AJ

May 15th, 2012, 11:48 pm #1

A) they don't detect a surge, or
B) they detect a false surge due to high LH

I'm just curious. Thx!!

Erin
Erin

May 15th, 2012, 11:57 pm #2

Like 5+ days of pos OPKs in a row. Turns out I surge at an LH of around 100 (!) so it had to gear up for a while!

May 16th, 2012, 1:23 am #3

I'm just curious. Thx!!
they didn't work until I figured out that I was doing them at the wrong time of day--for me.

My surge shows up mid morning (actually with second pee of the day, first one being too watery--I was really well hydrated in those days) and would disappear by the 2pm time that the opk suggests you start testing. I bought the cheapest ones from saveontests.com and did one every time I peed, THAT is how I figured out when to do them. Until then, I went months and months and months thinking that my RE was right, I just don't ovulate even though I was really regular with AF.

huh. REs. sometimes they are way too arrogant.

jm

Laura
Laura

May 16th, 2012, 3:20 am #4

I'm just curious. Thx!!
For the most part my LH was just elevated all the time. I would get surges during AF, again on time, and again a couple of days after the previous surge. I stopped using them and got pg the first cycle without them, but mced, and then used them the past two cycles after my mc. But I found my body was a much better predictor of o with pain, cm changes and desire to bd. I also charted bbt recently, but before I mced it didn't work either.

Julie
Julie

May 16th, 2012, 12:53 pm #5

I'm just curious. Thx!!
It was hard for me to interpret if the second line is darker than the first. I have used first response, clear blue, answers etc. Sometimes I use two kits to monitor and one showed that it was the peak day but the other told me otherwise. I was confused. Then I changed to clearblue fertility monitor. I also monitor BBT to make sure ovulation does take place.

Antonialisa
Antonialisa

May 16th, 2012, 3:40 pm #6

I'm just curious. Thx!!
I had a really weak surge and would not always ovulate properly (I had LUFS). Basically, the line would fade in then fade out but never reach a positive. Once I started having better cycles under Dr. Che.ck, my surge would be a lot stronger on the OPK