OKP vs HPT

OKP vs HPT

Quinn
Quinn

July 11th, 2012, 2:48 pm #1

I know this is a silly question, I am 11 days past ovulation...I had a pos opk this morning and a neg preg. Does anyone have any insight into what this might mean??

ActingLoud
ActingLoud

July 11th, 2012, 3:13 pm #2

The ovulation test is measuring LH, not HCG - so you tend to always have some LH in your system - are the two lines the same color or did you just see a line?

Quinn
Quinn

July 11th, 2012, 3:31 pm #3

They were the same color

Laura
Laura

July 11th, 2012, 4:45 pm #4

I know this is a silly question, I am 11 days past ovulation...I had a pos opk this morning and a neg preg. Does anyone have any insight into what this might mean??
Were you monitored with u/s and p4? Because you may have surged earlier without actually ovulating. Opk can be used as hpt but it's not really reliable until after you have missed a period.

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 12th, 2012, 12:46 pm #5

Did you take a trigger shot? If so, it could be the trigger showing up.

Quinn
Quinn

July 12th, 2012, 4:39 pm #6

This was a totally natural cycle...I think it is just a wacky cycle...