Update...

Update...

April 13th, 2011, 12:05 am #1

So I went to see the RE at Kaiser today (NOT that OB-GYN jerk...the new guy) to see if they would be willing to try me on a medicated IUI at some point. For those of you who haven't hear my story, Kaiser pays 0% for IVF but fully covers IUI. Since we have one IVF cycle left and we are out of money, I thought I'd give it a shot. Well, the RE was very nice and actually gave me tons of good info and spent quite a bit of time talking. HOWEVER, he also informed me that Kaiser has a hard and fast rule that they will not do IUI on anyone with an FSH over 12 point something (he thought it was 12.5, but he wasn't totally sure.) So my FSH would have to come down before they would consider me. Which is just so damn silly because all of the research is telling us that month-to-month FSH fluctuations are really meaningless.

Oh, and one more bit of bad news. I was hoping to do IVF #2 this month. AF is supposed to be coming by the end of the week. And today, u/s showed a big, fat 8cm cyst on my ovary. UGH. I get these cysts regularly and they always deflate after AF. I know some of you have been through this....Do you think this cycle is a bust??

Bethpky
Bethpky

April 13th, 2011, 12:43 am #2

Do you have estrace you could take in the luteal phase before you go in for Day 2/3 FSH testing? This might be able to keep your FSH low enough to cycle.

April 13th, 2011, 12:54 am #3

So I went to see the RE at Kaiser today (NOT that OB-GYN jerk...the new guy) to see if they would be willing to try me on a medicated IUI at some point. For those of you who haven't hear my story, Kaiser pays 0% for IVF but fully covers IUI. Since we have one IVF cycle left and we are out of money, I thought I'd give it a shot. Well, the RE was very nice and actually gave me tons of good info and spent quite a bit of time talking. HOWEVER, he also informed me that Kaiser has a hard and fast rule that they will not do IUI on anyone with an FSH over 12 point something (he thought it was 12.5, but he wasn't totally sure.) So my FSH would have to come down before they would consider me. Which is just so damn silly because all of the research is telling us that month-to-month FSH fluctuations are really meaningless.

Oh, and one more bit of bad news. I was hoping to do IVF #2 this month. AF is supposed to be coming by the end of the week. And today, u/s showed a big, fat 8cm cyst on my ovary. UGH. I get these cysts regularly and they always deflate after AF. I know some of you have been through this....Do you think this cycle is a bust??
what Bethpky said, that should bring your FSH down. And the news about the cyst SUCKS! Hopefully it goes away after AF.

sch1star
sch1star

April 13th, 2011, 2:10 am #4

I'm getting that this one doesn't require any bricking at the current time?

I think that is a great idea about the estrace and FSH, not sure what it would do to the cyst. I hope the cycle works out for you!

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 13th, 2011, 5:33 am #5

Do you have estrace you could take in the luteal phase before you go in for Day 2/3 FSH testing? This might be able to keep your FSH low enough to cycle.
Doesn't estrace show up in the bloodwork? It would keep the FSH low but would they accept it with an elevated E2 level from the estrace? Maybe take an estrogen that does not show up in the b/w...

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 13th, 2011, 1:44 pm #6

I'm getting that this one doesn't require any bricking at the current time?

I think that is a great idea about the estrace and FSH, not sure what it would do to the cyst. I hope the cycle works out for you!
how high is fsh?

Bethpky
Bethpky

April 13th, 2011, 4:47 pm #7

Doesn't estrace show up in the bloodwork? It would keep the FSH low but would they accept it with an elevated E2 level from the estrace? Maybe take an estrogen that does not show up in the b/w...
As far as I know, it shouldn't show up in your system by the CD 2/3 bloodwork, at least it didn't with mine.

April 13th, 2011, 6:35 pm #8

I took 2 mg in luteal phase--it usually kept my FSH under 10 but it depends what your usual FSH is (mine was usually 12-14). E2 was only slightly elevated at 40-50 where normally it would be around 20 (I think they only worry if it's over 70ish).

jkl