WOW! Dr. Check dropped my FSH from 46 to 12 IN 5 DAYS!

WOW! Dr. Check dropped my FSH from 46 to 12 IN 5 DAYS!

Sara H.
Sara H.

May 10th, 2011, 12:02 am #1

Yes, 34 points in 5 day! WHAT???

I'm a 12 mid cycle! WOO HOO!
(I say 'mid' but it's been such an odd cycle who really knows?)

And my estrogen shot up! (Which, is not as surprising since I have been taking estrogen... but still!)

Now he wants me to do blood work and an ultrasound on Weds. to see what it going on in there. The nurse said from the numbers that I might be ovulating?

I can't have made a follicle in 5 days that is any good, right?

It is horrible timing to go right now but, since we are just trying to get this started I guess it's off to S. New Jersey we go... again!

CM has been much better in the last 24 hours but BD is out of the question for at least two days... I just can't imagine that right now! OUCH!

But still, 34 points!

May 10th, 2011, 12:54 am #2

Doesn't FSH rise midcycle? wow! thats amazing!

gisg

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

May 10th, 2011, 1:04 am #3

And my estrogen shot up! (Which, is not as surprising since I have been taking estrogen... but still!)

Now he wants me to do blood work and an ultrasound on Weds. to see what it going on in there. The nurse said from the numbers that I might be ovulating?

It is horrible timing to go right now but, since we are just trying to get this started I guess it's off to S. New Jersey we go... again!

CM has been much better in the last 24 hours but BD is out of the question for at least two days... I just can't imagine that right now! OUCH!

But still, 34 points!

The Wednesday u/s will give you much better idea of what's growing but at least you seem to be having a positive experience so far. I know you mentioned in one post about being on some fancy estrogen. Is that estinyl you were talking about or something else?

The timing may not feel ideal but I think it's better to try and get a head start on all of this sooner rather than later. As we talked about, the process can be long so best to just hit the pavement running, or in this case, hit that turnpike at full speed! (well at least until you get to exit 6 )

May 10th, 2011, 2:13 am #4

But still, 34 points!

Wish there was a "like" button like on facebook!

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 10th, 2011, 5:11 am #5

But still, 34 points!

Sounds great Sara but do be careful with the estinyl protocol. It is true that it will lower your FSH in a matter of days, mine always dropped like a rock, but it can also have the reverse effect once you go off it in that it can sometimes make your FSH go sky high, sometimes even double or triple what it was originally. I know I sound like a party-pooper and everyone is different but I really wish someone had warned me about this when I started taking it. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you that it works right away but, if it doesn't, I really advise you to be careful and not let them keep you on it for too long - particularly if you find that your cycle stalls.

Sara H.
Sara H.

May 10th, 2011, 1:33 pm #6

Are you a Check chic? Was it his compounded stuff from Success?

Thank you for a the warning, it is very good to note and I will keep it in mind. For us, this is the last stop on the train, so after this if my FHS goes though the roof it will effect me, personally, but won't 'matter' as far as our plans for parenthood. From here our next stop is the foster care system... and they don't check FSH!

I will also be bummed since I think the estrogen has taken about 3 years off my face and I feel much better with no hot flashes. I don't look forward to going back to those...

Again, thank you for the warning!

Sara H.

Tanya
Tanya

May 10th, 2011, 3:08 pm #7

But still, 34 points!

For me, Estyinl has been the wonder drug although I will admit last month Cooper had a hard time bringing down my FSH. It took some tweaking but it eventually came down.
I hear you about not missing the sweats!!!!

I'm glad it is working for you Sara. Good Luck!