What's the difference between these 2 secondary IF boards?

What's the difference between these 2 secondary IF boards?

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

March 26th, 2011, 5:21 pm #1

http://www.network54.com/Forum/650446/

http://www.network54.com/Forum/249538/

I know I hear via posts that the secondary IF board isn't active and it seems that is the case with the public board. But is the same true of the login board?

I know this board links to the public board only.
Maybe that's part of the "issue"? That when ladies are told about the secondary IF board they are linking to the crappy one and not the good one?

I don't know since I can't access the login one. But if I was pushed off to the crappy public one I'd probably quickly make my way back here! In 2010 there were only 8 posts!

Jenna
Jenna

March 26th, 2011, 7:53 pm #2

The difference is that one has public access and the other one is private and basically the public one is not active or used. I am a member of the private board and we have a great bunch of ladies on there
but there is only 1-2 posts per wk. However, the moderator has recently developed another outlet separate from these boards that is much more active.

I believe that the moderator of the secondary board went private to allow people who suffer from secondary infertility to freely and openly discuss their situations without having judgements or feeling the need to defend their pain from those who have not yet found success which is exactly what has occurred today via the below posts.

I remember I posted something back in Dec 2010 when I suffered from my 5th m/c that I don't fit into these boards for my specific situation and I received tons of support from the ladies on all boards that I belong where ever I see fit as I am suffering from IF and I have pain and not to worry about such nonsence.

I feel as though I can get lots of support from people who have not suffered from recurrent miscarriages like myself and if I only sought out support from those who only reflected my particular situation than I would lose out and other people that I can help would lose out as well.

If the old timers want their own group then I say go for it but do it w/ grace and not spite.

My 2 cents,

Jenna

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

March 26th, 2011, 9:16 pm #3

I don't see your signature 3 smileys.

I hope today's posts didn't get you down. As the header of this particular boards cites, this is a place for anyone suffering from high FSH as well as a place for those wishing to provide support. So that means both you and I are welcome here. I think somewhere along the way that got lost. Much like I didn't see the med donation rule on the over 40 board.

If others feel they can find more appropriate support elsewhere then that's fine.

Thank you for clarifying re: the secondary board. Now we can point others to the better board.

March 26th, 2011, 10:24 pm #4

I have the same question. When I first cam on this board, I was informed that I should be at that board. I tried to get on and there was no response. I think a secondary is a great board to have. While I am thankful for my son, there was pain before him and pain in the last two years so would like an environment that it is understood.

March 27th, 2011, 12:13 am #5

I know I hear via posts that the secondary IF board isn't active and it seems that is the case with the public board. But is the same true of the login board?

Maybe that's part of the "issue"? That when ladies are told about the secondary IF board they are linking to the crappy one and not the good one?

I don't know since I can't access the login one. But if I was pushed off to the crappy public one I'd probably quickly make my way back here! In 2010 there were only 8 posts!
Jenna did a good job of explaining the difference between both boards.

I thought I would explain why I post here on this board AND on the Secondary Infertility Board.

Before I continue - I am speaking for MYSELF....not for the other women on any of the boards....

The Secondary Infertility Board consists of a WONDERFUL group of women. They're an amazing bunch. A lot - not all - of our discussion revolves around "I have one (or maybe two) kids. My family is not complete. Where do I go from here??" Most of us on that board are in some kind of a limbo. We talk about our feelings related to being in this limbo. Some women have moved to DEs. Some are contemplating it. Some have given up but are sticking around. Some (like myself) are still trying. We all have our differences, but we share some common bonds.

Now... as for why I post on the High FSH board... our group - as wonderful as it is - is really a small group. There's probably two or three women (including myself) on the Secondary Infertility Board who are cycling with Dr. Check. The other person is doing a completely different protocol than I am. If I posted some of my questions about Dr. Check on that board, I wouldn't get as many answers as I have here. You guys have been SO WONDERFUL in answering my questions and I have appreciated it SO MUCH.

