Painful ovulation (TMI, pg ment)

Painful ovulation (TMI, pg ment)

Laura
Laura

May 1st, 2012, 10:19 pm #1

The past few cycles my ovulation pain has gotten worse; starting several days before ovulation now. Last cycle, it lasted 5 days. This cycle, I've had it for 3 days already and my OPK is still negative (It's only CD11). It hurts to sit, stand, walk around, go to the bathroom, and BD. I also feel like I have menstrual cramps when I pee and I'm constipated. All of this disappears immediately after O, so I know it's not a UTI or other infection. My OB just says I have "pelvic congestion" meaning varicose veins in my pelvis from my first pg, but I'm worried it's endometriosis. I don't have heavy AF though; I used to as a teen and on BCP but not recently.

I've had "mittleschmerz" ever since I was a teen, every month even when on BCP, but it's always been only a day or maybe 2. I've read that the buildup of mucus in the tubes can cause pain, and I get a lot of watery mucus at the same time as the pain, but I'm in so much pain, especially during BD!! So the only time during the month I'm supposed to BD, it hurts.

Anyone else have these symptoms turn out to be more than "mittleschmerz"? I'm in pain every other week now, since my ovulation pain lasts 1 week and I have cramps for a few days before and all during AF.

AJ
AJ

May 1st, 2012, 11:27 pm #2

Before mine was diagnosed/removed I would have a lot of discomfort a full week prior to O- sounds a lot like what you described. It truly felt like I was on stims or something. Sometimes I felt like I couldn't stand up straight, very bloated, and as soon as I O'd I felt back to normal. I would also feel moments of pressure in my pelvic area, as if I were going to pee my pants- LOL:) And I would have to go to the bathroom 2-3 times a night. AF started getting a lot heavier. Strangely, all symptoms but the heavier AF went away after I had the hysteroscopy to remove the fibroid. Hope you get it figured out:)

May 1st, 2012, 11:46 pm #3

The past few cycles my ovulation pain has gotten worse; starting several days before ovulation now. Last cycle, it lasted 5 days. This cycle, I've had it for 3 days already and my OPK is still negative (It's only CD11). It hurts to sit, stand, walk around, go to the bathroom, and BD. I also feel like I have menstrual cramps when I pee and I'm constipated. All of this disappears immediately after O, so I know it's not a UTI or other infection. My OB just says I have "pelvic congestion" meaning varicose veins in my pelvis from my first pg, but I'm worried it's endometriosis. I don't have heavy AF though; I used to as a teen and on BCP but not recently.

I've had "mittleschmerz" ever since I was a teen, every month even when on BCP, but it's always been only a day or maybe 2. I've read that the buildup of mucus in the tubes can cause pain, and I get a lot of watery mucus at the same time as the pain, but I'm in so much pain, especially during BD!! So the only time during the month I'm supposed to BD, it hurts.

Anyone else have these symptoms turn out to be more than "mittleschmerz"? I'm in pain every other week now, since my ovulation pain lasts 1 week and I have cramps for a few days before and all during AF.
I had very painful ovulation with endometriomas
Me- 30
Day 3- FSH 10.4, E2 42; Day 10- 16.6; Possible endo, slight anti sperm antibodies
DH- 30, low Morph
TTC 23 Cycles
2 Cycles on Clomid- BFN
3 Cycles on Femara & IUI- BFN
Now- Natural plus antioxidants, Acu/Herbs till IVF when we're ready emotionally

Teresa
Teresa

May 2nd, 2012, 12:28 am #4

I hate to say it and I hope I'm wrong but it sounds like a fibroid. I have the same symptoms you described and I have a fibroid. However, (lucky me)I also have mild endometriosis. But the endo never caused me constipation/having to go to the bathroom alot or the back pain to the degree this fibroid causes me.
Mention it to your doctor. I hope it's neither one of these things for your sake.
Teresa

Laura
Laura

May 2nd, 2012, 1:29 am #5

I have another OB apt in June, but I will call tomorrow and go back earlier. I would have also thought a fibroid or endo, but I thought those made bleeding very heavy. Either way, I will go back, thanks for sharing your stories. Ugh, I love my OB, but she doesn't have any u/s equipment in her practice so it always means a trip to somewhere else for u/s done by a tech...that's the one thing I don't like about her.

Alli
Alli

May 2nd, 2012, 1:49 am #6

Endo doesn't necessarily cause heavy bleeding. Ovulation was painful because the egg was trying to burst out of an ovary with the cyst. I bet an US would give you a much better idea as you've said. I don't mean to scare you as I was successful and the endo didn't really have much of an effect on my IVF.