So, after much soul seaching and advice from my Grandfather..

So, after much soul seaching and advice from my Grandfather..

Sara H
Sara H

October 29th, 2011, 7:06 pm #1

and the wonderful advice and thoughts from all of you which DH and I talked about at great length...

DH and I believe we are going to try one IVF round.

My grandfather, sharp as a tack and 92, took me on a 2 mile walk and told me that he was proud of me for saving they way we do and being responsible but money is for spending and enjoying. Sometimes you have to take risks.

I love that man so much.

So, I believe, as of now, we are going for it. Due to travel I'm out this month, for ten days start on Thursday (day 10-20 of this cycle, the WORST!) so looks like my next cycle will start on the 20th or so of November.

I am scared (last time was had some very uncomfortable moments and was far from fun in any way. I seem to be very very sensitive to things going though my cervix, hurts like a bear...) and not looking forward to the roller coaster but hopeful.

Any advice on what I can do to help get ready for this cycle between now and then? I will be out of the country in the Middle East so I have to bring anything I need with me. (My tea is already packed! )

I am scared since my last unmonitored cycle I ended up with a cyst which I believe was from not ovulating fully. (My guess, by the way, but I seem to have trouble there and always use a trigger) I am very worried that will happen again.

So, best way to prep? Any thoughts?

Thanks, Ladies, you were all so kind and so helpful!
Sara H

maureen
maureen

October 30th, 2011, 1:32 am #2

He sounds very wise and caring.

My only advice for gearing up for the cycle is to consider doing a trigger shot during the previous cycle if you can. I've done them on my own several times because I have pretty accurate LH surges. I would hate to see your cycle delayed for cysts.

Rooting for you! Have a great trip.
Maureen

nadia80
nadia80

October 30th, 2011, 5:41 am #3

and the wonderful advice and thoughts from all of you which DH and I talked about at great length...

My grandfather, sharp as a tack and 92, took me on a 2 mile walk and told me that he was proud of me for saving they way we do and being responsible but money is for spending and enjoying. Sometimes you have to take risks.

I love that man so much.

So, I believe, as of now, we are going for it. Due to travel I'm out this month, for ten days start on Thursday (day 10-20 of this cycle, the WORST!) so looks like my next cycle will start on the 20th or so of November.

I am scared (last time was had some very uncomfortable moments and was far from fun in any way. I seem to be very very sensitive to things going though my cervix, hurts like a bear...) and not looking forward to the roller coaster but hopeful.

Any advice on what I can do to help get ready for this cycle between now and then? I will be out of the country in the Middle East so I have to bring anything I need with me. (My tea is already packed! )

I am scared since my last unmonitored cycle I ended up with a cyst which I believe was from not ovulating fully. (My guess, by the way, but I seem to have trouble there and always use a trigger) I am very worried that will happen again.

Sara H
I think he is as sharp as you say, he really did encourage you and give you hope though..I felt it

Go for it Sarah, prior to Nov 20th get yourself ready mentally... take your teas with you to the ME..and depending on where your going I know a good TCM in the MEeast I work here as an expat at the moment

if you are in the ME buy fresh Sage and cinnamon bark..i heard it's good while ttc. If you ar ethe neat the dead sea go!! it has healing minerals..ive only been there once for 20 minutes..but u stay longer.

Keep us updated!!!

Nadia

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

October 30th, 2011, 3:14 pm #4

I love that man so much.

Sara H
ITA with yur grandfather..go for it. After reading your posts..I have a feeling that if you didn't go for it..you might look back on that decision with regret. Wishing you all the best.

October 30th, 2011, 8:35 pm #5

I love that man so much.

Sara H
I am glad u came to a desirable decision. I am praying for u....

Age=28
FSH=28, AOAB, endo stage 4, right overy very small, left overy covered with endo,AFC 2, cash pay

3/2011 IVF #1 : 2 follicle, failed abnormal egg didn't fertilize

From 3/2011-9/2011 went to Re every other week and had a cyst or low AFC and couldn't start IVF

9/2011 IVF #2: EPP, stim for 15 long days, 1 follicle only, sudden E2 drop @ stim day 14,converted to IUI, BFN

October 31st, 2011, 12:26 pm #6

I love that man so much.

Sara H
Your grandpa rocks! nt

Cee
Cee

October 31st, 2011, 2:48 pm #7

I love that man so much.

Sara H
I'm glad you're going to go with IVF, I think you would have had regrets about not trying it again had you not. GL with it and have a good time in the ME!

Cee
Cee

October 31st, 2011, 2:52 pm #8

One of my favorite quotes is "You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take" - Wayne Gretzky - and I wanted to tell you that before and forgot. So take this shot, line it up really well, and just smack it with everything you've got!!