There were times when I have wondered whether I should have not mentioned DD here on this High FSH board, but then I decided that if I was going to do this, I wasn't going to hide anything. This doesn't mean I understand your pain any less. I understand a lot more than you think. Infertility is something that stays with you forever... no matter if you have one or two or no kids. Having a baby is NOT the cure to infertility. A friend of mine got pregnant a month after getting married at 41. THAT STUNG!! I could go on and on... but I am pretty sure I will never see a pregnant woman and not feel the twinge of pain. Still not the same.... but... that pain will NEVER go away even for those of us with children...

I support having a separate board for those who need it, but I would hope that it was done with good intentions.

March 27th, 2011, 12:18 am #6

My apologies... I started with a different Message Title and then changed it at the last minute / paragraph!!

Sorry, everyone!

March 27th, 2011, 12:19 am #7

I have the same question. When I first cam on this board, I was informed that I should be at that board. I tried to get on and there was no response. I think a secondary is a great board to have. While I am thankful for my son, there was pain before him and pain in the last two years so would like an environment that it is understood.
I am sorry that you're going through this.

I will let the Mod know that there are people trying to get on the Secondary Infertility board!

Thanks....

March 27th, 2011, 1:26 am #8

Jenna did a good job of explaining the difference between both boards.

I thought I would explain why I post here on this board AND on the Secondary Infertility Board.

Before I continue - I am speaking for MYSELF....not for the other women on any of the boards....

The Secondary Infertility Board consists of a WONDERFUL group of women. They're an amazing bunch. A lot - not all - of our discussion revolves around "I have one (or maybe two) kids. My family is not complete. Where do I go from here??" Most of us on that board are in some kind of a limbo. We talk about our feelings related to being in this limbo. Some women have moved to DEs. Some are contemplating it. Some have given up but are sticking around. Some (like myself) are still trying. We all have our differences, but we share some common bonds.

Now... as for why I post on the High FSH board... our group - as wonderful as it is - is really a small group. There's probably two or three women (including myself) on the Secondary Infertility Board who are cycling with Dr. Check. The other person is doing a completely different protocol than I am. If I posted some of my questions about Dr. Check on that board, I wouldn't get as many answers as I have here. You guys have been SO WONDERFUL in answering my questions and I have appreciated it SO MUCH.

There were times when I have wondered whether I should have not mentioned DD here on this High FSH board, but then I decided that if I was going to do this, I wasn't going to hide anything. This doesn't mean I understand your pain any less. I understand a lot more than you think. Infertility is something that stays with you forever... no matter if you have one or two or no kids. Having a baby is NOT the cure to infertility. A friend of mine got pregnant a month after getting married at 41. THAT STUNG!! I could go on and on... but I am pretty sure I will never see a pregnant woman and not feel the twinge of pain. Still not the same.... but... that pain will NEVER go away even for those of us with children...

I support having a separate board for those who need it, but I would hope that it was done with good intentions.
I am so happy you said this. I just did a whole post that I feel like people write me off because I have one. Before my son, I lost a baby at 5 mos. That is not something you ever get past. While trying for another child I have many times been brought back to the feeling years ago.I also have guilt this time that is the past two years I have taken away so much time from my son at doctors appt cycles and now cycling out of town. I have a friend with two kids who went through a lot of this. To this day, she still gets tears in her eyes when discussing this so no the pain never fully leaves.

March 27th, 2011, 1:26 am #9

Even though I don't have a child because so many of my buddies that had kids were over there posting now. It is a great, supportive board. The other one isn't active at all, so I would suggest joining the top one you posted.

xoxo, Tracy

March 27th, 2011, 1:28 am #10

I am sorry that you're going through this.

I will let the Mod know that there are people trying to get on the Secondary Infertility board!

Thanks....
Thanks, I will do that. Which one from the above two. I basically just gave up on these boards. I felt they were negative and hard to post without worrying about backlash. So I just lurked every so often for useful info.