well i didnt conceive (bfp and m/c ment)

well i didnt conceive (bfp and m/c ment)

June 8th, 2011, 1:22 pm #1

how is it possible at 1 dpo i know i didnt conceive?! this is why i HATE the 2ww. i know my chances are super low with clomid bc of my DOR anyways. but with both my son and my m/c in jan i had creamy cm after O that never went away and then (TMI) the vulva area always felt sort of swollen. i also just sort of felt a little different right away. even with the m/c. i hate how i never have hope in the 2ww. every time there is a 2ww i am so depressed bc i know right away it didnt happen and i have to sit around and wait for 14 days for AF to come. does this happen with anyone else who has had a bfp? you know what you felt like in the 2ww when you conceived so now you know the difference? it's just such a downer to never have a smidge of hope in the 2ww.

June 8th, 2011, 1:36 pm #2

I have smidges of hope, but overall I'm pretty negative in the 2WW. So I feel you. I think that if you can find a place in your heart to say, 'it would take a miracle' then that's enough hope.
I don't know about this cycle, but I know that when you do your IVF, you will find some hope. I know you have said that you 'just know' as soon as you are pg. Remember...any type of ART does very different things to your body, so you might not get what you expect!
Thank goodness babies don't grow on hope, cause I wouldn't have a shot at this. You feel what you want to feel. Just try to smile and laugh about something. I think that helps more than hope.

June 8th, 2011, 1:44 pm #3

thanks....yeah, maybe when do IVF the drugs will do weird things to my body so at least wont be able to tell for a few days. it isnt so much that didnt conceive....i know that's close to impossible at this point, but it's the fact that i know so early and i have to sit around and wait for 14 days to start a new cycle. i always feel so much better when i can just start a new cycle.
.....and, how are you feeling? are your tests getting darker? : )

Sara H
Sara H

June 8th, 2011, 1:46 pm #4

how is it possible at 1 dpo i know i didnt conceive?! this is why i HATE the 2ww. i know my chances are super low with clomid bc of my DOR anyways. but with both my son and my m/c in jan i had creamy cm after O that never went away and then (TMI) the vulva area always felt sort of swollen. i also just sort of felt a little different right away. even with the m/c. i hate how i never have hope in the 2ww. every time there is a 2ww i am so depressed bc i know right away it didnt happen and i have to sit around and wait for 14 days for AF to come. does this happen with anyone else who has had a bfp? you know what you felt like in the 2ww when you conceived so now you know the difference? it's just such a downer to never have a smidge of hope in the 2ww.
please don't be offended but this sounds possibly like some hormones talking. I think you are having a down swing right now. Remember, there is really no way to know. Even if you did conceive nothing would have even implanted yet so there is no way to know at all!

As for soar or CM there are sooo many other factors... don't give up now!

Honestly, I think you are just setting your heart up for a negative, which is fine and totally understandable, but there is no way you are out of the game yet.

Give yourself a few days, you might feel better as things level out.

Good luck,
Sara H.

June 8th, 2011, 1:52 pm #5

ds ment -

i know like, statistically, you are right sara. and believe me, i WANT to believe this. it's just really hard when both of my experiences with being pregnant i knew right away. hell, i got a bfp on the freaking frer at 5dpo with the m/c and had implantation spotting at 4 dpo. (this is all according to my opks and chart) if i hadnt felt different for awhile or just had no clue right away with those pregnancies, i would feel different about my current situation. thanks, you guys are nice... : ) i was doing really good with my situation and i was even starting to be okay with having one child, then that whole thing happened with the nurses at the clinic on monday and for some reason it just really brought be down.

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 8th, 2011, 2:03 pm #6

hang in there bigboy. I was sure I didn't have success on the cycle that was a bfp. I found that being pessimisted helped manage the pain of all the BFNs. But, you need to have some hope to keep you going. You never know when you will find the golden egg. Every pregnancy is different. Your symptoms (or lack of) may be completely different with your second. BTW, I responded to your e2 vs. egg quality post below.

sarita
sarita

June 8th, 2011, 4:04 pm #7

I completely understand how you feel. I felt like that almost every month for the 2 years we were TTCing. But here are two things I hope will make you feel better. First, generally speaking, women tend to feel optimistic and upbeat for the first half of their cycle and once they ovulate the shifting hormones tend to have a negative effect so chock it up to that at least a little bit. Second, It's SO true that every pregnancy is different and you may know the day after you conceive in one case and not till way after you missed AF in another instance. I totally understand how frustrating it is and you should let yourself feel however you feel but leave a little room for the unknown. It will happen.

jnoels
jnoels

June 8th, 2011, 4:14 pm #8

just adding to what everyone else has said...
i've been pregnant twice (both m/c), and they were both very different; what's more, i totally thought I was pregant again after the second one because everything felt the same, and I wasn't. It's different each time. I know how hard it is to both maintain hope AND prepare yourself for the possibility of a BFN.
Just take care of yourself!