Wishing you good luck Houston!

Wishing you good luck Houston!

Erin
Erin

May 31st, 2012, 12:04 am #1

I'm thinking you might be going to ER around now? Thinking of you and keeping fingers crossed for good news! (You don't have to share the news- just hoping it's good... ).

Laura
Laura

May 31st, 2012, 3:24 am #2

Yes, GL! nt.

Sara Q
Sara Q

May 31st, 2012, 4:18 am #3

I'm thinking you might be going to ER around now? Thinking of you and keeping fingers crossed for good news! (You don't have to share the news- just hoping it's good... ).
Thinking of you as well! n/t

Houston
Houston

May 31st, 2012, 11:16 am #4

Thanks for thinking of me. Retrieval is tomorrow. I'm super nervous about the fertilization report given my past problems with fertilization. I'm in the preop class and just read the section on fertilization and I'm starting to worry.

Erin
Erin

May 31st, 2012, 12:46 pm #5

Mine was MUCH better at C.ornell than anywhere else. My history: of 5 mature eggs total at Brig.ham and C.CRM, only 2 fertilized. Of 7 total mature eggs at C.ornell, all 7 fertilized. I made sure to ask that they were all ICSI'd- I think with fewer eggs they will likely ICSI anyways, but just in case I felt more comfortable saying I wanted them all ICSI'd no matter what. All that to say, I would try not to focus on that as one of your worries.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and hoping things go GREAT! GOOD LUCK!!!

Nancy
Nancy

May 31st, 2012, 10:13 pm #6

Thanks for thinking of me. Retrieval is tomorrow. I'm super nervous about the fertilization report given my past problems with fertilization. I'm in the preop class and just read the section on fertilization and I'm starting to worry.
I wish you the best of luck tomorrow. I will be thinking of you tomorrow!

Nancy

TERESA
TERESA

June 1st, 2012, 12:36 pm #7

THINKING OF YOU TODAY, IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN NYC, GOOD SIGN. I HOPE EVERYTHING GOES PERFECT FOR YOU. YOU'RE IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS!
TERESA

June 1st, 2012, 1:14 pm #8

Hope that everything goes well today! n/t

Houston
Houston

June 1st, 2012, 3:03 pm #9

Thanks everyone. It did not go well. The nurse said only 3 eggs were retrieved. I just don't understand this. What happened to all the other ones? I'm really upset about this. The ones retrieved could be the immature ones or the one that was probably going to be over mature. I had many follicles and they were expecting 4/5 mature. The nurse could not answer a single question. She said I could have had empty follicles. I have never had this problem before. She was just guessing and the doc that did the retrieval wasn't available.

Erin
Erin

June 1st, 2012, 5:17 pm #10

Houston- I'm so sorry that the ER did not go as you hoped. I know how totally devastating that can be and I'm really sorry you're going through that. However... I know that feeling of disappointment very well b/c it is exactly what happened to me with my last cycle. I thought I had more follicles and ended up with 3 eggs. I actually grabbed the doctor who did the ER while I was still in recovery and asked what happened and she was not helpful (she was the one doc that I disliked there- it was unfortunate she was the doc for my ER day). In any case, in recovery I think I was quoted as saying "I can't do this anymore. This is hell. We should just go home and give up." The next day, we got the call that the 3 were mature (the doc had said she thought only 1 would be) and all 3 matured. In 3 days, I transferred a 8-cell and a 7-cell and here I am. Every cycle is different, but just wanted to say that I got to a very good place from an otherwise disappointing cycle and "only 3 eggs." There is hope and I will keep sending good thoughts for you. Thinking of you!