UltrasoUnd question

UltrasoUnd question

Houston
Houston

April 22nd, 2012, 2:35 pm #1

I went in for my Day 2 ultrasound. The tech said she saw one follicle size 11.2 that she measured to make sure there wasnt a cyst. She said the clinic did not order a follicle count but said she would do one. She claimed my AFC is 18. Obviously she doesn't know how to do an AFC because I didn't jump from 5/7 to 18.

When I got home I reviewed my orders. I saw a follicle count and size measurement were ordered. I called the clinic. The nurse returned my call and claimed this was done. I know it wasn't done while I was in the room. Is there anyway they could have gone back later from pictures taken and done an accurate follicle count and measurement?

Also do you think I should proceed with a cycle with onE follicle already measuring 11 or will this just become a lead follicle?

Laura
Laura

April 22nd, 2012, 3:29 pm #2

Do you know if she did the AFC while the contrast was on? Blood vessels can look like follies with the contrast off. I had one tech say oh it looks like you have pcos, but then she turned the contrast on and said oh never mind.

Houston
Houston

April 22nd, 2012, 3:43 pm #3

I think so but I don't know for sure.

Erin
Erin

April 23rd, 2012, 1:30 pm #4

I went in for my Day 2 ultrasound. The tech said she saw one follicle size 11.2 that she measured to make sure there wasnt a cyst. She said the clinic did not order a follicle count but said she would do one. She claimed my AFC is 18. Obviously she doesn't know how to do an AFC because I didn't jump from 5/7 to 18.

When I got home I reviewed my orders. I saw a follicle count and size measurement were ordered. I called the clinic. The nurse returned my call and claimed this was done. I know it wasn't done while I was in the room. Is there anyway they could have gone back later from pictures taken and done an accurate follicle count and measurement?

Also do you think I should proceed with a cycle with onE follicle already measuring 11 or will this just become a lead follicle?
But that whole u/s sounds a little wacky. I would want to see what the next u/s (with a different tech!) says before making any decisions, as I really feel like the user error rate is really high with these vaginal u/s's. I know it's stressful though- I spent the whole weekend obsessing about the fluid in my uterus, which was not even there this morning, so I was stressed for no reason really. When is your next u/s? You could probably ask to move it up if it's not for a couple of days. Hoping the AFC of 18 was accurate though!

Houston
Houston

April 23rd, 2012, 2:45 pm #5

No problem. I agree it is crazy. I never trust the us techs, especially at this clinic. Unfortunately, they are the only clinic open on Sundays that I could find.

So, Cornell has me going in for bloodwork on Wednesday, but not before then. They did not mention another ultrasound yet. Is this normal?

Sorry you had to be stressed all weekend, but glad the fluid isn't there. I wonder if it was even there to begin with.

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 23rd, 2012, 2:47 pm #6

But that whole u/s sounds a little wacky. I would want to see what the next u/s (with a different tech!) says before making any decisions, as I really feel like the user error rate is really high with these vaginal u/s's. I know it's stressful though- I spent the whole weekend obsessing about the fluid in my uterus, which was not even there this morning, so I was stressed for no reason really. When is your next u/s? You could probably ask to move it up if it's not for a couple of days. Hoping the AFC of 18 was accurate though!
Oh, the AFC of 18 is not accurate. No way. The techs at this clinic always say it is 14+ and it never really is. The report she sent to Cornell said I had 10 follicles less than 10. Not what she told me. If I really did have 10, that would be great, but I really don't trust what she says at this point.

Erin
Erin

April 23rd, 2012, 2:57 pm #7

No problem. I agree it is crazy. I never trust the us techs, especially at this clinic. Unfortunately, they are the only clinic open on Sundays that I could find.

So, Cornell has me going in for bloodwork on Wednesday, but not before then. They did not mention another ultrasound yet. Is this normal?

Sorry you had to be stressed all weekend, but glad the fluid isn't there. I wonder if it was even there to begin with.
Yes- the bloodwork only on CD6 or so is standard for them (then they start bw and u/s every time). However, given the possible 11mm lead follicle, I would probably ask to have another u/s on Weds with the bw. I've done this in the past when there was an issue and they agreed (with perhaps a little persuasion...). If I were you, I'd want to know sooner than later if you have a significant lead follicle, esp since I think your meds are OOP. Crossing my fingers for you! An AFC of 10 sounds great too!