Should I cycle or not?

Should I cycle or not?

December 28th, 2011, 4:18 pm #1

I just got my results from yesterday and Cooper was basically asking me if I want to cycle this month or not. I started out with CD3 b/w last Friday with these results:

P - 0.65
E - 148
FSH - 24
LH - 29.9

I had a follie just under 10 on my left and then one on my right at 10.5.

I just got my results from yesterday and they are:

P - 0.5
E - 141
FSH - 24
LH - 33

I have a 12.5mm follicle on my right and then one around 9 on my left (which Cooper isn't counting). They said if I want to cycle then to go back on Friday. I use donor sperm and IUI because of azoo, which is all out of pocket. Would you go ahead with these numbers? Part of me wants to because then I know I'll be monitored and can get my cycle and numbers regulated with prog and estrace in the luteal phase, and start next cycle off with better numbers...

December 28th, 2011, 4:34 pm #2

Were u on estynil? How much does Ds cost each cycle?

Please excuse any typos, typed from my cell phone!!!

IVF #1...no fertilization
IVF #2...E2 drop, canceled
IVF #3...E2 drop, canceled

December 28th, 2011, 4:40 pm #3

I just got my results from yesterday and Cooper was basically asking me if I want to cycle this month or not. I started out with CD3 b/w last Friday with these results:

P - 0.65
E - 148
FSH - 24
LH - 29.9

P - 0.5
E - 141
FSH - 24
LH - 33

I have a 12.5mm follicle on my right and then one around 9 on my left (which Cooper isn't counting). They said if I want to cycle then to go back on Friday. I use donor sperm and IUI because of azoo, which is all out of pocket. Would you go ahead with these numbers? Part of me wants to because then I know I'll be monitored and can get my cycle and numbers regulated with prog and estrace in the luteal phase, and start next cycle off with better numbers...
Hi CeeMonkey. I know you from the other board but I have a different name on this one. Hi!!!! I am going to admit that I don't know that much about Cooper's way of doing things, so please educate me. To me, it seems like you have two follicles and a good estrogen level. For IUI, I would think that's what you need. At this point, I sort of ignore the FSH because it's going to go up and down and again, I don't know about the other numbers. I guess I'm not that much help...lol. I can't wait to hear what others write and best of luck to you.

Cee
Cee

December 28th, 2011, 4:52 pm #4

Were u on estynil? How much does Ds cost each cycle?

I had to take last cycle off because I had my appendix out, and therefore I'm not on anything at all right now. Those numbers are me, au naturale, LOL. DS costs around $650 for one vial including shipping, then the IUI is another $265 on top of that.

Cee
Cee

December 28th, 2011, 4:54 pm #5

Hi CeeMonkey. I know you from the other board but I have a different name on this one. Hi!!!! I am going to admit that I don't know that much about Cooper's way of doing things, so please educate me. To me, it seems like you have two follicles and a good estrogen level. For IUI, I would think that's what you need. At this point, I sort of ignore the FSH because it's going to go up and down and again, I don't know about the other numbers. I guess I'm not that much help...lol. I can't wait to hear what others write and best of luck to you.
Good to "see" you over here. I hope you find this board helpful as well!

Thanks for the encouragement, I'm sure I will probably go on ahead with this. Not necessarily to hope to get anything out of it except for good preparation for our next cycle, really.

AJ
AJ

December 28th, 2011, 5:39 pm #6

P - 0.65
E - 148
FSH - 24
LH - 29.9

P - 0.5
E - 141
FSH - 24
LH - 33

If you didn't do the IUI, could you still do the P4 and estrace for next cycle? Would Friday just be for monitoring or for the IUI? If it's just for monitoring, I'd be inclined to go and make the decision with those results- see what happens with the E2. Women get pg on not-so-perfect cycles all the time:)

December 28th, 2011, 5:53 pm #7

P - 0.65
E - 148
FSH - 24
LH - 29.9

P - 0.5
E - 141
FSH - 24
LH - 33

I don't really know what to say, if I were to cycle I would do it when I was on estinyl and full monitoring. I get better results that way. But I am not an RE.

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

December 28th, 2011, 6:57 pm #8

P - 0.65
E - 148
FSH - 24
LH - 29.9

P - 0.5
E - 141
FSH - 24
LH - 33

I could be totally off base but I thought an LH level over 20 meant you were surging? If that is the case, I don't think your egg is mature since your E2 is too low and the follie isn't big enough. I'd hate to waste the money i if you are about to ovulate.

Erin
Erin

December 28th, 2011, 7:53 pm #9

Did they say why they think it is high and what that would mean for your cycle? I too would be concerned about starting to cycle with an LH over 20. Either way, wishing you lots of luck!

December 28th, 2011, 8:46 pm #10

I could be totally off base but I thought an LH level over 20 meant you were surging? If that is the case, I don't think your egg is mature since your E2 is too low and the follie isn't big enough. I'd hate to waste the money i if you are about to ovulate.
Oh I missed this on my first read through. I thought she was on cycle day 3. If you are near ovulation then I would say that your egg or eggs are not mature.