him. She actually believed that everything would be the same as before. When she finally found him, she wished she were dead. Shawn was not himself; he was rude, hurtful… Shawn said he never wanted to be with her again, and that his love for her ended months ago.

The pain that shot through her body at that moment was the same pain she felt when she thought she had lost Shawn once before. But there was one difference. After their first breakup, they were able to grow close again; they were able to love again. But this time, Shawn never came back, his love never returned.

Eventually, she learned to live on her own. Her family and friends were all there for her, helping her to live without Shawn. She never dated anyone again, but she knew she could live without him.

It had been two months since Shawn returned to Salem. In those two months, Shawn kept to himself, only leaving the house when he had to. Shawn had moved out of the apartment, and back in with his parents.

Everything had changed in that year, or so Belle thought. She thought she was over Shawn. She thought that Shawn was her past. But after reading his words, all her feelings for him came rushing back. She had learned to live without Shawn, but now, more than ever, she wanted him in her life.

Chapter 2

She had no idea if she was making the right decision or not. If meeting Shawn tonight would mean this chapter in her life was finally over, she would do it. But what if it didn’t mean that. What if meant that she and Shawn could love again. The possibility ran through her mind constantly. She thought she was over Shawn, but maybe she was just fooling herself.

“Shawn, it’s Belle…again. I really wish you would answer your phone. We need to talk. When you left, I died inside Shawn. Ever since, I have been dead without you. I miss you. I would do anything to take away the pain you are feeling, but I can’t. I made a mistake, and I can’t undo it. I love you Shawn.”

She remembered that phone call and the pain it caused when he never called her back. One week later, she made one last phone call.

“Shawn, it’s me – Belle. I wish there was a way to make things up to you, but obviously… there isn’t.

When, or if you ever want me back, you just let me know. If there will ever be room for me in your heart, please let me know.

I’m going to walk away, and it is up to you to let me know how far to walk. Just remember Shawn… I will always love you.”

That is just what Belle did. She mentally walked away from Shawn’s love. She learned to live without him. But tonight, she had no idea if she could really walk away from the love they shared; if she could walk away from Shawn.

Belle looked in the mirror one last time, before grabbing her keys and leaving. And as she walked out, this song played softly in the background:
There's a boat, I could sail away
There's the sky, I could catch a plane
There's a train, there's the tracks
I could leave and I could choose to not come back
Oh never come back

There you are, giving up the fight
Here I am begging you to try
Talk to me, let me in
But you just put your wall back up again
Oh when's it gonna end

How far do I have to go to make you understand
I wanna make this work so much it hurts, but I just can't
Keep on giving, go on living with the way things are
So I'm gonna walk away
And it's up to you to say how far

There's a chance I could change my mind
But I won't, not till you decide
What you want, what you need
Do you even care if I stay or leave
Oh, what's it gonna be

So I'm gonna walk away

Out of this chair, or just across the room
Halfway down the block or halfway to the moon

So I'm gonna walk away
And it's up to you to say
Yeah I'm gonna walk away

Song Credit: Martina McBride, “How Far”

Chapter 3

It was getting late. Maybe she would come, maybe she wouldn’t. Shawn had no idea. He just knew that he loved her, and would be crushed if she didn’t come.

“Ugh damn… Another voice message. If this is from Belle, I’m gonna go crazy. I miss her, but we can’t be together. We just can’t.”

‘You have one unheard message’

“Shawn, it’s me – Belle. I wish there was a way to make things up to you, but obviously… there isn’t. When, or if you ever want me back, you just let me know. If there will ever be room for me in your heart, please let me know. I’m going to walk away, and it is up to you to let me know how far to walk. Just remember Shawn… I will always love you.”

Two months ago, Shawn left Salem, his home, his family, his friends, and his Isabella. Two months ago, he arrived here, in this small southern town.

He heard the pain in her voice. He didn’t want her to be suffering, but they just couldn’t be together.

He stood there, looking around at their special place. His fingers trailed the letters carved into the door. John and Isabella, Bo and Hope, Patch and Kayla… All these great loves withstood the test of time, and came out victorious. Shawn and Belle should have withstood their tests, but they ended up apart. Hopefully, tonight, they would be together, finally.

“Shawn,” Belle said as she finally saw him. “I’m here. I don’t know why, but I came.”

