Sara h. - this one's for you (P4) ment.

Sara h. - this one's for you (P4) ment.

bigboy
bigboy

August 7th, 2011, 4:31 pm #1

so my 7 dpo progesterone is 28.3. and you know what? i wish it wasnt so good! what is the point of having these great progesterone levels if i cant get pregnant!!? frustrating : )

Sara H
Sara H

August 7th, 2011, 11:28 pm #2

All my numbers were perfect and ZIP! Nada. Nothing!

GGGRRRAAAAGGGRRRAAA!

But, to add to the irony?

I used to teach sex ed. Yea, I taught people how not to get pregnant. Wow, guess I learned too well!

Irony sucks.

Good luck, my fingers are so crossed for you!
Now, I am off to drink my beer!

Hugs,
Sara H.

bigboy
bigboy

August 8th, 2011, 1:00 am #3

ha ha!! thing is, when you are that young, even if you have DOR you probably would get pg, the super young ones are just sooo fertile.

have fun with your beers!! im definitely drinking tonight too!!! : )

Sara H
Sara H

August 8th, 2011, 1:29 am #4

especially if that knowledge saved an young women and men from the heartache later of not being in control of their fertility and having to make hard choices. I hope I helped at least a few people, and I think I did.

BUT....

The irony is rich! I mean, really? I know every way to keep FROM getting PG... you'd think I'd figure out one TO get PG! And, at this point, I qualify as having tried everything!

If I could go back I would add to my class that, if you seriously know that at some point you want to have kids, that at age 26 or so you start asking for a yearly blood test for your levels.

But, I did not know back then or I would not be in this boat now.

So, as soon as my DH and I know what we want to do as far as adoption and such and my DH is ready for us to "come out" about our infertility, I will be posting a yearly reminder to all my friends on 'Facebook' and tell them to pass it on! 'Cause knowing is half the battle!

Enjoy the beer!

bigboy
bigboy

August 9th, 2011, 12:18 am #5

preg mentioned

...have you guys been very private about your IF? ive been more open about it lately....honestly it is much easier for me to tell people that i dont know very well and that i know i wont see on a regular basis or ever again in fact. it's weird.
are you thinking about DE? i dont know how you feel about it really....i know you are worried about your ute being receptive and all that...i think they can give you a slew of tests though to make sure it is okay...for what it's worth i think you should give it a shot if you decide you dont want to do this anymore. seriously im all about DE bc of the success rates...even though i know it very well could not work....i know that is what im going to do....i really liked being pregnant and i would like to at least experience that again....

Sara H
Sara H

August 9th, 2011, 2:17 pm #6

We won't be able to do donor egg due to cost. No way can we take that risk since we have no idea if I can even carry a pregnancy. And, we saved money over the years to have two kids, we have now chosen to have one since we spent half that on infertility. Plus, DH has been very sweet and said that if it is not both of us genetically then it is OK to be neither of us. That is why we are so interested in donor embryo.

I, however, have never been someone who needs to be pregnant.I just want to be a mom. In fact if someone wanted to be a surrogate for me I would be thrilled! However, if we do donor embryo I will be very happy since I will do everything I can to give the little bean the best I can while it is growing.

If adoption works for us that would be wonderful, too. When I was younger I always said I wanted to have one and adopt if we wanted more since there are so many people in the world already. (Yeah, I'm kind of a tree hugger!) So, looks like we will probably be skipping strait to the adoption part.

We have been very private about it. I just can't stand the pity, bad advice or people watching to see if they can figure it out... "did she have a drink, did she not, did she gain a few pounds, is she looking a little rounder?" Good grief, I started the family tongues a-wagging when I sat at Easter dinner with my hand on my tummy. They thought it was a sign... I was just still feeling icky from a UTI. HA!

As far as tests I have passed them all... seem all that is wrong with me is eggs. Yeah, just that one little thing...

I hope you don't need to go to donor egg but if you do good luck!
Hugs,
Sara H