Update on SA

Update on SA

Lisa
Lisa

July 5th, 2012, 9:12 am #1

Repeated DH SA and great news he went from no sperm from first test to normal 2cc sample and with sperm - apparently the first test he obviously missed getting the sperm in lol.

b&a72
b&a72

July 5th, 2012, 4:03 pm #2

That's why they tell you to get more then one done a couple months apart just to make sure.

Laura
Laura

July 5th, 2012, 7:17 pm #3

Repeated DH SA and great news he went from no sperm from first test to normal 2cc sample and with sperm - apparently the first test he obviously missed getting the sperm in lol.
So now you can just focus on you. Have you seen any RE's yet?

Laura
Laura

July 5th, 2012, 9:05 pm #4

So.....first of all, yes people with low AMH on this board have gotten pg. some even naturally. I'm sorry for the scary news, but again, some of these tests can be unreliable. AMH is not supposed to fluctuate, but others on this board have experienced otherwise.

Next, what is the evidence your Dr had that you didn't ovulate? Did he give you a CD3 antral count? Did he test your progesterone level?

Yes, it is possible to have anovulatory cycles, but those cycles tend to be much longer than 27-31 days. You may be "losing follicles" mid-cycle, which can sometimes make your body think it ovulated since your e2 level drops. This was happening to me...my early numbers looked good and then my mid-cycle numbers would be indicative of the follies not maturing properly.

The fact that your FSH varies from month to month means that you are not in menopause or have POF. Someone in that category would have a sustained high FSH that does not EVER test in the normal range, or even close to it. I believe that with 4.4 it is likely you ovulated the previous month, but you can't know for sure without testing p4. The 28 means that you likely did not ovulate and your body is still trying to. When this happens, you may ovulate too early this month to have a mature egg. Its a vicious cycle, so you should find an RE who is interested in helping stabilize your hormones first. Have you ever used OPKS? They tend not to work on us, but it's worth a try to see if your OPKS match what your RE says.

There are some non-medical things you can do to try to stabilize your own hormones, while you search for a high-FSH friendly RE. Taking b-complex vitamins, coq10/ubiquinol, evening primrose oil, red raspberry leaf tea, DHEA (under the supervision of a Dr only) and wheat grass keep popping up on the board as things that may have helped people. Acupuncture from a L.Ac who specializes in women's health issues is also a popular treatment either instead of or alongside ART.

Houston
Houston

July 8th, 2012, 3:11 pm #5

Great news!