He could see the confusion in her eyes. She could see the pain in his eyes. They knew what the other was feeling, and they each felt the other’s pain.

Extending his hand towards Belle’s, he began. “I’m glad you came Isabella. I was afraid you wouldn’t. Will you sit down and eat with me?”

She looked at his hand, back at him, and at his hand again. Hesitantly, she reached her hand towards his. The warmth of his skin against her cold fingers felt amazing. They seem to fit together, like they were meant to be.

Sitting down at the table, across from Shawn, Belle’s heart skipped a beat. She loved this man, with every ounce of her being, but she did not know if she could do this again.

“I almost didn’t come, Shawn. Why did you ask me here tonight?”

He knew this would be hard for her. He saw the pain, the confusion, and hoped to clear everything up.

“I am happy you came. There are so many things I want to tell you, but let’s enjoy the evening first. Okay?”

As Belle looked around, she saw the candles, she heard the music, and she saw how much work Shawn had done to make this night special. It reminded her of one the last time they ate dinner here.

“Shawn, it’s gorgeous. But you didn’t have to put this much effort into tonight. It is special enough just having you here.”

He had outdone himself this time. There were candles everywhere, the music was perfect, and there was a Chinese dinner waiting to be eaten. .

“Nothing is to special for my perfect girl. I’d move heaven and earth to make you happy.”

“He made me happy alright… Dumped me a week later. Why am I here?” Belle thought to herself. That night had been perfect, or so she thought.

“Shawn, tell me we’ll always be together. I don’t know what I would do if I ever lost you.”

"Nothing will ever tear us apart, baby. I love you, Isabella, and always will.

“I love you too, Shawn.”

Shawn lied; something tore them apart and it tore Belle apart just thinking about it. She never understood why he left time, why he left her.

Chapter 4

“Shawn, really. What’s going on?” She had to know. Did he really still love her?

He stood, ignoring her previous question. Reaching his hand out to hers, he spoke. “Dance with me, Isabella. We always fit perfectly on the dance floor.”

God how she loved this man. She could never say no to him, to his love. She reached out her hand, holding onto Shawn’s like her life depended on it.

I wont talk
I wont breathe
I wont move till you finally see
That you belong with me

You might think I don't look
But deep inside
In the corner of my mind
I'm attached to you
I'm weak
Its true
Cuz I'm afraid to know the answers
Do you want me too?
Cuz my heart keeps falling faster

It was there song. The song they always danced to. The song their love was built around. Dancing to it seemed so natural, even if it had been a year.

I've waited all my life
To cross this line
To the only thing that's true
So I will not hide
Its time to try
Anything to be with you
All my life I've waiting
This is true

She loved the way she felt when she was in his arms. He held her tighter than ever tonight. He didn’t want her to go, not again.

You don't know what you do
Everytime you walk into the room
I'm afraid to move
I'm weak
Its true
I'm just scared to know the ending
Do you see me too?
Do you even know u met me?

“Shawn,” Belle hesitated, but continued. “When you left, I was heart broken. I tried to call you, to reach you, but you never called back. Since then, I’ve moved on, learned to live without your love. Why are you doing this now?”

I've waited all my life to cross this line
So I will not hide
Its time to try anything to be with you
All my life I've waited

“Because I love you, Isabella, with all my heart.”

This is true

I know when I go ill be on my way to you
The way that's true

“If you loved me, you wouldn’t have left me all alone. You wouldn’t have given up on our love.”

I've waited all my life to cross this line
So I will not hide
Its time to try anything to be with you
All my life I've waited

This is true

As the song ended, the two separated, and walked back to the table for two.

“Isabella, there are so many things I want to tell you. I just…”

She looked into his eyes, and knew something was wrong. “You just what, Shawn? You can’t tell me?”

“I don’t know where to start. I’ve hurt you so bad…”

She couldn’t hear it. He had no idea how bad he had hurt her when he ran out like he did. She hoped he would never feel the pain he caused her. “You have no idea how bad you hurt me Shawn.”

“Isabella, please. Let me finish.” With a slight nod from Belle, he continued.

“I left because I was scared. I don’t know what I was scared of, but I was scared. So I ran. I ran as fast as I could, and I hurt you, and our love. When I came back to town, it was because of my brother. I couldn’t let him grow up not knowing me, his older brother. When I saw you for the first time, my heart broke. When I finally realized I couldn’t live another day with out you, I started planning tonight.”

