Running FSH stat....Help please

Running FSH stat....Help please

Sara Q
Sara Q

May 25th, 2012, 11:07 pm #1

Hi Everyone,

We are attempting to do OOT monitoring with C.ooper and to gear up towards at IVF cycle either next month or in August. My local clinic has always done my monitoring when I went other places (well, that only happened one other time, but they did the monitoring then.) Anyhow, for the past 2+ years they've always been able to run FSH blood work same day - stat. Apparently however, they just changed their "system" and FSH blood work now can take up to 3 days....I had my blood drawn on Wednesday afternoon and am still waiting on the results. That's just not going to work with C.ooper as they change your protocol based on these results.....ugh. I'm glad we found out this month, which was just a "waiting" month, but still it's incredibly frustrating and I have no idea what we're going to do when we actually do the IVF.

How did you all find someplace that will do FSH same day? Do you have any suggestions for finding somewhere to get the blood work drawn quickly and competently? I really, really don't want to try and find another local RE because it's so much damn work.....but if that's my only option I supposed that's what will have to happen.

Thanks,
Sara Q

Ashley
Ashley

May 26th, 2012, 12:19 am #2

Any lab can do a blood test same day. I am with Cooper and not using another RE for monitoring . You should be fine with QUest and LAb COrp. I am in Long ISland and using LIJ Labs.

summerwind03
summerwind03

May 26th, 2012, 12:05 pm #3

that many LabCOrps and QUEsts can do same day, but not all locations, so be sure to call and check in advance. It was much trickier to find a place to do ultrasounds than for same day bloodwork. I'm shocked that ANY RE can stay in business and not do same day blood results!

Teresa
Teresa

May 26th, 2012, 3:25 pm #4

Hi Everyone,

We are attempting to do OOT monitoring with C.ooper and to gear up towards at IVF cycle either next month or in August. My local clinic has always done my monitoring when I went other places (well, that only happened one other time, but they did the monitoring then.) Anyhow, for the past 2+ years they've always been able to run FSH blood work same day - stat. Apparently however, they just changed their "system" and FSH blood work now can take up to 3 days....I had my blood drawn on Wednesday afternoon and am still waiting on the results. That's just not going to work with C.ooper as they change your protocol based on these results.....ugh. I'm glad we found out this month, which was just a "waiting" month, but still it's incredibly frustrating and I have no idea what we're going to do when we actually do the IVF.

How did you all find someplace that will do FSH same day? Do you have any suggestions for finding somewhere to get the blood work drawn quickly and competently? I really, really don't want to try and find another local RE because it's so much damn work.....but if that's my only option I supposed that's what will have to happen.

Thanks,
Sara Q
Quest labs when I was monitoring with C. ooper. I live right outside NYC in Q uee ns. I made sure I called for an appointment prior to the day and tried to get the earliest one I could, 7 am really because C ooper wanted the results by 3. And I always put in a call to them around 1 to see where they were at and to confirm with them that they sent C ooper the results. I never had a problem because it was stat, they were really good about getting it to them. Good luck!!

Nancy
Nancy

May 26th, 2012, 3:37 pm #5

Hi Everyone,

Thanks,
Sara Q
We have both quest and lab corp in Minneapolis but neither one does lh stat but they do fsh p4 and e2 stat. Crazy huh? At any rate what I ended up doing was calling all local hospitals and found 2 that do it stat. So perhaps you could try that? That ended up being my only option. But to make it crazier the hospital I ended up going to for lh stat doesn't do e2 stat-go figure!!! So I have to get blood drawn at 2 places. Pita but that is my only option. I also found the other hospital that did it stat but not in time for cooper because they draw in one place but send out the results so there was no guarantee so when you call must make sure you ask about specific timing.

Good luck!!
Nancy

Sara Q
Sara Q

May 26th, 2012, 7:55 pm #6

Hi Everyone,

Thanks,
Sara Q
Thank you all so much. I agree that it's riduclous not to run FSH, E2, OR LH stat! (And honestly, I wonder if the repercussions of them doing this will come back to bite them in the arse....

So it looks like my best bet might be to find a Quest or Labcorps nearby or call some local hospitals. I can do that - a PITA for sure but doable.

Thanks again!

Sara Q

smrc
smrc

May 29th, 2012, 3:03 am #7

is really not as much of a PITA as it may seem - I have gone this route several times when traveling when I needed b/w done and always had the results faxed same day without any issue. Their websites even allow you to book an appt time online usually. GL!

Sara Q
Sara Q

May 30th, 2012, 11:53 pm #8

This is really good to know. (And it helps me put what's a PITA in perspective...LOL.) It seems that I may have a lower tolerance for IVF "busywork" than I used to have....ha.

AJ
AJ

May 31st, 2012, 3:39 am #9

With using Lab.c.orp for b/w and an imaging center for u/s......even though it can be a PITA to go to 2 different places, Ive learned to appreciate the fact that they don't have any opinions about what I'm doing, so I don't have the added stress of their comments or unsolicited advice:). Best of luck to you. I really hope this cycle works out for you!!!