Quick question about BD timing - does my DH need to change his flight?

Quick question about BD timing - does my DH need to change his flight?

smrc
smrc

January 21st, 2012, 2:49 pm #1

Just wondering if I could get some help with BD timing - feel dumb for asking after 4 years of TTC! Should be an expert.

Am doing TI with Dr. C.heck this month.

My numbers have actually been ok this cycle (yesterday -CD 12 - 1 follie 19; e2 604; lh 4.4; fsh 13.3; p4 0.6)

I expected to surge yesterday but because LH still lowish, C.ooper told me to trigger tonight at 6pm.

My question is: my DH has a flight booked for 1:30pm tomorrow afternoon - I have asked him to switch it to the evening (8:30pm) so that we can BD as close to O as possible (which presumably will be 24-36 hrs after I trigger at 6pm tonight?).

Is it worth him switching his flight? It will cost us about $400 to change the flight.

It's really a matter of BDing in morning vs evening tomorrow.

Sorry if TMI.

Just trying to give us best chances possible.

We will have BD'd the day of trigger and 2 days before.

TIA.

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

January 21st, 2012, 3:53 pm #2

Have you BDed so far? When does DH return?

BabyDance
BabyDance

January 21st, 2012, 4:00 pm #3

Just wondering if I could get some help with BD timing - feel dumb for asking after 4 years of TTC! Should be an expert.

My numbers have actually been ok this cycle (yesterday -CD 12 - 1 follie 19; e2 604; lh 4.4; fsh 13.3; p4 0.6)

I expected to surge yesterday but because LH still lowish, C.ooper told me to trigger tonight at 6pm.

My question is: my DH has a flight booked for 1:30pm tomorrow afternoon - I have asked him to switch it to the evening (8:30pm) so that we can BD as close to O as possible (which presumably will be 24-36 hrs after I trigger at 6pm tonight?).

Is it worth him switching his flight? It will cost us about $400 to change the flight.

Sorry if TMI.

TIA.

This always stressed me out beyond belief because of MF. Forgive me, but don't recall if you have this too. If you do, I (stressfully), would keep the flight the way it is and BD when he gets there, so he builds it up. If you don't, I'd take the earlier flight, and BD as much as possible. Praying for you. xoxo BD

smrc
smrc

January 21st, 2012, 4:02 pm #4

Have you BDed so far? When does DH return?
Hi there - yes we BD'd thurs night, fri night (last night), will BD again tonight and worse case scenario tomorrow morning (with trigger tonight at 6). DH won't be back til Friday so this will be it.

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

January 21st, 2012, 4:04 pm #5

Sorry if TMI.

TIA.

My understanding of your post is that DH has to leave tomorrow on a 1:30 flight. Yes? BD tonight with trigger and before he leaves. I wouldn't spend the $$ for a few hours difference on Bding later in the day tomorrow. The sperm from tonight, tomorrow am should be there when the egg comes out later in the day. Just my 2Cents!

smrc
smrc

January 21st, 2012, 4:06 pm #6

This always stressed me out beyond belief because of MF. Forgive me, but don't recall if you have this too. If you do, I (stressfully), would keep the flight the way it is and BD when he gets there, so he builds it up. If you don't, I'd take the earlier flight, and BD as much as possible. Praying for you. xoxo BD
The flight is actually leaving home for work in Canada so we can BD tonight (night of trigger) and tomorrow morning before he splits. I guess it means missing tomorrow night or Monday (36 hrs after trigger). Guess this could all be worse.

We do have morphology issues but I have never been concerned about BD too much - I don't think it would make much diff. Thanks and hope you're doing ok.

Antonialisa
Antonialisa

January 21st, 2012, 4:11 pm #7

Sorry if TMI.

TIA.

Congratulations - those are good numbers! According to Sami David's book, it's much better to BD before ovulation than try to catch it after. Sperm live in fertile cervical mucus for days and what's best is if they are already there in the fallopian tubes when you ovulate. This is why they suggest BDing every other day around ovulation. So in theory BD this morning should take care of ovulation over the next 48 hours but I know it feels better to do it closer. If you had a good post-coital test it should be fine.

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

January 21st, 2012, 4:53 pm #8

Hi there - yes we BD'd thurs night, fri night (last night), will BD again tonight and worse case scenario tomorrow morning (with trigger tonight at 6). DH won't be back til Friday so this will be it.
in there already

I wouldn't change the flight. I'd BD just right before he's leaving the house for the airport.

Good luck!!

smrc
smrc

January 21st, 2012, 5:59 pm #9

My understanding of your post is that DH has to leave tomorrow on a 1:30 flight. Yes? BD tonight with trigger and before he leaves. I wouldn't spend the $$ for a few hours difference on Bding later in the day tomorrow. The sperm from tonight, tomorrow am should be there when the egg comes out later in the day. Just my 2Cents!
and you have got it exactly right (my initial post wasn't very clear). We're going to leave his flight as is. Thanks again.

smrc
smrc

January 21st, 2012, 6:04 pm #10

Congratulations - those are good numbers! According to Sami David's book, it's much better to BD before ovulation than try to catch it after. Sperm live in fertile cervical mucus for days and what's best is if they are already there in the fallopian tubes when you ovulate. This is why they suggest BDing every other day around ovulation. So in theory BD this morning should take care of ovulation over the next 48 hours but I know it feels better to do it closer. If you had a good post-coital test it should be fine.
and the post-coital test (which we actually did with Dr. D.avid!) is the only test we actually passed in this whole journey I will keep DH's flight as is and hope for the best, with BD tonight and in the morning.

Our numbers were ok in the end but we did have a rocky start - FSH was 23 on CD5.

I'm sorry about your cycle this month - I am keeping my fingers crossed that a change of protocol will help you avoid a lead next time.