NY hotels for Cornell

NY hotels for Cornell

Houston
Houston

April 25th, 2012, 5:31 pm #1

I have made reservations at the hotel associated with Cornell. It is $255/night and you don't have to pay taxes. I have looked around and researched for furnished apartments as someone suggested but really haven't found anything better.

Has anyone had any luck finding good hotel deals in this area?

Teresa
Teresa

April 25th, 2012, 8:47 pm #2

Hi Houston,
I live in Bayside, Queens which is a 22 minute train ride into the city on the Long Island Railroad (it brings you into Penn Station). If you check for hotels in Queens, you will save a significant amount of money, however, you will have to either drive, take the train or a car service into the city, which isn't a huge deal, but if you're looking to save a few bucks, it might be worth checking out. There are some hotels in Queens, I'm thinking specifically tons by LaGuardia or Kennedy airport and you can be in the city in about 20 minutes via cab, car service or train. I'm not sure how long you'll be staying here. Then, you could always plan to stay in a hotel very close to Cornell after your transfer, spending a few more bucks for the convenience factor. Just a thought. If you would like the names of some hotels in Queens, I can advise you on a few. Good luck and let me know if I can help.

Erin
Erin

April 26th, 2012, 1:22 am #3

I have made reservations at the hotel associated with Cornell. It is $255/night and you don't have to pay taxes. I have looked around and researched for furnished apartments as someone suggested but really haven't found anything better.

Has anyone had any luck finding good hotel deals in this area?
The hotel prices were absolutely nuts and many were sold out this week, but I think it's a little better next week. That being said, I think (unfortunately) $255/night and no taxes is not bad for this time of year given what I've seen. We just booked for a few days (I'm afraid of booking something non-refundable and not making it to transfer- yes, I've been around the block a few times...) but we ended up booking this through "la.stminut.etravel.com" (w/o the extra periods) and I'll probably do that again if I can find something good. What happened with the repeat u/s?? I take it the cycle is still on? Maybe we'll end up being in the same place at the same time after all! Wishing you luck and I'd love to hear an update!

Houston
Houston

April 26th, 2012, 10:27 pm #4

Thanks. Just read this. I'll check out that site. See above for update. I'll know a lot more Sunday