Poll...Who had success...and who didn't?? (I want to get Jacqueline's question answered!)

Poll...Who had success...and who didn't?? (I want to get Jacqueline's question answered!)

April 10th, 2011, 2:36 am #1

Jaqueline posted about this below and I thought I would re-phrase it and see if we can get more responses on this over the next couple of days. Usually, we look for successes and I think we don't get the whole picture. I'm heading into cycle #2 (hopefully!) and I think it's good to be realistically optimistic.

So sorry for barging on Jacqueline's topic, but I have been thinking about posting this for a while so I figured this was a good time to bring it up.

Here's what I'm thinking:

Just post highest FSH, how long TTC and current status. And you can just post it on the message title. For example, "24, TTC 2 years, still trying" or "12.5, TTC 1 year, currently pg" or "15, TTC 4 years, moved on to DE"

I've been thinking about what a poster said during a recent board brawl that essentially accused us of being unrealistic in our expectations for a BFP. I thought this would be fair.

Or is this a terrible idea?

April 10th, 2011, 2:37 am #2

Highest FSH 16.9, TTC 1.5 years, still trying! n/t

Jenna
Jenna

April 10th, 2011, 2:56 am #3

Jaqueline posted about this below and I thought I would re-phrase it and see if we can get more responses on this over the next couple of days. Usually, we look for successes and I think we don't get the whole picture. I'm heading into cycle #2 (hopefully!) and I think it's good to be realistically optimistic.

So sorry for barging on Jacqueline's topic, but I have been thinking about posting this for a while so I figured this was a good time to bring it up.

Just post highest FSH, how long TTC and current status. And you can just post it on the message title. For example, "24, TTC 2 years, still trying" or "12.5, TTC 1 year, currently pg" or "15, TTC 4 years, moved on to DE"

I've been thinking about what a poster said during a recent board brawl that essentially accused us of being unrealistic in our expectations for a BFP. I thought this would be fair.

Add age and ask the ladies on pg board to come over and post (n/t)

Jamie
Jamie

April 10th, 2011, 3:11 am #4

FSH 20, age 39, tried 2.5 years before success, baby just born from IVF n/t

Used to be a regular here
Used to be a regular here

April 10th, 2011, 3:34 am #5

Fsh of 15 & 16 at 34. Very poor responder to meds. 3 ivfs. No success. Moved to DE. It won't be possible to get accurate stats. People move on from the boards with & without success, but you might draw out some old timer lurkers like me & get a decent representation of both sides. Those who succeeded & those who moved on.

April 10th, 2011, 3:36 am #6

Highest FSH 16.9, TTC 1.5 years, still trying! n/t
My age: 38 n/t

Anon
Anon

April 10th, 2011, 3:50 am #7

Highest 11.6, TTC 3 years, DD born in 2009 thru IVF @ 36 yrs old n/t

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 10th, 2011, 4:06 am #8

There aren't many success stories with my FSH being 25 at the highest.

CatMama75
CatMama75

April 10th, 2011, 4:49 am #9

FSH 20 at age 30, 3 failed IUIs, 6 failed IVFs, DE twins. Took over five yrs.

Susan_42
Susan_42

April 10th, 2011, 7:01 am #10

natural pg immediately after hsg test and the highest fsh of 19
pg at 42 yrs old, delivered 1 month before 43rd bday (beautiful girl now 1.5 yrs old)