Belle couldn’t believe what she was hearing. He loved her, always had, and always will. But could she take him back, after everything they had been through?

“And so Isabella, I’m asking you… will you take me back?”

She loved him, she really did. But at that moment, all she could do was run.

Song Credit: Ryan Cabrera – True

Chapter 5

She ran as fast as her feet would carry her. She had to get away, to think about what Shawn had told her.

"And so, Isabella, I am asking you... will you take me back?"

After this past year, Shawn wanted to forget about everything, to go back to the way things were.

She kept running, running from Shawn, running from the pain. She ran until she couldn’t run anymore. She stood hunched over, her hands bracing her on her legs. Her breathing was hard and fast, as she looked up.

‘Home of Alice Horton’

She ran till she couldn’t run anymore, and she ran to Alice’s home. She always loved and respected Alice, and she knew that she could talk to her about anything.

Five minutes later, she was sitting in Alice’s kitchen, enjoying her famous donuts and a glass of milk.

“It’s just that he put me through so much. You saw how hurt I was when Shawn left, and then I finally learned I didn’t need him to be happy. But then…”

Pulling Belle into a hug, Alice began to speak in a gentle, soothing voice. “But what, darling?”

Wiping the lone tear from her face, Belle continued. “But then tonight, I looked into his eyes, and I saw my future. We danced, and we fit perfectly together. We have gotten through so much together. After so many years of dancing around each other, we finally started dating. We fought the odds in Puerto Rico when we were in high school, then we got past the lie of Shawn being the father of Jan’s baby, and so much more. And then he ran off on me, on our love.”

Belle couldn’t hold the tears in any longer. She loved this man, but he had hurt her so many times. She sat there, letting Alice comfort her. Alice sat there, letting Belle cry and speak her mind, all the time, just holding her and loving her.

“Belle sweetie… My grandson loves you with all his heart. He left because he was scared. But he realized something while he was gone.”

Leaning up to look Alice in the eyes, Belle asked, “What did he learn Ms. Horton?”

Reaching up to wipe away the tears, Alice continued. “He learned that he could not possibly live his life without you. He realized how much he missed you, and how much he loves you. Now you need to go back there, and tell him that you really do want to be with him. Let him know how you feel, and if you want to be with him, be with him. If not, then he will have to accept it. Just follow your heart, dear. And remember, no matter what you decide, I love you.”

Belle realized why she always respected Ms. Horton. Her wisdom surpassed any other, and her love was eternal. “Thank you, Ms. Horton. You always know what to say. You have really helped me, and it really means a lot.”

With that, Belle left the Horton home to go search for the love of her life.

Chapter 6

She opened to door quietly, hoping Shawn wouldn’t hear her. He didn’t hear the door open, and he didn’t hear her walk up to him.

He was sitting there, holding onto a picture of the two of them.

She stood there, watching him, for a long time. Tears began to roll down her face as she finally walked over to Shawn.

As she laid her hand on his back, she spoke. “Shawn…. I’m, I’m sorry for leaving earlier.”

The touch of her hand on his back made his heart melt. He turned around, and all he could see was Belle. I heard the words she said, but they didn’t make any sense.

“Baby, don’t be sorry. I left a long time ago. It is my fault.”

The two fell into each other, not caring about anything that had happened. They loved each other and needed to be with each other.

An hour later, they were sitting there, eating the dinner Shawn had prepared for them. They hadn’t said much since Belle came back, but each knew that it would be all right.

Finally, Shawn said something, breaking the silence. “I stood there, watching you leave, and I couldn’t follow you. I thought that was your answer, running just as I ran. Where did you go?”

Her answer was simple: “Great Gran’s house.”

He loved how she always referred to his family as hers. Tonight, it was even more special, because it meant she still loved him.

“You went to see my Great Gran? Why?” Shawn asked in confusion.

She laughed, because she knew she hadn’t gone there on purpose. “When I left here, I didn’t have any plans to go anywhere. I just ran, until I couldn’t go any more. And when I stopped, I was at her house.”

“What did she say to make you come back?”

“She listened. She said you loved me, and always would. She helped me realize, more than anything, that I needed you in my life, because I love you.”

The two ate the rest of their dinner in silence. Afterward, they left for Belle’s apartment, where they could finish talking.

“Why Shawn? Why did you leave me?” Belle questioned.

