AfterElton talks to Galen Gering and Ali Sweeney

January 11th, 2012, 4:42 am #1

TCA Recap/NBC: Happy Brad Goreski, Chandler Massey's TV Parents and the A**hole on "Smash"

While Days Of Our Lives star Chandler Massey wasn't present at the NBC party, his on-screen stepfather, Galen Gering, was and he couldn't be more happy with Will's coming out story and Masseys work with it. The ever-sexy and charming Gering said, "I think it's great that the show is dealing obviously with an issue that people struggle with, coming out of the closet, dealing with your sexuality...[the story] not only entertains people but it also can help someone out who is struggling and going down that same road. So, it is entertainment and I think Chandler is doing a wonderful job."

Gering also is hopeful the E! reality show Dirty Soap will get a second season and says the network should be making an announcement any day.

Regular fans of Days will not be surprised when Alison Sweeney predicted Will's mother, Sami, will make it all about her and take the news poorly. "When they first approached the storyline and they told me about it I thought that I don't mind if [Sami is] wrong...she's flawed [and] that's why I have to say to myself 'I want my kid to have the easiest life possible. You fight hard to provide your child with every advantage and it's no question that it's a tough road to be gay and people do judge you for it and you wouldn't want your kid to have that and be judged that way. You want your kid to have everything...so I don't mind playing Sami's struggles. Sami is a narcissist, dare I say. When she finds out she'll think it's her fault." Sweeney agreed that it's helped that the story is not solely about Will's struggle coming out but the fact that he caught Sami sleeping with her ex-husband EJ (James Scott). I like that that's what drove them apart...if it hadn't been for that maybe he would've told her right away. We'll never know. Maybe it would've been an easier road for him if she hadn't done that or he hadn't seen that...what if one moment in time were different?"

http://www.afterelton.com/tv/2012/01/tc ... -joan-more
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/8631467/1/

January 11th, 2012, 2:18 pm #2

I can see

Sami getting all upset and making this about her ... isn't that typical Sami?

Should be interesting to see how this plays out - are they going to have Lucas supportive and Sami in denial?

Banner by bubbles303.

Banner by Sapphires.

January 11th, 2012, 10:09 pm #3

I think...

Lucas will be supportive and Sami will believe she "turned" Will into being gay by her
years of shenanigans. Once she finds out he knows about her and E.J. that will really convince her it is her fault. Once again, it's all about Sami.

BTW: I don't like where they are going with Carrie and Rafe.

January 12th, 2012, 12:47 am #4

I don't want

either character to commit adultery - I do believe Sami and Rafe are over because of Sami's adultery ... what Austin is going to do with Abigail is a wildcard here - I hope, really hope, that he does not get romantically involved with her.

If Carrie and Rafe weren't married to others I think I would like them together.

Banner by bubbles303.

Banner by Sapphires.