Wheatgrass and coq10 question

Wheatgrass and coq10 question

February 22nd, 2012, 5:13 am #1

Hi everyone,
Probably pretty basic questions here, but these are new to me... after reading a lot about wheatgrass on this board, I decided to give it a shot and bought the powder at Whole Foods today (Amazing Grass brand). We're planning on cycling again in a month or two, so there's some time, but can I take wheatgrass during an IVF cycle or does it have to be stopped before?

What about coq10? My acu suggested it, so I bought the Nature Made brand 200mg. Probably not the best brand and probably not high enough of a dosage (acu is recommending 500mg). If anyone has info and suggestions on brands, dosage, and whether or not it's ok to use when cycling, that would be great.

Thank you!

Me & DH: 38
Married at 32 and TTC right away
2/07: IUI #1 (Clomid only) BFP (No more hb at 9 weeks; D&C)
Through rest of 2007: Multiple IUI's (Clomid or Femara): all BFN
3/08: IVF #1 FSH: 11.6 (highest ever recorded for me) MDL protocol; BFP/chemical
10/08: IVF #2: BFP! DD born 7/09
5/10: Uterine polyp removal
8/10: FET #1: BFP/Chemical
11/10: IVF #3: Retrieval only; transfer postponed due to thin lining
1/11: FET #2: BFN
3/11: FET #3: BFN
12/11: Uh oh... FSH 16

February 22nd, 2012, 5:46 am #2

I also took wheatgrass powder daily for several months. Same brand. I mixed it with carrot juice. My RE said it was harmless and wouldn't hurt anything. I don't think I took it while actually in an IVF cycle, just to be cautious. But my RE was not concerned with it.

You maybe should ask your RE if he has an opinion one way or the other.

Laura
Laura

February 22nd, 2012, 2:46 pm #3

Hi everyone,
Probably pretty basic questions here, but these are new to me... after reading a lot about wheatgrass on this board, I decided to give it a shot and bought the powder at Whole Foods today (Amazing Grass brand). We're planning on cycling again in a month or two, so there's some time, but can I take wheatgrass during an IVF cycle or does it have to be stopped before?

What about coq10? My acu suggested it, so I bought the Nature Made brand 200mg. Probably not the best brand and probably not high enough of a dosage (acu is recommending 500mg). If anyone has info and suggestions on brands, dosage, and whether or not it's ok to use when cycling, that would be great.

Thank you!

3/08: IVF #1 FSH: 11.6 (highest ever recorded for me) MDL protocol; BFP/chemical
I bought most of my supplements at CVS in a BOGO sale (they have them frequently) and CoQ10 is just too expensive for me to justify spending $50 on ONE bottle at WF. So I used the CVS brand for 2 months, but in the second month (my successful cycle) I stopped after O. I don't think I took it long enough for it to have an effect, since I've heard follies are recruited 3 months in advance.

Hadas
Hadas

February 22nd, 2012, 3:30 pm #4

I also took wheatgrass powder daily for several months. Same brand. I mixed it with carrot juice. My RE said it was harmless and wouldn't hurt anything. I don't think I took it while actually in an IVF cycle, just to be cautious. But my RE was not concerned with it.

You maybe should ask your RE if he has an opinion one way or the other.
Did putting it in the juice help kill the nasty taste? I used it with water this morning and I'm still nauseous. Yuck!

minka
minka

February 22nd, 2012, 3:33 pm #5

I like wheat grass with pineapple juice, it will make it taste MUCH better. Somtimes I mix orange and pineapple juice together. I just buy the frozen cans and mix it a glass at a time, but it's more convenient if you can mix a whole pitcher and keep it in the fridge. I am actually used to the taste now!

JP
JP

February 22nd, 2012, 4:00 pm #6

Hi everyone,

Thank you!

I took the pills and the taste was minimal. I bought them at Whole Foods (Pines was the brand) but then I saw them at another store while on vacation for MUCH cheaper. Then I went to the Pines website and ordered them also for the cheaper price. I think I stopped during actual cycles.

February 22nd, 2012, 4:23 pm #7

Hi everyone,

Thank you!

Hi everyone,

I am also interested in taking wheatgrass pills but want to find the best possible deal. Has anyone seen these sold at Walgreens or CVS?

Thanks!

February 22nd, 2012, 4:50 pm #8

Did putting it in the juice help kill the nasty taste? I used it with water this morning and I'm still nauseous. Yuck!
Mixing it with plain water is really yucky tasting.

JP
JP

February 22nd, 2012, 5:16 pm #9

Hi everyone,

I am also interested in taking wheatgrass pills but want to find the best possible deal. Has anyone seen these sold at Walgreens or CVS?

Thanks!
I've seen them in Whole Foods and a GNC type store in NYC. I have not seen them in a regular drug store.

NancyMN
NancyMN

February 22nd, 2012, 5:29 pm #10

Hi everyone,

Thank you!

Is to get the flavored Amazing Wheat Grass. My favorite is orange dreamsicle. I mix it in juice and it's really good!!

I take wheatgrass while doing stims. My RE and acupuncturist didn't have any problem with it. As for CoQ10, Dr. C heck told me it was okay to take the entire time, so I think it's okay. He told me 200MG, but I have seen others do way more than that. They have clinical trials going on now where the dosage is much higher than 200MG.

Of course, when in doubt, don't!