Update.

Update.

May 26th, 2011, 8:16 pm #1

Sometimes we just have a sense. You guys know I've had a bad feeling about this cycle. I'm on day 11 of stims and my E2 has stalled (despite continued huge doses of follistim and menopur). It went from 825 on Day 10 to 842 on Day 11. I know the Ganirelix slows the E2...but this is ridiculous. Thank goodness we triggered last night. We are going to ER tomorrow morning. I'm just not feeling good about this cycle with that low E2. And this is the last one for a long while. This sucks.

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

May 26th, 2011, 8:28 pm #2

The highest my E2 ever got before trigger was 679.

You may be pleasantly surprised tomorrow!!

Good luck!!!

Tanya
Tanya

May 26th, 2011, 8:29 pm #3

Sometimes we just have a sense. You guys know I've had a bad feeling about this cycle. I'm on day 11 of stims and my E2 has stalled (despite continued huge doses of follistim and menopur). It went from 825 on Day 10 to 842 on Day 11. I know the Ganirelix slows the E2...but this is ridiculous. Thank goodness we triggered last night. We are going to ER tomorrow morning. I'm just not feeling good about this cycle with that low E2. And this is the last one for a long while. This sucks.
I know it is hard but try to stay optimistic. Remember it only takes one. For my successful cycle, I only had one 8 cell that led to success. I will say a prayer for you tonight Katie.

May 26th, 2011, 8:37 pm #4

The highest my E2 ever got before trigger was 679.

You may be pleasantly surprised tomorrow!!

Good luck!!!
that you're right Mrs. A. you know me...I'm reading research like crazy. E2 of less than 1000 after high stim IVF= low chance of success. That is the general trend in the research. However, there is one lovely study, in which the women like us are graciously referred to as "less than average responders" that has found E2 not to make a difference in terms of pregnancy success outcome. I think you might know the authors? They are two little known guys named Check and Choe. haha.

May 26th, 2011, 8:39 pm #5

I know it is hard but try to stay optimistic. Remember it only takes one. For my successful cycle, I only had one 8 cell that led to success. I will say a prayer for you tonight Katie.
I'm 38.5 with increasing FSH and depleted funds.

I hope I hope I hope....Thank you for thinking of me.

Sara H
Sara H

May 26th, 2011, 8:40 pm #6

It didn't flat line, it simple went up more slowly... BUT STILL UP!

I say in this case you have waited in line, gotten on the roller-coaster, found your seat, the safely bar is down and you have started up that first hill.

At this point you might as well enjoy the ride!

I know you don't want to be overly optimistic, I know you want to be cautious and not get your hopes up and protect yourself from bad news by preparing for it* but positive thoughts will only help now! You have made your choices, you have taken a path! There is a possibility that a whole new chapter in your life starts tomorrow!

Sit back, throw your hands up and joyfully scream!

Please update us tomorrow, we will all be thinking of you!

Hugs!
Sara H.

*How do I know that? I do it ALL THE TIME! I am the most 'cautiously pessimistic optimist' about my own life ever! (By that I mean I plan on the worst and be hopeful that I am wrong!)

Tanya
Tanya

May 26th, 2011, 8:47 pm #7

I'm 38.5 with increasing FSH and depleted funds.

I hope I hope I hope....Thank you for thinking of me.
I know the feeling all too well unfortunately. I will be praying for you tonight. I am not an E2 expert but if Mrs. A says it is good, then believe her it is good.

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

May 26th, 2011, 8:47 pm #8

that you're right Mrs. A. you know me...I'm reading research like crazy. E2 of less than 1000 after high stim IVF= low chance of success. That is the general trend in the research. However, there is one lovely study, in which the women like us are graciously referred to as "less than average responders" that has found E2 not to make a difference in terms of pregnancy success outcome. I think you might know the authors? They are two little known guys named Check and Choe. haha.
LOL! you gave me a laugh.

Let's play worst case scenario here and that you're 842 is reflective of only 3 mature eggs. That E2 won't mean a dang thing as long as those 3 mature eggs fertilize. And those fert eggs grow into great day 3 embies (or day 5 if that's what you're doing). And you end up with the 3 embies to transfer.

Hang in there and try to get some rest tonight.

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

May 26th, 2011, 8:55 pm #9

It didn't flat line, it simple went up more slowly... BUT STILL UP!

I say in this case you have waited in line, gotten on the roller-coaster, found your seat, the safely bar is down and you have started up that first hill.

At this point you might as well enjoy the ride!

I know you don't want to be overly optimistic, I know you want to be cautious and not get your hopes up and protect yourself from bad news by preparing for it* but positive thoughts will only help now! You have made your choices, you have taken a path! There is a possibility that a whole new chapter in your life starts tomorrow!

Sit back, throw your hands up and joyfully scream!

Please update us tomorrow, we will all be thinking of you!

Hugs!
Sara H.

*How do I know that? I do it ALL THE TIME! I am the most 'cautiously pessimistic optimist' about my own life ever! (By that I mean I plan on the worst and be hopeful that I am wrong!)
"It didn't flat line, it simple went up more slowly... BUT STILL UP!"

And the fact is that the "more slowly" only applies to the rise between yesterday and today (and that would be expected.

The prior E2 was 649 so the prior rise was much more in spite of the Ganirelix.

I'm not going to say wow I think you have 10 eggs in there BUT, I certainly think you should have a few good eggs hatch tomorrow. Stay hopeful. Like Sara said, you're already on the ride. So hang on tight and hope for the best!

Alli
Alli

May 26th, 2011, 8:55 pm #10

LOL! you gave me a laugh.

Let's play worst case scenario here and that you're 842 is reflective of only 3 mature eggs. That E2 won't mean a dang thing as long as those 3 mature eggs fertilize. And those fert eggs grow into great day 3 embies (or day 5 if that's what you're doing). And you end up with the 3 embies to transfer.

Hang in there and try to get some rest tonight.
3 mature eggs can def equate success!