I'm on IUI #16 right now. I'm single and have enough DS and meds for 2 more IUI's, and then my plan is to move on to embryo donation. I'm getting pretty done with this whole process. I had a second trimester loss last fall and the last cycle resulted in a chemical pregnancy that took a little awhile to go away. I went in last Monday thinking I was CD4. I had about 7 antral follicles, which is pretty good for me. My FSH was 14.8, e2 34.7 - hcg 16.5. So, they said I had to wait for my hcg to totally go down. I went back on CD 6 and FSH 11.3. e2 48.2, hcg 16. So, they had me come in today (CD11) and FSH 5.94, e2 151, hcg was less than 1. They told me it was up to me, and if I wanted I could start shots tonight. Alternatively, I could wait until an ultrasound on Wed or of course, skip this cycle all together.
I am wondering what you ladies think. What would you do? I'm really anxious just to be done with the IUI's so a big part of me wants to charge on and I have read accounts of some saying the next cycle after a chemical was successful. On the other hand, with an e2 of 150 - I am wondering if it is too late to get anymore follicles than the dominant one. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
I am just exhausted by this whole process, as I am sure we all are.
I'm so sorry for your losses. (((hugs))) There is something to the theory that you are more fertile for the first few cycles after a loss. This cycle, I bet you already have a pretty big follicle with that estrogen level. So, if you would rather wait for more follicles in another cycle, I would wait. Maybe go in for an u/s? It only takes one though, if you are really wanting to go ahead with IUI this month. Let us know what you decide.