Plz comment of this protocol (Mr A and all other Check Chicks plzzzz)

Plz comment of this protocol (Mr A and all other Check Chicks plzzzz)

June 17th, 2011, 2:04 am #1

So this doctor wants to try EPP, I ovulated yesterday and I will go next week for US and E2 test and then depending of AFC he is going to start me on two patches of estrogen change every other day and he continues till he sees 5 or 6 or more AFC if lining doesnt get very thick he continues with the patches if it gets we might need to freeze or something like that (my AFC is very little like 3 or 4)

Then I will go on about 225 of pure FSH no LH and then Ganirelex

This doctor during his visit mention Check and said he used to refer patient like me to him years ago but he said he now started using his protocol (and I quote I copy check protocol a little bit), but it seems like Check tries to keep his protocols and method a little secretively from other doctors, because this doctor said he finds out what check does from drug representative

So does it seem like what check would do?? or should I fly to NY from LA I have an appt with check on July 12th but havent bought my tickets yet.

Age=28
FSH=28, AOAB, endo stage 4, right overy very small, left overy covered with endo,1st IVf with 2 follicle failed abnormal egg didnt fertilize, DE speech Ugh...

BabyDance
BabyDance

June 17th, 2011, 1:15 pm #2

That doesn't sound like Check protocol, but it sounds like an appropriate protocol for you. Good luck!

June 17th, 2011, 2:19 pm #3

So this doctor wants to try EPP, I ovulated yesterday and I will go next week for US and E2 test and then depending of AFC he is going to start me on two patches of estrogen change every other day and he continues till he sees 5 or 6 or more AFC if lining doesnt get very thick he continues with the patches if it gets we might need to freeze or something like that (my AFC is very little like 3 or 4)

Then I will go on about 225 of pure FSH no LH and then Ganirelex

This doctor during his visit mention Check and said he used to refer patient like me to him years ago but he said he now started using his protocol (and I quote I copy check protocol a little bit), but it seems like Check tries to keep his protocols and method a little secretively from other doctors, because this doctor said he finds out what check does from drug representative

So does it seem like what check would do?? or should I fly to NY from LA I have an appt with check on July 12th but havent bought my tickets yet.

Age=28
FSH=28, AOAB, endo stage 4, right overy very small, left overy covered with endo,1st IVf with 2 follicle failed abnormal egg didnt fertilize, DE speech Ugh...
Check publishes a LOT of his unusual methods and trials and theories in peer reviewed publications. So, all your doc has to do is read the medical journals to get a good idea of what Check is doing. I can't imagine how your doc would find out what Check does through a drug representative, but maybe there is a rep that talks to Check and then talks to other docs. Sounds a little odd, though.

The EPP is tricky. It works wonderfully for some high FSHers and terribly for others. It can be suppressive, so if you try it and don't have a decent AFC, don't let a doc tell you it is the end. On the other hand, it is sometimes worth trying and some women seem to get a great result from pushing their FSH down.

I don't know what to tell you regarding the Check appt. I'd be inclined to tell you to keep it. If you have a consult with Check, you are set for a while if you decide to work with them, even if you try your local doc first.

June 17th, 2011, 2:20 pm #4

I agree with BabyDance. That doesn't really sound like a typical Check protocol.