Spotting still on day 14?

Spotting still on day 14?

gisg
gisg

June 30th, 2011, 3:21 pm #1

Hello Everyone,

Its really bizarre and never happened before but I am still spotting at day 14...usually AF is completely stopped by day 7 latest?
any idea whats going on?????????

thanks
gisg

bigboy
bigboy

June 30th, 2011, 4:15 pm #2

i have no idea...you are coming off of a natural cycle right?? that is a very long AF.

gisg
gisg

June 30th, 2011, 7:28 pm #3

today and my RE explained the spotting is coz the follicles are not producing enuf estrogen. I have two growing at 7.5 and 10.5 mm so he thinks as they grow more there should be enuf estrogen and the spotting should stop.

Wasn't very happy that AF was going on for so long as I knew something was amiss but hopefully things will turn around and the follies will grow.

Thanks bigboy for ur response....this is a natural cycle...

gisg

bigboy
bigboy

June 30th, 2011, 8:33 pm #4

huh, that one really stumped me, ive never heard of that!! doesnt sound like it is a huge deal though. the estogen part of it makese sense - i had estrogen/ovulatory spotting once before (my m/c in jan. actually).

BUT, we might ovulate around the same time! im at the beginning of my surge today, and i expect "posive" OPK tomorrow and then a POSITIVE OPK on saturday...and im CD12 today and you are CD14. we might have a 2ww together : )
ugh, not that it matters, at least for me. i seem to get nowhere with natural cycles.

gisg
gisg

July 1st, 2011, 1:18 am #5

yep! i am glad my RE had an explanation for it!
I wish I knew exactly when i'd ovulate ...unfortunately for me its not so accurate...my follicles tend to grow only a 1mm a day in contrast to usual 2mm a day so it takes a while so thats why my cycles are also longer....

i hope my spotting stops and the follicles grow healthy!
I have all hopes on natural cycles since i don't respond to stims

gisg

bigboy
bigboy

July 1st, 2011, 1:25 am #6

gl gisg!! seriously i hope this is YOUR month!!! the highlight of this cycle for me is POASing on the OPKs. seriously im getting so good at predicting O day like 3 days before it happens!!

gisg
gisg

July 1st, 2011, 1:27 am #7

ur lucky...i was sooo predictable the first time around!
gl to u too...i hope this is it for u too!

gisg

bigboy
bigboy

July 1st, 2011, 1:43 pm #8

...i know....im more regular now than i was when i went off bcp last october. back then i ovulated on like day 13-16, usually within that time frame. then after my first m/c in january it's been day 14 every time. weird. im nervous though, bc i know the day will come when i wont be regular and ill know why. every month is hard with the OPKs because i worry that this will be the month that it wont turn positive....

bigboy
bigboy

July 1st, 2011, 1:44 pm #9

ur lucky...i was sooo predictable the first time around!
gl to u too...i hope this is it for u too!

gisg
...i know....im more regular now than i was when i went off bcp last october. back then i ovulated on like day 13-16, usually within that time frame. then after my first m/c in january it's been day 14 every time. weird. im nervous though, bc i know the day will come when i wont be regular and ill know why. every month is hard with the OPKs because i worry that this will be the month that it wont turn positive....