He took her hand, and led her to the couch. They sat there, looking into each other’s eyes, feeling the other’s pain.

“That night that we ate together, you remember that night, don’t you?”

She sat there, remembering the night like it was yesterday. The most vivid memory was what he said to her before he left.

“Shawn, tell me we’ll always be together. I don’t know what I would do if I ever lost you.”

“Nothing will ever tear us about, baby. I love you, Isabella, and always will.”

“I love you too, Shawn.”

“Shawn, you said nothing would ever tear us apart. You said you loved me. Why did you lie to me?”

His hands moved from her hand to her face. “I never lied to you, Belle. I loved you, and I still do. I went home that night, and I couldn’t sleep. I was thinking about us, and how I never wanted anything to hurt you. Then I thought about everyone in our life, and how they had been torn apart. My mom and dad were torn apart by Stephano, and so were your parents. Jack and Jennifer were torn apart too. And I didn’t want that to happen to us.”

“But Shawn, nothing was in our way. We were happy. Stephano is dead, and no one wanted to keep us apart. So really, you left for no reason. How could you?” She stood, and walked over to the window. Outside, she saw couples, walking hand in hand. That is how it was supposed to be with her and Shawn all this time.

He stayed seated, but he no longer looked at her. Instead, he looked down at the floor.

“Then I thought about my great gran and my grandpa Tom. They loved each other and no one came between them. The only thing that came between them was death. What if something happened to you? I would have died inside. I would have rather not been with you, but know you were safe, than be with you, and have you taken away from me. I was scared, Belle. It wasn’t that I didn’t love you. Do you understand why I left?”

She stood there, still looking out the window, for a long time before saying anything. “I do. It just hurt when you weren’t with me. I thought I had done something, Shawn. I didn’t want to be the reason you left. I didn’t want you to be upset or be in pain because of something I did.”

The two walked towards each other, and embraced in a hug that lasted for an eternity, or so it felt like that. When the two separated, no words were spoken. Instead, their lips slowly met, sharing the kiss they had been waiting for.

Epilogue

This was the day she would marry the love of her life. It had been three years since they reunited, and in those three years, their relationship had flourished more than ever.

Her nerves were working over time as she paced back in forth in the bride’s room. In an hour, she would be saying “I Do” to Shawn.

“Meems, I don’t know if I can wait another hour.” Belle said as she continued pacing. “We need to do this now.”

“Belle, sweetie. Let’s sit down. If you keep walking, you’ll be to tired to walk down the aisle. And I know you don’t want that…do you?”

“No, I guess you’re right.”

As, Belle and Mimi sat down on the couch, both girls began to cry.

“I can’t believe you’re finally getting married, Belle. You and Shawn deserve all the happiness you can get. I’m so glad you wanted me to share today with you.”

A smile came to Belle’s face as she listened to Mimi. “Mimi, you are my best friend, and I wouldn’t want anyone else here with me. I love you, Meems.”

“I love you too, Belle.”

The two embraced, years of friendship and love rolled into one moment. They had been friends for years, nothing coming in between them.

“It doesn’t seem like it has been a year since Shawn proposed to me. It seems just like yesterday…”

The two sat in the bed of the truck, looking at the stars.

“Shawn, thank you for tonight. It has been perfect.”

They spent the first part of the night eating dinner at Tuscany, and afterwards, Shawn drove Belle up to Lookout Point. They spent the rest of the night dancing to their favorite songs under the stars.

“Nothing is to special for my Perfect Girl. I love you, Isabella.”

The next song began softly, the melody slowly and quietly drifted into the evening air.

“May I have this dance, Ms. Black?” Shawn asked as he stood from his sitting position.

She reached out her hand, silently asking for help. “Yes, Mr. Brady. You may have this dance.”

The strands in your eyes...
That color them wonderful.
Stop me...and steal my breath.
Emeralds from mountains...
Thrust towards the sky.
Never revealing their depth.
Tell me...that we belong together.
Dress it up with the trappings of love.

“Belle, when we were growing up, I never knew I would fall so much in love with you. I never knew that I would need you in my life so much. And now that I have you, I never want to let you go.”

I’ll be...captivated.
I’ll hang from your lips.
Instead of the gallows of heartache...
that hang from above.
I’ll be...your cryin shoulder.
I’ll be...love suicide.
I’ll be...better when I’m older.
I’ll be...the greatest fan of your life.

