TMI. Odor post ejaculation.

TMI. Odor post ejaculation.

Anonymous
Anonymous

January 25th, 2012, 4:58 pm #1

This is embarrassing but am wondering if it could be an issue.
I have noticed for several months now, that after ejaculating, DH's sperm has a horrible odor inside of me.
Could this be a sign of a PH issue and should I call a doctor?
We recently were both tested for IF but not sure if they would test for a bacterial infection if this is what it is?
I've never smelled this in the past with another man.
Am now wondering if this could be causing problems for us.

January 25th, 2012, 5:27 pm #2

To be on the safe side I think you should see a doctor and have it checked. It could be some sort of infection.

Sara H
Sara H

January 25th, 2012, 6:14 pm #3

I'd get this checked ASAP. Maybe just something in his diet, hopefully, but enough of a red flag to need to be investigated.

Good luck and report back!

Sara H

Jamie
Jamie

January 25th, 2012, 7:09 pm #4

This is embarrassing but am wondering if it could be an issue.
I have noticed for several months now, that after ejaculating, DH's sperm has a horrible odor inside of me.
Could this be a sign of a PH issue and should I call a doctor?
We recently were both tested for IF but not sure if they would test for a bacterial infection if this is what it is?
I've never smelled this in the past with another man.
Am now wondering if this could be causing problems for us.

And I too have never experienced with anyone else.

He and I have been checked for everything, so I don't think there's anything in particular going on. I think it's just an interaction of body chemistries. Know that doesn't help you much though!

Anonymous
Anonymous

January 25th, 2012, 7:29 pm #5

I was concerned that it could mean that something in me is killing his sperm...and causing issues...?
I googled but haven't found anything.
I have no symptoms of itching, burning or anything indicating an infection, though I know sometimes there are no symptoms.
Guess the best thing is to call the doctor.

Jamie
Jamie

January 25th, 2012, 8:12 pm #6

I will tell you that I have been diagnosed with a severe case of antisperm antibodies . . . basically I produce massive amounts of antibodies that attach to sperm heads and make it impossible for me to conceive naturally. However, I've had this for a while, so I don't know why it would be particular to my husband. I do agree on getting checked out, but it may just be one of those things. For me, since I know I can't conceive naturally I just wash out everytime we have sex and it does help the odor some. What's annoying for me is that I really don't have any sort of odor on my own, which I'm glad about, but the two of us together cause a problem.

Anonymous
Anonymous

January 25th, 2012, 8:55 pm #7

Is there anything they can do for you so that you can conceive naturally? Can you do iui? Anything?
I have no children but have had a couple miscarriages. Now I an wondering if this is why?

Anonymous
Anonymous

January 26th, 2012, 12:08 am #8

ASAB in men or women can cause miscarriages. Have your husband cultured for ASAB.