when is it time for HPT after IUI

when is it time for HPT after IUI

anna
anna

October 13th, 2011, 4:08 pm #1

So as u know my IVF got converted to IUI. I did IUI on the 30th of last month. On 11 dpiui I got bfn on HPT. Today is 13day piui. I have little cramps here and there for the past 3 days but no AF. Should I even bother to go for beta. Nurse said I can go either tom or sat for beta. Also I have never been on PIO. Does AF come on PIO? My cycles r usually very short and just the fact that AF hasn't arrived gave me a lots of hope and I have already planned the whole 9 month of pg in my head and I know I am so stupid for doing that but I just can't help it. If I get bfn tomorrow should I go for beta? I really don't want to pay for it.

Sara H
Sara H

October 13th, 2011, 5:03 pm #2

so first some facts:

POI can postpone your AF.
Sometimes it takes a while for a home test to show positive.
Best to do a beta so that you know and can go off the POI and start your next cycle if it's negative.
If its a negative it's still very good that the POI is helping lengthen your time after ovulation!

So, do the beta and see where you are. I would not get your hopes up but it is good that AF has not shown up.

The only other thing you can do is stop the PIO and see if AF arrives but since you did the IUI I would not risk that, I'd just do the beta. (And, trust me, I HATE to waste money, too!)

Hugs to you and good luck!
Sara H

October 13th, 2011, 6:11 pm #3

I am so sad right now. it has been the one of thehardest time of my life in the past couple of days. I cant even work. often I just leave work and go seat outside under the sun, there is this lady who plays violin outside and she always plays the saddest music like Love story and etc. .. I just go listen to her and cry, give her a buck and come back to work. luckily my boss wasnt in for the past 2 days but he came back today. so no listening to violin for today.

Age=28
FSH=28, AOAB, endo stage 4, right overy very small, left overy covered with endo,1st IVf with 2 follicle failed abnormal egg didnt fertilize, DE speech Ugh...

jnoels
jnoels

October 13th, 2011, 6:21 pm #4

So as u know my IVF got converted to IUI. I did IUI on the 30th of last month. On 11 dpiui I got bfn on HPT. Today is 13day piui. I have little cramps here and there for the past 3 days but no AF. Should I even bother to go for beta. Nurse said I can go either tom or sat for beta. Also I have never been on PIO. Does AF come on PIO? My cycles r usually very short and just the fact that AF hasn't arrived gave me a lots of hope and I have already planned the whole 9 month of pg in my head and I know I am so stupid for doing that but I just can't help it. If I get bfn tomorrow should I go for beta? I really don't want to pay for it.
First, you're so not dumb for imagining yourself pregnant and the next 9 months. We all do that sometimes. It's ok. Second, you should definitely go in for the beta, especially if this is the first month you're on PIO. You want to take it until you know for sure you shouldn't, and getting a beta done is the best way to do that, at least this month. I know it's pain, I've been there too. But go in for your peace of mind.

Thinking of you and hoping all goes well.

October 13th, 2011, 7:18 pm #5

My AF always started on its own on day 14 after ovulation even while on progesterone. I took suppositories, not PIO though. For other women though the progesterone supplement can delay AF. Keep hopeful for now!

October 13th, 2011, 7:22 pm #6

My RE said the progesterone will not stop AF, it will eventually come on its own. It just may be several days later. So if you really don't want to pay for the BETA then just stay on the PIO for a couple extra days and take a HPT. Hopefully it will be good news!

Hadas
Hadas

October 14th, 2011, 12:34 am #7

Since you did IUI, I guess technically you may not know for sure how many DPO's you are, right? With IVF yes, but IUI not necessarily.

In your shoes, I would do the beta on Sunday or even Monday. That was you can be more certain that you've gone through enough DPO's.

Does that make sense?

I logged in just now specifically to see if there was an update from you! Keep the hope! I'm sending you positive, happy vibes!

Hadas

anna
anna

October 14th, 2011, 12:52 am #8

I am going at ask my RE if I can go on Monday. In any way I am going to outside lab to do the beta and my ins will cover it that way. At least I hope they do... I will keep u posted. Happy sukkot.

Hadas
Hadas

October 14th, 2011, 3:30 am #9

You, too! May it be a happy one for you! n/t