Scrambling to Get paperwork for Cooper in time for Mon. Will they let me start? (DS ment)

Scrambling to Get paperwork for Cooper in time for Mon. Will they let me start? (DS ment)

Michelle in SF
Michelle in SF

July 28th, 2012, 3:53 am #1

Hi Ladies,
I think I really blew it. I thought I had more time to get my paperwork together, labs, patient files, etc before starting my IVF cycle at Cooper. (I got my period a little early last night at 11pm).I just had a failed cycle in June and I thought everything that clinic needed, must be what cooper needs. I was wondering if I post what I need and when I think I can get it done, will they let me go ahead? Are they a really strict infertility clinic? The following items are missing: Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Mycoplasa and Ureaplasma cultures. (All over a year old). I've never had a APTT prothrombin time done. Husband is mising Hypo-osmotic Swelling (HOS) test and anti-sperm Antibodies. He has never failed a seman analysis, we have a son conceived before my ovarian surgeries and my lone follicle that was collected in June fertilized.

So I'm getting the Chlamdia and Gonorrhea cultures done tomorrow (sat) at planned parenthood, but they don't do Mycoplasma or Ureaplasma. I guess I could have them fax me a lab slip for the APTT prothrombin time. Also the Chlamydia and Gonorrhea are urine tests at PP, not vaginal swabs, will they accept these. And I could try and get in on monday to do the other vaginal swabs.

I wish I had had this list sooner. I really, really don't want to wait another month to start. Also, I am an extremely slow starter and my e2 takes forever to climb.

I'm calling the nursing line at 4:30am my time when they open, or should I leave a message on it tonight? I think I heard IVF nurses line message say they don't want messages left overnight? Did I hear them wrong?

Thank you for any advice!
Michelle

Michelle in SF
Michelle in SF

July 28th, 2012, 5:46 pm #2

It's not gonna happen....so bummed!!! oh well.

July 28th, 2012, 7:35 pm #3

Hi Ladies,
I think I really blew it. I thought I had more time to get my paperwork together, labs, patient files, etc before starting my IVF cycle at Cooper. (I got my period a little early last night at 11pm).I just had a failed cycle in June and I thought everything that clinic needed, must be what cooper needs. I was wondering if I post what I need and when I think I can get it done, will they let me go ahead? Are they a really strict infertility clinic? The following items are missing: Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Mycoplasa and Ureaplasma cultures. (All over a year old). I've never had a APTT prothrombin time done. Husband is mising Hypo-osmotic Swelling (HOS) test and anti-sperm Antibodies. He has never failed a seman analysis, we have a son conceived before my ovarian surgeries and my lone follicle that was collected in June fertilized.

So I'm getting the Chlamdia and Gonorrhea cultures done tomorrow (sat) at planned parenthood, but they don't do Mycoplasma or Ureaplasma. I guess I could have them fax me a lab slip for the APTT prothrombin time. Also the Chlamydia and Gonorrhea are urine tests at PP, not vaginal swabs, will they accept these. And I could try and get in on monday to do the other vaginal swabs.

I wish I had had this list sooner. I really, really don't want to wait another month to start. Also, I am an extremely slow starter and my e2 takes forever to climb.

I'm calling the nursing line at 4:30am my time when they open, or should I leave a message on it tonight? I think I heard IVF nurses line message say they don't want messages left overnight? Did I hear them wrong?

Michelle
or did you just decide to hold off?

I went for a consult late last Oct and started IVF with my next cycle. My cultures were out of date too so I went to my Family practioner's office to get the cultures done. That was on a Thursday. By Saturday I was instructed to trigger for a Monday morning transfer. I'm not even sure the results were in by the time I went to ER.

They were also asking MH to get the ASA test but I told them that since were were doing ICSI anyway, I couldn't see why this was necessary. I asked the lab to test his ER sample.

If you really want to cycle this month, I'd call again on Monday. You may get a totally different answer if you talk to a different nurse.

Nancy
Nancy

July 28th, 2012, 9:15 pm #4

Hi Ladies,

Michelle
I think they will let you start as long as the tests can be ready before retrieval/transfer. As for the asa and his they can do it the day of retrieval. I also had an issue getting those done for my dh ahead of time and they just did it the day of transfer.

My guess is you will be fine! Let us know how it goes...

Nancy

Michelle in SF
Michelle in SF

July 29th, 2012, 4:36 am #5

or did you just decide to hold off?

I went for a consult late last Oct and started IVF with my next cycle. My cultures were out of date too so I went to my Family practioner's office to get the cultures done. That was on a Thursday. By Saturday I was instructed to trigger for a Monday morning transfer. I'm not even sure the results were in by the time I went to ER.

They were also asking MH to get the ASA test but I told them that since were were doing ICSI anyway, I couldn't see why this was necessary. I asked the lab to test his ER sample.

If you really want to cycle this month, I'd call again on Monday. You may get a totally different answer if you talk to a different nurse.
I just don't think they are going to fax the doctors order over on monday to oot clinic without everything. and since we are three hours in the wrong direction i lose so much time!

Michelle in SF
Michelle in SF

July 29th, 2012, 4:37 am #6

I think they will let you start as long as the tests can be ready before retrieval/transfer. As for the asa and his they can do it the day of retrieval. I also had an issue getting those done for my dh ahead of time and they just did it the day of transfer.

Nancy
This might just work after all!! yay!

smrc
smrc

July 30th, 2012, 12:29 am #7

Nancy
did an IVF at C.ooper last year on very short notice when we had 2 even sized follicles which were worth proceeding with - we did my DH's infectious disease panel the day of ER and managed to cover off most everything else between CD 6 and ER - so my guess is so long as they will be a bit accommodating, you will be able to move ahead. GL!