Accompanists in Milwaukee

Accompanists in Milwaukee

August 6th, 2004, 6:46 pm #1

Does anyone know of or are currently working with a pianist in the Milwaukee area? I have the opportunity to make a recording but I am in need of a pianist.
Thanks for your help!

August 6th, 2004, 8:42 pm #2

Jamie Johns from the skylight Opera is great. Tony Bellomy from the ballet is great. Otherwise, look up Dr. Bill Lavonis at UWM (head of voice) and ask his suggestions! Good luck! Tell them scott sent you.

August 9th, 2004, 4:03 pm #3

Does anyone know of or are currently working with a pianist in the Milwaukee area? I have the opportunity to make a recording but I am in need of a pianist.
Thanks for your help!
Jamie is fabulous - but is in and out of town this month, then starts up again with the Skylight at the end of the month. Tony is NYC, but will be back this fall. Another possibility is Richard Carsey at the Skylight - he is wonderful as well. Someone else that pops to mind is Diane Kachelmeir (?) - you can locate her through the Milwaukee Symphony.

Good Luck.

August 9th, 2004, 6:40 pm #4

Thanks for your help!
Thanks for the suggestions. I have a couple of leads too now. I have tried to get in touch with Richard Carsey-but that has not too successfull. As I am in and out of this city, it is nice to have some options for the future.
Thanks again!

August 9th, 2004, 7:53 pm #5

Jamie is fabulous - but is in and out of town this month, then starts up again with the Skylight at the end of the month. Tony is NYC, but will be back this fall. Another possibility is Richard Carsey at the Skylight - he is wonderful as well. Someone else that pops to mind is Diane Kachelmeir (?) - you can locate her through the Milwaukee Symphony.

Good Luck.
Diane Kachelmeier is a wonderful pianist and coach...great set of ears and doesn't try to be a voice teacher. When I lived in Milwaukee, I loved working with her.