Other Cooper Docs?

Other Cooper Docs?

Shay
Shay

August 18th, 2012, 9:33 pm #1

Has anyone seen other Cooper docs other than Dr. Ch.eck? I have seen some posts indicating that you don't get much opportunity to meet/speak with Dr. Ch.eck after the initial consult, and was wondering if seeing another newer doc within the same practice (i.e., Dr. Bras.ile) could increase the personal attention, or if the entire office is subject to the same sort of rule (which frankly would make sense, since they treat a lot of people, and have low costs). Thanks for thoughts. (Update/background: FSH 15 day 3 last month. I still am waiting to see if IUI on 8/6 worked (not holding breath), and still don't know if DH would ever agree to IVF if that route is recommended, he believes "it will happen if it is meant to be". Still don't have my historical lab results for those who recommended me getting them from prior post, but that's my own fault because I am just holding off until I go into my current RE's office again if this month doesn't work.)

MargieD
MargieD

August 18th, 2012, 11:28 pm #2

We had another meeting with Dr. C after our initial consult (and we were recently encouraged to meet with him again). Dr. C will meet with you in person if you make your appointments.

He just doesn't do consultations over the phone - which I think is what you're reading in the posts. Other doctors at C.oo.pers will do consultations over the phone for a fee. Many of us live too far to meet with a C.oo.pers RE every month.

Also - Dr. C does callbacks, but I think - just my opinion - that you get more attention and honest advice (clearer thinking), etc. during an in-person consultation rather than a phone call at 1 am.

Shay
Shay

August 19th, 2012, 5:40 pm #3

Has anyone seen other Cooper docs other than Dr. Ch.eck? I have seen some posts indicating that you don't get much opportunity to meet/speak with Dr. Ch.eck after the initial consult, and was wondering if seeing another newer doc within the same practice (i.e., Dr. Bras.ile) could increase the personal attention, or if the entire office is subject to the same sort of rule (which frankly would make sense, since they treat a lot of people, and have low costs). Thanks for thoughts. (Update/background: FSH 15 day 3 last month. I still am waiting to see if IUI on 8/6 worked (not holding breath), and still don't know if DH would ever agree to IVF if that route is recommended, he believes "it will happen if it is meant to be". Still don't have my historical lab results for those who recommended me getting them from prior post, but that's my own fault because I am just holding off until I go into my current RE's office again if this month doesn't work.)
Right now with current RE, I go in for day 3 baseline monitoring bloodwork ultrasound, then again a day or two before they think I will ovulate for bloodwork/ultrasound, then if doing IUI on ovulation day, then not again until I get my period when the baseline starts again. Is Coo.per monitoring more frequent? I suppose it depends on what medications you are on? Is this question too general? Just trying to figure out how many days/month I am going to have to be late to work, fight traffic, etc. Also, my highest FSH is 15 - can anyone in a similar position say what kind(s) of protocols Dr. Ch.eck is likely to start out with? TIA.

Sara Q
Sara Q

August 19th, 2012, 9:04 pm #4

...after the first three days of stims, they ask you to get blood and ultrasound about every other day, or at least that's what they've had me do I in the two months I've been cycling with them. It's a little more than most REs, but I think it's a good thing, because they really use those numbers to tweak your protocol.

They'll probably put you on a low-stim protocol involving Bravelle or Follistim and use estinyl estradiol as well. But that will depend on other factors as well.

Good luck!

Shay
Shay

August 19th, 2012, 9:26 pm #5

Wow that is more than I thought it would be. Thanks. Currently my insurance covers my RE visits (b/w, u/s) and some prescriptions (altho obviously not the procedures themselves). I wonder tho if they will continue to cover if I go that often??