Seeking HIgh FSH Friendly RE in Atlanta

Seeking HIgh FSH Friendly RE in Atlanta

August 1st, 2011, 3:34 am #1

I am 36 years old, *Comments-I have DD conceived naturally, pregnancy and birth without complications in 2007.End Commments* TTC since Sept. 2009. OB/GYN put me on metformin for 6 months in 2010, with temp, OPK's. I had 1 cycle with clomid in Jan. 2011, was poor responder, completed hysterosalpingogram Jan 2011 and bloodwork revealed DOR, FSH 26.8 and AMH .016. Seen RE in May 2011 who retested with same results and completed day 4 ultrasound which revealed 2 follicles. RE stated DE or adoption were best options. I have taken a few months to process and doing some research and want to explore other treatment options using OE. I have never taken any other stim or trigger meds, nor cycles of IUI or IVF and am seeking any insight and support. I live in the metro Atlanta area and am considering changing to RE who is more High FSH friendly. I currently am seeing Dr. Hasty @ ACRM however, I have been told Dr. Toledo AT RBA is friendly to High FSH???? Any suggestions on treatment protocol, RE's, anything at all will be appreciated! Hugs and baby dust:)

Alli
Alli

August 1st, 2011, 5:09 pm #2

Hi! I'm in Nashville and the south pretty much sucks for high fsh friendly RE's. My clinic here said 5 follies or no ER. They camcel 25% of 35 yrs and younger so what does that tell you!! With ATL's flights, I'd be tempted to travel too if u can afford it. I considered consulting with Toledo bc I heard he was great. I ended up having success with Dr. A at SIRM St. Louis. I have triplets (!!) from a day 3 afc of 2. Dr. A's bedside manner was so amazing that I never tried anyone else. Try to do a search for Toledo on here.

If u continue to have counts like that, you need a RE who will go to ER with one follie. There is Dr. A as i said amd also Dr. Check in NJ near Philly airport. Good luck to you

August 1st, 2011, 7:45 pm #3

Hey Alli,
so sorry to barge in, but I have been seriously considering Dr. A at SIRM in St. Louis. I was thinking about asking if anyone had been there when I read your post.
Congrats on triplets!! what a blessing!!!
I am 44 and live near Atlanta. I'm pretty much set on DE. I have been considering several places,(RBA, Atlanta; Florida Reprod. Institute, Jacksonville to name a few) but SIRM seems to have a good rep. especially Dr. A. I don't know if one place is better than another, really. It's hard to know what to do.

I tried to find about their costs on the website, but I think you probably have to schedule an appointment first. I was hoping to get all my initial testing done with a local RE first, not sure what SIRM's preferences are concerning that.
I don't really have a question (well only a zillion or so...lol) but I guess just seeing someone who has gone there with such great success really brightened my day (which is really needed today!
thanks for posting,
Best wishes to you and your little ones!!

Alli
Alli

August 1st, 2011, 8:37 pm #4

I loved him! I don't know much about their DE program. Honestly, I think I would have gone to RBA for their frozen egg bank if we reached the point of needing DE. I think SIRM's updated general stats are on Sher's blog www.ivfauthority.com. If you need STL's de stats, I would call or schedule a free consult. Hope success comes your way!

And yes- such a blessing. I look at them and just cannot believe they are mine.

August 2nd, 2011, 2:14 am #5

Do you mind elaborating on RBA? (Hope I'm not being too nosey) I have really been leaning there. Love the idea of not having to sinc up with a donor. I have concerns about not being able to do genetic testing on the embryo (I think that's right?, frozen doesn't allow it) but from everything I've read and all the posts I could find, it doesn't seem to be a concern to anyone.

Boy, does that option, plus their guarantee look really good. I've read so many good things about RBA.
thanks!

Alli
Alli

August 2nd, 2011, 7:26 pm #6

I really didn't into many details beyond lurking on that board. I know there are several ladies over there with experience.

Piper
Piper

August 2nd, 2011, 8:58 pm #7

I am 36 years old, *Comments-I have DD conceived naturally, pregnancy and birth without complications in 2007.End Commments* TTC since Sept. 2009. OB/GYN put me on metformin for 6 months in 2010, with temp, OPK's. I had 1 cycle with clomid in Jan. 2011, was poor responder, completed hysterosalpingogram Jan 2011 and bloodwork revealed DOR, FSH 26.8 and AMH .016. Seen RE in May 2011 who retested with same results and completed day 4 ultrasound which revealed 2 follicles. RE stated DE or adoption were best options. I have taken a few months to process and doing some research and want to explore other treatment options using OE. I have never taken any other stim or trigger meds, nor cycles of IUI or IVF and am seeking any insight and support. I live in the metro Atlanta area and am considering changing to RE who is more High FSH friendly. I currently am seeing Dr. Hasty @ ACRM however, I have been told Dr. Toledo AT RBA is friendly to High FSH???? Any suggestions on treatment protocol, RE's, anything at all will be appreciated! Hugs and baby dust:)
He is high-fsh friendly and a super nice, compassionate guy to boot. And RBA has one of the best labs in the country.

August 2nd, 2011, 11:09 pm #8

Can you tell me about your experience? I put a call into Dr. Hasty @ ACRM as I have seen her for consult and bloodwork but she basically said DE or adoption is best options and I don't know how confident I feel in her ability to treat my high fsh if she doesn't believe it will be successful!?!? Does that make sense?

August 3rd, 2011, 1:26 am #9

I really didn't into many details beyond lurking on that board. I know there are several ladies over there with experience.
I will definitely try that.
best wishes!!

August 3rd, 2011, 8:26 pm #10

Can you tell me about your experience? I put a call into Dr. Hasty @ ACRM as I have seen her for consult and bloodwork but she basically said DE or adoption is best options and I don't know how confident I feel in her ability to treat my high fsh if she doesn't believe it will be successful!?!? Does that make sense?
I actually cycled with a different RBA doctor quite a few years ago. Dr. Toledo was there at the time and I loved him as well (saw him once for a procedure but have had lots of friends see him)

He does several different protocols for high fsh-ers and is honest but encouraging. RBa also has a very, very good lab.