post iui care at cooper

post iui care at cooper

December 19th, 2011, 8:57 pm #1

So I did an IUI on Friday and today is 3dpiui. I am putting 2 prog sup one AM, one PM. Is there any thing else I need to do? Any blood work to check prog or some thing like that. I called the nurse line, left a msg, they called me and I missed their call, she didn't even bother to answer my question as I left for on their answering machine, she just said " if u have a question, leave a msg again" I think cooper has a very bad system for nurses. I wonder if any one here has ever brought that to Dr. Check attention. Besides Nancy which I would say is a true angel, the rest r more and less like robots.

jnoels
jnoels

December 19th, 2011, 9:26 pm #2

Hi Anna -
Depending on what info they already have on you, they might just to bloods at 14 dpo. My very first cycle with them they did b/w and u/s at 7 dpo just to see what my body normally does, but haven't since. My guess is they don't need you to do anything until the 14 dpo b/w.

Also, if you leave a message on the nurses line and you miss their call back, call the front desk and ask to speak to a nurse - explain that you just missed a call.

I hope you hear back from them soon! And good luck!

December 19th, 2011, 9:42 pm #3

Use full info on the front desk call. Also thus is my first cycle with them so I am maybe a test on 7dpiui would be usefull information.

b&a72
b&a72

December 19th, 2011, 10:55 pm #4

Never did IUI there but did out of town IVF and the nurses are hit or miss. There is about 5 or 6 that do the callbacks and 1 inparticular I can't stand but for the most part they will call you back and answer your questions. I don't know if they monitor after IUI or not, I know most clinics don't after an IUI.

December 19th, 2011, 11:10 pm #5

I'm surprised they aren't having you get an ultrasound and blood work in a few days - to check your levels and make sure your lining has converted (especially since this is your first IUI with them). My first IUI cycle with them, I had an ultrasound and blood work at 8dpo. My lining had not converted and as a result, they increased my progesterone dosage. The second IUI cycle, I was also monitored at 8dpo - I guess to make sure the increased dosage worked (it did - my lining converted).

I know some people have had difficulty dealing with the nurses (especially being an out of town patient). However, I have to say I've been extremely happy with them (knock on wood). Good luck!

Cee
Cee

December 19th, 2011, 11:24 pm #6

So I did an IUI on Friday and today is 3dpiui. I am putting 2 prog sup one AM, one PM. Is there any thing else I need to do? Any blood work to check prog or some thing like that. I called the nurse line, left a msg, they called me and I missed their call, she didn't even bother to answer my question as I left for on their answering machine, she just said " if u have a question, leave a msg again" I think cooper has a very bad system for nurses. I wonder if any one here has ever brought that to Dr. Check attention. Besides Nancy which I would say is a true angel, the rest r more and less like robots.
A week after IUI they'll send you in for b/w & u/s. They want to check your P4 levels and then also will want to see if your lining has converted. Depending on that they may have you up your dose of P4. Being an OOT patient with Cooper sucks, you just have to make sure you stay on top of it.

With me, they have me start P4 the day after IUI and then I also take estrace once daily.

December 19th, 2011, 11:54 pm #7

No estrade for me, infact no one gave me the order for prog, I am just doing it myself. It has been a phone tag between me and cooper for the past 4 days, I wish they would leave a msg with instructions. It's so frustrating, reaching the US president is easier than reaching a cooper nurse.

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

December 20th, 2011, 1:07 am #8

unfortunately you just need to keep your cell phone glued to you on callback days and make it a priority to be available for the call.

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

December 20th, 2011, 1:11 am #9

I'm surprised they aren't having you get an ultrasound and blood work in a few days - to check your levels and make sure your lining has converted (especially since this is your first IUI with them). My first IUI cycle with them, I had an ultrasound and blood work at 8dpo. My lining had not converted and as a result, they increased my progesterone dosage. The second IUI cycle, I was also monitored at 8dpo - I guess to make sure the increased dosage worked (it did - my lining converted).

I know some people have had difficulty dealing with the nurses (especially being an out of town patient). However, I have to say I've been extremely happy with them (knock on wood). Good luck!
I never had any issues with the callback process. I was in-state but monitored as OOT. I made it a priority to have my cell phone glued to me. Plenty of times I was running like a lunatic down the hall at work trying to get to an area with good cell signal. Most of the times I made and when I didn't I would just call back if I had a question.

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

December 20th, 2011, 1:23 am #10

I did 2 IVF cycles and 1 natural with Cooper and all the nurses were great. Yes, on some days they were short with me but never left me feeling clueless. But I was also very sensitive to the fact that I was just one of probably a hundred women they were calling in a day. 100 women scattered in-state or across the country, some even overseas. Having to deal with OOT labs and u/s reports and chase down REs for instructions, call women, leave messages, re-calling women, leaving more messages...etc.

So I always made sure to do my part and be as prepared as possible since there were so many other moving parts.

I am still amazed that Cooper charges so very little for OOT monitoring.

I have a friend who is newly with Cooper. She was going to be OOT until her local clinic told her they'd charge her $1,000.00 just to fax over her results to Cooper. *just to fax over her results!!* That fee was on top of what they were charging her insurance for the labs and u/s.

How is the nurse system that you are use to?