spotting 3 days before beta

spotting 3 days before beta

CAROL
CAROL

May 22nd, 2011, 6:45 pm #1

Hi ladies, as you know i had transfer on may 13th. beta is wednesday. I started to spot this morning and i put in an extra suppository, it seems to be getting heavier. its red too. I had the same with my other 2 ivf's always start spotting 3 days before beta.
I just cant believe this is happening all over again. I wonder if its ever going to happen for us.

BabyDance
BabyDance

May 22nd, 2011, 8:44 pm #2

Sorry. (((((Big Hugs))))). Nt.

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

May 23rd, 2011, 12:43 am #3

Hi ladies, as you know i had transfer on may 13th. beta is wednesday. I started to spot this morning and i put in an extra suppository, it seems to be getting heavier. its red too. I had the same with my other 2 ivf's always start spotting 3 days before beta.
I just cant believe this is happening all over again. I wonder if its ever going to happen for us.
Have you made this known to the nurses in your prior cycles? That you spot 3 days before beta? This is VERY important information that they need to know.

It's already late today, but I would make sure to call them 1st thing in the a.m. In fact, I'd call the emergency number right now.

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 23rd, 2011, 1:11 pm #4

Thanks Mrs A. i just called now. I have always started spotting 3 days before beta with ivf. Do you know if its serious, i just thought that there was nothing i could do if AF comes its over.

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

May 23rd, 2011, 2:38 pm #5

not life-threatening type of serious but it is important information they need to know for handling your meds in the luteal phase.

I personally know of a woman who experienced the same and didn't do/say antyhing about it and Dr. Check later told her she should have called and that for next time they will change her luteal meds/dosing.

Spotting can be normal part of early pregnancy, but what you are saying is that now this is the 3rd IVF in which this has happened so therefore it is something that needs to be addresses for sure.

Keep us posted.

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 23rd, 2011, 3:25 pm #6

I called the nurse didnt say anything, she just said i can go take my preg test a day earlier. im going to call again

carol
carol

May 23rd, 2011, 4:50 pm #7

i called again, she said i would need 400mg twice daily next time intead of 200mg daily.

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

May 23rd, 2011, 9:51 pm #8

I knew that they would make a change. They don't like ANY spotting at all before beta. Next time, please please call in with anything. They can't help you unless you make them aware.