Thoughts on My First Protocol

Thoughts on My First Protocol

July 10th, 2012, 12:38 am #1

Hi ladies,

I'd greatly appreciate any experiences/input/thoughts regarding the protocol for my first attempt at IVF. I am 36 years, 10 months old. I started with Cetrotide after ovulation was confirmed 2 weeks ago and have been wearing Vivelle patches for the past couple weeks (EPP). My ultrasound yesterday indicated 3-4 follicles on each side. They did not check my FSH.

I began Lupron today (10 units) and will add in Follistim (450) and Menopur (150) on Wednesday. This will continue at least until Saturday when I go in for another ultrasound and bloodwork. Is this considered high stim? Makes me a bit nervous since I keep reading that low stims seem better for people with DOR.

Thanks so much!

Alli
Alli

July 10th, 2012, 1:43 am #2

My triplets came from a protocol with 750 iu of Gonal f then down to 600 for several days. 3 eggs and 3 babies so it was fine for me! Good luck

MargieD
MargieD

July 10th, 2012, 1:43 am #3

Hi ladies,

I'd greatly appreciate any experiences/input/thoughts regarding the protocol for my first attempt at IVF. I am 36 years, 10 months old. I started with Cetrotide after ovulation was confirmed 2 weeks ago and have been wearing Vivelle patches for the past couple weeks (EPP). My ultrasound yesterday indicated 3-4 follicles on each side. They did not check my FSH.

I began Lupron today (10 units) and will add in Follistim (450) and Menopur (150) on Wednesday. This will continue at least until Saturday when I go in for another ultrasound and bloodwork. Is this considered high stim? Makes me a bit nervous since I keep reading that low stims seem better for people with DOR.

Thanks so much!
Yes - this is high stims.

Some women do well with high stims and some do not.

But you also have Lupron and some women do well with Lupron and some do not.

The only way to know is to try the protocol.

Will watch for your update on Saturday.

July 10th, 2012, 2:11 am #4

Hi ladies,

Thanks so much!
I guess that's why I keep referring to it as my first attempt at IVF. I know that everybody is different and what works for some may not work out as well for others. Thanks again!

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

July 10th, 2012, 1:44 pm #5

Hi ladies,

Thanks so much!
It didn't make a difference for me. I got the same number of embryos on high stim as low stim (2-3). We hoped the quality was going to be better with low stim but they weren't any better. You just have to try and see what happens. Wishing you luck!

July 10th, 2012, 4:54 pm #6

Thank you, Mrs. McIrish! n/t

July 10th, 2012, 8:13 pm #7

I guess that's why I keep referring to it as my first attempt at IVF. I know that everybody is different and what works for some may not work out as well for others. Thanks again!
That can give you more advice, but I went down to 5 units after my 1st canceled IVF and did a bit better. However, I was on it for a LONG time the first protocol.

It really is trial and error so dont feel hopeless if you have slow growth or 1 egg.
Me- 30
Day 3- FSH 10.4, E2 42; Day 10- 16.6; Possible endo, slight anti sperm antibodies
DH- 30, low Morph
TTC 23 Cycles
2 Cycles on Clomid- BFN
3 Cycles on Femara & IUI- BFN
Now- Natural plus antioxidants, Acu/Herbs till IVF when we're ready emotionally

b&a72
b&a72

July 10th, 2012, 10:09 pm #8

Hi ladies,

Thanks so much!
Like the other ladies have said it all depends on the person but for me I did 3 high stim cycles and 1 low stim. I produced the same amount of eggs on all 4 cycles but the 4th and last low stim resulted in the best quality all perfect 8 cell grade 1 embryos and my twin girls that are due next week. BUT I also produced at least 2 blastocysts on my previous 3 cycles. You never know until you try it but the best advise I can give is if high stim does not work(which I hope it does) try a low stim next as we all know these meds are not cheap.

Jamie
Jamie

July 10th, 2012, 11:53 pm #9

Hi ladies,

Thanks so much!
Your stims are a tad high but some people have success with that. It doesn't seem to work as well for older women, but you are only 36. I got my daughter when I was 39 on a relatively high stim (225 Ganirelix, 225 Menopur, so 450 total).

One thing I will say is that you have had a lot of suppression in this protocol, from EPP to Lupron. Many of us do not do well on any amounts of Lupron (me included), so if for some reason you don't stim well don't let anyone tell you that it's because of high FSH. I did just fine without Lupron but couldn't stim at all with it. Hoping that is not you, but just want you to know this so you don't worry.

Good luck!

July 10th, 2012, 11:58 pm #10

Like the other ladies have said it all depends on the person but for me I did 3 high stim cycles and 1 low stim. I produced the same amount of eggs on all 4 cycles but the 4th and last low stim resulted in the best quality all perfect 8 cell grade 1 embryos and my twin girls that are due next week. BUT I also produced at least 2 blastocysts on my previous 3 cycles. You never know until you try it but the best advise I can give is if high stim does not work(which I hope it does) try a low stim next as we all know these meds are not cheap.
It's so great to hear the success stories. You are right about those meds - wow! Very costly. I appreciate your advice and best wishes to you. I will be checking out your status on the other board!