The Mod of this Board

The Mod of this Board

MargieD
MargieD

March 27th, 2011, 4:37 am #1

I do not want to start anything... but I was talking with another poster here...

Apparently, the Mod of this board has been MIA. And, apparently, she's been looking for someone to take over.

See post below....

http://www.network54.com/Forum/209394/m ... tor+RobinB

In light of the recent discussions, this is probably NOT the time to change moderators, but maybe someone can think about the future of this board.

I don't know if it's possible to contact the Mod since I have been told that she has not been responding to e-mails... but again - something to think about....

Anyway - please be nice here... we're so lucky to have this board... the last thing we need to do is PO our Mod.

Cee
Cee

March 27th, 2011, 5:17 pm #2

That post is from quite awhile ago, it appears that no one ever took over for her? I don't know what happens if no one can get in touch with her, I guess it just continues to exist. Although she mentions above and in that post that the forum is not free, so if that's true, how is the board still running? I was under the impression that all forums on network 54 were free but maybe not.

I'd be willing to take over as moderator but it doesn't appear likely that anyone will...

MargieD
MargieD

March 27th, 2011, 5:33 pm #3

I am not interested in being a Mod, but like you, I am puzzled by how this board is continuing to run without an active Mod. Someone has to be paying for this - unless it's been paid for years in advance - which I doubt is possible.

I hope nothing happened to the Mod. I hope she just moved on.

MargieD
MargieD

March 27th, 2011, 5:36 pm #4

I checked out www.network54.com and apparently - it's free now??

Maybe there was a cost at one time, but now is free??

I will keep researching...

MargieD
MargieD

March 27th, 2011, 5:39 pm #5

It's free with advertising....it's not free without advertising...so someone must be paying....

Cee
Cee

March 27th, 2011, 5:40 pm #6

I checked out www.network54.com and apparently - it's free now??

Maybe there was a cost at one time, but now is free??

I will keep researching...
Yeah, that's what I saw when I went to the homesite, network54.com. But others in previous posts were talking about how she paid to keep it ad-free? Maybe that's not an option they talk about on the main page.

I emailed the support on network54 to ask about what can be done with MIA mods. I'll let you know if I hear back...

MargieD
MargieD

March 27th, 2011, 5:45 pm #7

I was in the middle of looking for an e-mail address. Thanks for doing it. Yes - let me know...

I was reading how they bill it to the credit card. I can't imagine what the Mod is feeling about all of this...

Mrs. A - if you're reading this - they have a page that explains how "obnoxious users" (sorry!) are blocked. Interesting!

March 27th, 2011, 10:35 pm #8

For at least 2 years. I was part of the group trying to find her a while back. I believe Lauranz and a few others paid to keep the board ad free because we couldn't find the mod and the advertisements had started up and were driving us all batty. Once the ads were gone, I think we kinda stopped pursuing it. Keep us posted on what you find out!

xoxo, Tracy