Would you take Promera?

Would you take Promera?

September 25th, 2012, 6:26 pm #1

Hi all,

A nurse at Coo.per recommended I start Promera to force my period. I am 40, POF, and tried IVF #1 last month w/no success. I'm on Day 31, no sign of ovulation. My E2 levels remain at 11. This happened to me 6 months ago as well, and I eventually ovulated on my own (on Day 46). I know intermittent cycles are part of POF, and time is not on my side. I'd like to get my body to do something, but should I wait for it to happen naturally? Does Promera have negative side effects, and could it negatively affect my IVF chances for the next cycle?
Any thoughts/experience appreciated!

lucy999
lucy999

September 25th, 2012, 6:33 pm #2

I heard it works for some people.

September 25th, 2012, 6:55 pm #3

Yes, Provera! (typo)

September 25th, 2012, 7:15 pm #4

Hi all,

A nurse at Coo.per recommended I start Promera to force my period. I am 40, POF, and tried IVF #1 last month w/no success. I'm on Day 31, no sign of ovulation. My E2 levels remain at 11. This happened to me 6 months ago as well, and I eventually ovulated on my own (on Day 46). I know intermittent cycles are part of POF, and time is not on my side. I'd like to get my body to do something, but should I wait for it to happen naturally? Does Promera have negative side effects, and could it negatively affect my IVF chances for the next cycle?
Any thoughts/experience appreciated!
I did with both IVF's. It starts the cycle usually.
Me- 30
Day 3- FSH 10.4, E2 42; Day 10- 16.6; Possible endo, slight anti sperm antibodies
DH- 30, low Morph
TTC 23 Cycles
2 Cycles on Clomid- BFN
3 Cycles on Femara & IUI- BFN
Now- Natural plus antioxidants, Acu/Herbs till IVF when we're ready emotionally