Temps on P4 and moving to IVF @ Cooper

Temps on P4 and moving to IVF @ Cooper

teresa
teresa

February 12th, 2012, 12:20 pm #1

I'm confused. I tried to type this in search to avoid asking the question but didn't find my ansswer.

I thought your temperature stayed high while on progesterone. Mine has declined dramatically every day since Wednesday. (I know AF is coming- I just thought the temps would stay high while on it) Could this mean I'm not getting a high enough dosage? Sorry if this is a stupid question, I just want to be sure.

Also- DH and I have decided we want to move to IVF as soon as we can. How do I go about this? I have a callback Monday with the nurse because I am still going for that beta, do I ask her or should I make a callback appt with Dr C heck? Will this be a problem? I am insisting we do it now because of my age. I probably won't be able to do it this cycle, since I'm finding out about that fibroid and would rather get that resolved first, but I would like to set it up for my next cycle vs waiting until May/June like we'd planned. Will it be a problem? It will be my first time doing IVF, I'm very nervous.

Thanks!

jmassage
jmassage

February 12th, 2012, 2:53 pm #2

I'm not to sure about the temp thing, so I can't shed much light on this. I'm glad you are moving to IVF. I'm sure your Re can tell you how to proceed. Just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you.

NancyMN
NancyMN

February 12th, 2012, 3:02 pm #3

I'm confused. I tried to type this in search to avoid asking the question but didn't find my ansswer.

I thought your temperature stayed high while on progesterone. Mine has declined dramatically every day since Wednesday. (I know AF is coming- I just thought the temps would stay high while on it) Could this mean I'm not getting a high enough dosage? Sorry if this is a stupid question, I just want to be sure.

Also- DH and I have decided we want to move to IVF as soon as we can. How do I go about this? I have a callback Monday with the nurse because I am still going for that beta, do I ask her or should I make a callback appt with Dr C heck? Will this be a problem? I am insisting we do it now because of my age. I probably won't be able to do it this cycle, since I'm finding out about that fibroid and would rather get that resolved first, but I would like to set it up for my next cycle vs waiting until May/June like we'd planned. Will it be a problem? It will be my first time doing IVF, I'm very nervous.

Thanks!
Hi! I have had that same experience with P4, so not sure if it means you need more or not, but it would seem to indicate at least that it's dropping...i had very low temps this cycle, and also a shortened luteal phase and I had my P4 checked and it was only 1.9, but that was 2 days before AF (but it was 7 dpo!!)...(I didn't take P4 this cycle because my temps were so low I couldn't even determine if I ovulated or not...my baseline yesterday confirmed that I did because I have a CL cyst). I only mention this becuse my coresponding temp was way below the coverline on this day so that too made me wonder if all the other low emps meant my P4 was low on the other days, even at 5-6dpo. I can't remember, did they check your P4 after O? I think so...I have found that some cycles mine seems to drop off dramatically based on my temps, even with the P4. I wonder if they do additional checks, or just give you more P4? I did a LPD panel once where they take your P4 and E2 every other day starting at 7dpo through 11dpo once and it showed normal levels, but each cycle can be different so I just don't know. I don't think I helped you any, but if you find anything out I'd be curious to know:)

My guess is that if you tell the nurse tomorrow you want to do IVF, then you just tell her and they will start working on getting you ready for it. I believe that's all that Mrs. McIrish had to do (I remember she too was wondering about it a few weeks ago) but she can speak better to this than I can. I think moving to IVF is a wise choice, good luck!

February 12th, 2012, 3:13 pm #4

Thanks!
I don't have any advice on doing IVF. However, I also will be starting IVF in the next cycle or two. So, I just wanted to say good luck with that. With regard to temperatures, my temperatures always remained high...until I stopped taking the progesterone. When I first started taking the suppositories, my lining was checked (around 7 or 8dpo) and my lining had not converted. So, they increased the amount of suppositories I was taking. I haven't had any problems with my lining converting since then.

NancyMN
NancyMN

February 12th, 2012, 3:31 pm #5

Thanks for sharing ths info aboutthem checking to see if the lining has converted and giving more support if it has not. I have heard this term a few times, but not sure what it means completely. what kind of pattern are they looking to see, and if it doens't look "right" is it always a sign of low P4?

teresa
teresa

February 12th, 2012, 3:46 pm #6

I don't have any advice on doing IVF. However, I also will be starting IVF in the next cycle or two. So, I just wanted to say good luck with that. With regard to temperatures, my temperatures always remained high...until I stopped taking the progesterone. When I first started taking the suppositories, my lining was checked (around 7 or 8dpo) and my lining had not converted. So, they increased the amount of suppositories I was taking. I haven't had any problems with my lining converting since then.
i found that lout last week. i am cycle day 28 today. my temps have dropped since cycle day 25. im taking endometrin 100mg 3x a day. surprised the temps dropped so much...since ive been taking the p4. im going to ask tomorrow about this. im concerned

Sara H
Sara H

February 12th, 2012, 4:15 pm #7

Thanks!
every month, including my successful one. My temps would dip around AF time. They are just a guide, you really can't go by them, OK? If you are not getting AF then the p4 is doing it's job.

Another thought: As far as moving to IVF you just ask Cooper, they will do that for you but: You have only been with them half a cycle. Not even a whole cycle and this cycle, like my first with them, was not perfect going in anyway. Honestly, I would really consider, after your beta, doing one whole cycle with them before IVF. Not only will you know more about your cycle but you also might not need IVF. They always seem to try the first cycle you are there, just in case, but it was not a full cycle so it's so hard to tell.

You'll save a bunch of money, even with your good insuracne, since they don't pay for gas, your time and the days you'll need off.... plus, IVF is no fun.

Just my advice but try one more cycle, just one.

Whatever you chose will be right for you, I know it, and very very good luck!
Hugs!
Sara H

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 12th, 2012, 4:42 pm #8

Thanks!
The nurses may tell you that you can't do IVF until you have an "IVF consultation" with a doctor, which puts you back in waiting mode if you want Check and not the others - you can bluff and insist to the nurses that you already discussed IVF at your first consult and that should count as your IVF consult (but you were not interested in IVF a month ago so ?)...or get on the list for IVF consult while trying natural with monitoring for another month.

teresa
teresa

February 12th, 2012, 4:45 pm #9

every month, including my successful one. My temps would dip around AF time. They are just a guide, you really can't go by them, OK? If you are not getting AF then the p4 is doing it's job.

Another thought: As far as moving to IVF you just ask Cooper, they will do that for you but: You have only been with them half a cycle. Not even a whole cycle and this cycle, like my first with them, was not perfect going in anyway. Honestly, I would really consider, after your beta, doing one whole cycle with them before IVF. Not only will you know more about your cycle but you also might not need IVF. They always seem to try the first cycle you are there, just in case, but it was not a full cycle so it's so hard to tell.

You'll save a bunch of money, even with your good insuracne, since they don't pay for gas, your time and the days you'll need off.... plus, IVF is no fun.

Hugs!
Sara H
Sara,
Its my age, I am very concerned. Its not wise for me to do too many natural cycles, everything and so many on this board, have told me to go to IVF before 40 and I want to make sure if it doesnt work the first time I can squeeze in another round.
If I was in my early 30's I would not be so panicked...but really- statistics show after 40 my chances of IVF even working drop. Alot.
Thanks!

teresa
teresa

February 12th, 2012, 4:46 pm #10

Hugs!
Sara H
for march