Question

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 26th, 2012, 1:33 am #1

Is accutane bad for high fshers?

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 26th, 2012, 1:39 am #2

it's bad for people in general. Do a search on this site, some people think it lead to their infertility.

I'd avoid it like crazy.

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 26th, 2012, 12:52 pm #3

So I'm dealing with some acne and nothing OTC is helping. It's been persistent and ugly. I want it gone. What have other people used?

I used it
I used it

March 26th, 2012, 3:31 pm #4

RE & derm. I used acutane years ago & it was the only thing that worked. I have no regrets even if it did have consequences. Dealing with acne is devastating to your self-esteem. It was a nightmare.

You can't ttc on it, so if you are on this board, is it even an option for you? Maybe there is a link to infertility. I wouldn't know since I haven't looked, but anecdotal me-too posts on a board are not scientific evidence.

Sara Q
Sara Q

March 26th, 2012, 4:59 pm #5

Is accutane bad for high fshers?
Hi,

I used Accuntane as a teen when I had pretty terrible acne. If I could go back and time and re-do over anything in my life, that might be the number one thing I would change. Even at the time, I could tell that something was wrong when I was talking it. And when they did my bloodwork on it, sure enough, my hormones were all over the place (high testosterone, hyper-thyroid, etc.)

I truly, truly believe that it was one of the factors (and probably the main factor) that led to my DOR and inability to get pregnant. I wrote about my situation on a forum once and I received over 50 messages from people who used Accuntane and found themselves in the same/similar infertility situation. I've also had at least 4 REs tell me that there is probably a link between the two, but that there's just not enough proof yet.

Do not use Acuntane. I cannot stress this enough. I know acne is devastating, but it's not as devastating as the consequences.

-Sara Q

Sara Q
Sara Q

March 26th, 2012, 5:01 pm #6

Honestly, proactive worked better for me than anything else - including Accuntane.

Piper
Piper

March 26th, 2012, 5:43 pm #7

Hi,

I used Accuntane as a teen when I had pretty terrible acne. If I could go back and time and re-do over anything in my life, that might be the number one thing I would change. Even at the time, I could tell that something was wrong when I was talking it. And when they did my bloodwork on it, sure enough, my hormones were all over the place (high testosterone, hyper-thyroid, etc.)

I truly, truly believe that it was one of the factors (and probably the main factor) that led to my DOR and inability to get pregnant. I wrote about my situation on a forum once and I received over 50 messages from people who used Accuntane and found themselves in the same/similar infertility situation. I've also had at least 4 REs tell me that there is probably a link between the two, but that there's just not enough proof yet.

Do not use Acuntane. I cannot stress this enough. I know acne is devastating, but it's not as devastating as the consequences.

-Sara Q
I believe that the link is more than anecdotal as well. And have heard the same from several REs as well.

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 26th, 2012, 7:03 pm #8

Honestly, proactive worked better for me than anything else - including Accuntane.
Tried proactive. Didnt work. I just don't know what to do! I'm in my mid 30s with acne!