“Three years ago, I thought I would never get you back. I was a jerk, and you took me back. Our love survived that, and I know that it can survive anything.”

Rain falls...angry on the tin roof.
As we lie awake in my bed.
You’re my survival,
You’re my living proof.
My love is alive and not dead.
Tell me that we belong together.
Dress it up with the trappings of love.

“I never want to be away from you again. I want you in my life from now on. I love you, Isabella Black. You know that, don’t you?”

I’ll be...captivated.
I’ll hang from your lips.
Instead of the gallows of heartache...
Then hangs from above.
I’ll be...love suicide.

“Oh Shawn… I love you too. I never want to be without you, either. Promise me we will always be together.”

I’ve dropped out…burned up.
Fought my way back from the dead.
Tuned in....turned on.
Remembered the thing you said.

I’ll be...love suicide.

The song ended, but the two did not separate. “I promise, Belle.”

Gradually, the gap between the two decreased, and they shared a passionate kiss. As the kiss ended, Shawn backed away from Belle, and slowly bent down on one knee.

“Isabella Black, will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?”

“And the rest was history, Meems… It was one of the most romantic nights of my life. He said that it was the proper proposal for his ‘Perfect Girl’. I just can’t believe one year has gone by.”

45 Minutes Later

The two were reminiscing when they heard a knock on the door. In unison, they both spoke. “Come in.”

One at a time, family entered the room, Marlena, Hope, Jennifer, all women who meant the world to Belle.

One look at her mother, and tears began to fall, and she ran into her mother’s arms. “Oh Momma…”

Everyone saw the love the two shared. Marlena and Belle always had a wonderful relationship, but in the past year, their relationship flourished. Marlena had been so involved in planning the wedding, as was Hope, Jennifer, and Mimi. The five women planned the wedding down to the littlest details.

She looked into her daughter’s eyes, and saw the joy that filled them. She knew Belle was happier than ever, happy because of Shawn.

The women stayed only a little while, as it was time to begin the wedding.

Marlena, Hope, and Jennifer all took their seats at the front of the church as Belle and Mimi prepared to walk down the aisle. Then, the moment Belle had waited for happened, the music had begun.

“It’s time, Meems.” Belle said with anticipation in her voice.

The two embraced quickly, before Mimi headed down the aisle.

As she walked toward the entrance, she saw her father waiting for her.

“This is it, Izzy. I’m so proud of you. Are you ready?” John asked as he extended his arm toward her.

A simple nod was her answer. Belle interlocked her arm with her fathers as they heard the wedding march.

Their eyes locked instantly, and neither looked away till they were standing side by side. Belle was the first to look away, as she looked into her father’s eyes.

“Who gives this woman away?” the priest asked.

“I do,” John answered. He looked at his baby girl, and smiled.

“Thank you, Daddy.” Belle said, as she squeezed her father one last time.

John looked at Shawn, and spoke. “You take care of her, son.”

A simple nod was all that was needed. Shawn would take care of Belle with everything he had.

Minutes later, the priest spoke. “The couple has prepared their own vows, and they will present them now. Shawn…”

He took a deep breath as he began. “Belle, I’ve waited all my life for this moment. I’ve made some stupid mistakes in the past, but you’ve always overlooked the mistakes in the end. You’ve been my best friend all my life, my girlfriend for years now, and now I want to make you my wife for eternity. I love you, Isabella.”

“Shawn… Our love has been tested time and time again. But we have been able to make it here, to this place. I have dreamed about this day all my life, but none of my dreams compare to this. I thought I knew what love was, but until now, I never really knew. I have thought about you all day, and have fallen more in love with you than I thought was possible. I want to spend the rest of my life falling more in love with you each and every day. I love you, Shawn Douglas.”

Seconds later, the priest spoke, “I now present to you, Mr. And Mrs. Shawn Douglas Brady.”

The End

June 24th, 2005, 2:25 am #10

Anxious Arrival

A multi-character fanfic.

Editor’s Note

This is my rendition of the reunion scenes and the events that followed. These characters do not belong to me, but to Days of Our Lives.

In my story, Belle and Phillip never had a relationship in anyway besides friendship. Also, there were no unexpected guests on the island: ie Patrick, Hope, Bo, John, etc. In addition, Jennifer also did not travel to the island.

Also, Jan is not blackmailing Mimi for anything because Mimi is not pregnant.