when estinyl does not help what do you do?

when estinyl does not help what do you do?

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 16th, 2011, 2:37 pm #1

estinyl did lower fsh but also suppressed me. Check did not have any other protocol for me. Has anyone else been in this situation?

Tanya
Tanya

March 16th, 2011, 2:53 pm #2

This is probably a silly question but did you try taking it for shorter period of time and maybe only 1/2 the dose?
I took it for 4 days prior to my IVF cycle and it worked great. This month they are having me on it for a whole week so I'm not sure how I will respond.
Good Luck!

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 16th, 2011, 3:40 pm #3

13? that is why I even had to take 2xs a day....how high is your fsh?

Tanya
Tanya

March 16th, 2011, 3:56 pm #4

22 n/t

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

March 16th, 2011, 4:06 pm #5

13? that is why I even had to take 2xs a day....how high is your fsh?
so even though you have "very high" FSH, and he's high FSH friendly, for purposes of cycling he's going to want to see it below 13.

When you say he didn't have any other protocol for you, what do you mean by that?

anon for this
anon for this

March 16th, 2011, 4:19 pm #6

estinyl did lower fsh but also suppressed me. Check did not have any other protocol for me. Has anyone else been in this situation?
yup- tried estynil for a long time (almost 2 years) and dr check said that de is the way to go...... so sad.....

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 16th, 2011, 4:52 pm #7

i asked what else can i do because estinyl did lower fsh but e2 would not rise. It seems like he has other protocol like p4 support etc he i asked him what else can help me and he said just keep trying estinyl and if e2 does not rise take provera and start again. How many months can i do this?

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

March 16th, 2011, 6:47 pm #8

Knock on his door again. Tell him you've taken time to digest but you are still unclear on what the next steps are with protocol. Ask him what's driving his thinking on this? What are your chances at success; not what is the chance of success for a woman of X age; but your chances. Tell him you don't want to be on estinyl cycle over cycle (assuming that's your stance).

SamanthaL
SamanthaL

March 16th, 2011, 7:04 pm #9

i asked what else can i do because estinyl did lower fsh but e2 would not rise. It seems like he has other protocol like p4 support etc he i asked him what else can help me and he said just keep trying estinyl and if e2 does not rise take provera and start again. How many months can i do this?
This is exactly my case. Since July 10 I have only ovulated once (unsuccessful IUI). Each cycle since it's the same thing, I take estinyl and my FSH lowers but E2 never goes above 40. I take provera and start again.
I have moved onto donor egg.

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 16th, 2011, 7:22 pm #10

samantha did check say why e2 was not rising?