Think I am ovulating late even after Trigger shot

Think I am ovulating late even after Trigger shot

Anon
Anon

March 26th, 2011, 12:41 am #1

So here is the story -- I did a stimulation cycle and had only one follicle, Given the trigger shot on day 11 and told to day BD that night, next night and the following night. Having said that Ovulation kits have never ever been positive when I have used in the past. I had mucus discharge on day 16 and 17 of my cycle -- I felt that i was ovulating at that point even with the trigger shot given on my day 11. I am waiting on my consult with Check because our RE has said i need DE , I am 36 had two chemical pregnancies with highest fsh 23. So the general question has anybody ovulated late even with trigger shot given -- I feel I am not doing the BD on right days to possible conceive naturally. I am very frustrated. any advice is helpful

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

March 26th, 2011, 1:58 am #2

even with a trigger shot. I do not know this first hand but Dr. Check had me trigger on a natural cycle to "test" that I release. And then 2 days later I went in for u/s to see if I did release (I did).

My advice would be to see if you can get b/w done to confirm ovulation and even an u/s.

Good luck with your consult with Dr. Check (unless this cycle turns out to be BFP ).

MargieD
MargieD

March 26th, 2011, 2:14 am #3

I am with Dr. Check....

Each month we are learning more and more about my cycles. He learned this month that I surged (ovulated), but didn't release the eggs. I didn't have the trigger shot although I am pretty sure I'll need it next month. (B/W showed that I surged, but U/S didn't show release....)

(Actually - I am suspecting that I release the eggs AFTER I surge... but I'm letting Dr. Check figure this stuff out. He's supposedly a master at this stuff. Going to let him do his thing... )

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 26th, 2011, 9:00 pm #4

If someone surges but does not release, does that mean there was no ovulation and no rise in progesterone? Or that the follicle does indeed burst and produce progesterone, but the egg is stuck in there?

Just wondering, I was thinking if there was no progesterone released, there would be no luteal phase and no predictable period from progesterone production and withdrawal, just a random estrogen bleed?

MargieD
MargieD

March 27th, 2011, 1:27 am #5

I cannot answer all of your questions....but I'll share what I do know...

When I surged a couple of days ago, the nurse told me that I had "ovulated." This was the term she used. When I had the ultrasounds the day I surged and the day after - the follicles were still at the ovaries and they continue to increase in size. (I was also taking Brevelle shots...)

Dr. Check found out right away that my luteal phase was messed up. I had TOO MUCH progesterone in my system on CD1. I am thinking that I surge (ovulate) early, but release the eggs later in the cycle - producing the rise in progesterone during AF.

And oh - AF visits regularly for about 5 to 6 days every 25-28 days.

MargieD
MargieD

March 27th, 2011, 1:58 am #6

AF was visiting regularly before Dr. Check put me on progesterone. When he saw that I had too much progesterone on CD1 - he put me on progesterone for approximately 14 days after I ovulate. I'm now in the middle of the second month cycling with Dr. Check as he figures out my cycles.

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

March 27th, 2011, 2:07 am #7

so what does Dr. Check consider too much P4 on CD1?

and by chance do you know why the 14 days of P4 support after O would help in reducing the CD1 P4 levels?

MargieD
MargieD

March 27th, 2011, 3:45 am #8

There shouldn't be ANY or very very low dose of progesterone on CD1. This website -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Menst ... le2_en.svg - confirms this. He actually showed it to me on the microscope and I had too many of these progesterone "cells"(??) running around.

I don't think Dr. Check was trying to reduce CD1 P4 levels, but to make sure that I had appropriate P4 levels for when I DO ovulate. He was thinking that my progesterone levels weren't rising after ovulation as they should for proper ovulation.

MargieD
MargieD

March 27th, 2011, 3:46 am #9

Geee.....The last word should have been implantation....not ovulation... n/t

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

March 27th, 2011, 4:28 am #10

There shouldn't be ANY or very very low dose of progesterone on CD1. This website -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Menst ... le2_en.svg - confirms this. He actually showed it to me on the microscope and I had too many of these progesterone "cells"(??) running around.

I don't think Dr. Check was trying to reduce CD1 P4 levels, but to make sure that I had appropriate P4 levels for when I DO ovulate. He was thinking that my progesterone levels weren't rising after ovulation as they should for proper ovulation.
but did he by chance give you a numerical value of what he likes P4 to be on CD1 or CD2 or CD 3?

It's my understanding that generally speaking it should be 1.5 or less for CD 2/3.

Also did he say what it meant to have too many of the progesterone cells running around? Is it an indication of what happened in the prior cycle or an indication of what might happen in the current cycle? No sweat if you don't know - just wondering for a friend.

He swabbed me too - I was on CD 3 and if I recall correctly I had low progesterone cell count. We also looked under the microscope. But for the life of me I can't recall details around this result.

And I get you on the P4 support after O.