Need Advice EPP BCP or nothing?

Need Advice EPP BCP or nothing?

July 14th, 2012, 7:03 pm #1

Hi Everyone,

I just finished a natural cycle at NHFC. I retrieved 2 eggs today but dont know yet the quality or fert results.

Im thinking of giving Cornell one more try next month with the low stim protocol that Dr Davis suggests, except asking him to not epp me and just hope my fsh is low, if its not i can always continue at NHFC with a natural cycle..

What do you think? Is Davis' protocol of 75 mg of Menopur the same that Dr Zhang would do on a mini ivf-if so I might as well do it there for a lot cheaper, right? Also Dr Zhang wants me on the BCP for the next two weeks, should I go on it to control my AF and just go see Dr Davis on Day 2 and Dr Zhang and see where my FSH falls to decide where to cycle at that point? or will the BCP affect other things that Davis will do?

I know you guys know the answer...?

Sara H
Sara H

July 14th, 2012, 9:46 pm #2

I don't know about the other dr.s so i can't help there but congrats on the two!

Fingers crossed for them and that you won't have to find another dr. anyway!

Hugs,
Sara H

alima
alima

July 17th, 2012, 2:52 am #3

Hi Everyone,

I just finished a natural cycle at NHFC. I retrieved 2 eggs today but dont know yet the quality or fert results.

Im thinking of giving Cornell one more try next month with the low stim protocol that Dr Davis suggests, except asking him to not epp me and just hope my fsh is low, if its not i can always continue at NHFC with a natural cycle..

What do you think? Is Davis' protocol of 75 mg of Menopur the same that Dr Zhang would do on a mini ivf-if so I might as well do it there for a lot cheaper, right? Also Dr Zhang wants me on the BCP for the next two weeks, should I go on it to control my AF and just go see Dr Davis on Day 2 and Dr Zhang and see where my FSH falls to decide where to cycle at that point? or will the BCP affect other things that Davis will do?

I know you guys know the answer...?
Hi Jennifer, I go to NH so I am familiar with Zh/ang's protocol. He prescribes BCPs to keep your FSH low for the next cycle. How high was your FSH when you retrieved? Dr. Davis's protocol of 75IU menopur is the same as a mini-ivf except that Zha/ng uses clomid. With this last cycle, did you use ganirelix at all? Did you have any issues with surging on your own, or did your LH stay low? Did you trigger with ovidrel or did they retrieve without that?

July 18th, 2012, 12:18 pm #4

Hi Alima,

I think when I retrieved it was about 11, at the beginning of the cycle it was 23. No I didn't use ganirelix, just the nasal spray and they retrieved and got 2 mature eggs. My concern is over-supressing. So I thought Id risk it, take nothing (no BCP, No EPP) see if my fsh was low on its own and if its low cycle with Cornell again and if its high cycle natural with NH.

I don't know what to do if its the same protocol should I go to NH because its cheaper?

July 18th, 2012, 9:21 pm #5

If your two eggs fertilized, I'd try Zha/ng again. Maybe his protocol works well for you. It does for some women and he has gotten women pregnant in their 40's. He is a lot cheaper than Corne.ll, and for one or two eggs, I think Cor.nell is too expensive.