My High FSH Story that I wanted to share (DE child ment, OE preg ment)

My High FSH Story that I wanted to share (DE child ment, OE preg ment)

Former poster/lurker
Former poster/lurker

August 28th, 2012, 4:20 pm #1

Hello,
I am a sometime former poster and former lurker of this board and wanted to share my story with you. I haven't posted here in a long time and haven't read the board in probably two years.

Anyway, when I was 32 almost 33 years old I was diagnosed with high FSH. I was having irregular periods so my DR had my FSH level checked. At 32.9 years old it came back at 15.6. I was immediately sent to an RE. From there DH and I tried many unmedicated IUIs and three IVF attempts before finally making the decision to do DE. My FSH was always high, from as low as 11 or 12, to 18 to 44 once. My RE sent me for AMH testing and it was brutal. It was the AMH result, low follicle count and super high FSH that finally convinced me to do DE (well that and the fact that none of my small amount of eggs that were retrieved ever fertilized).

Anyway, in 2010 we had our through DE. She is now 2 years old and the light of our lives. I can't imagine our lives without her.

I stopped nursing DD when she was 11 months old - it took awhile for me to get my period back after this and they were irregular. I was not trying to get pregnant and never knew when I was ovulating. Anyway, this spring I had a positive HPT and I am now 32 weeks pregnant. A natural, OE pregnancy. I am now 37 years old, or 36 at conception.

Back when I was trying to conceive, I was doing wheatgrass, seeing an accupuncturist, eliminated wine, coffee etc. With this natural pregnancy, I was drinking coffee and wine, not taking any supplements or vitamins etc.

Anyway, I wanted to share my story with you so you know that you CAN get pregnant despite high FSH. Maybe this is a miracle baby, but I'd like to think that I still had some good eggs left despite what 4 different REs told me.

Best of luck to you all.

August 28th, 2012, 5:45 pm #2

Thanks so much for posting this. Congrats to you!

Nancy
Nancy

August 28th, 2012, 10:39 pm #3

Thanks for sharing!

Nancy

SaraD
SaraD

August 29th, 2012, 8:21 am #4

Hello,
I am a sometime former poster and former lurker of this board and wanted to share my story with you. I haven't posted here in a long time and haven't read the board in probably two years.

Anyway, when I was 32 almost 33 years old I was diagnosed with high FSH. I was having irregular periods so my DR had my FSH level checked. At 32.9 years old it came back at 15.6. I was immediately sent to an RE. From there DH and I tried many unmedicated IUIs and three IVF attempts before finally making the decision to do DE. My FSH was always high, from as low as 11 or 12, to 18 to 44 once. My RE sent me for AMH testing and it was brutal. It was the AMH result, low follicle count and super high FSH that finally convinced me to do DE (well that and the fact that none of my small amount of eggs that were retrieved ever fertilized).

Anyway, in 2010 we had our through DE. She is now 2 years old and the light of our lives. I can't imagine our lives without her.

I stopped nursing DD when she was 11 months old - it took awhile for me to get my period back after this and they were irregular. I was not trying to get pregnant and never knew when I was ovulating. Anyway, this spring I had a positive HPT and I am now 32 weeks pregnant. A natural, OE pregnancy. I am now 37 years old, or 36 at conception.

Back when I was trying to conceive, I was doing wheatgrass, seeing an accupuncturist, eliminated wine, coffee etc. With this natural pregnancy, I was drinking coffee and wine, not taking any supplements or vitamins etc.

Anyway, I wanted to share my story with you so you know that you CAN get pregnant despite high FSH. Maybe this is a miracle baby, but I'd like to think that I still had some good eggs left despite what 4 different REs told me.

Best of luck to you all.
Hi my story is similar to the poster above.

I was diagnosed in 2001 with high FSH at the age of 29. After many transfers and 3 miscarriages we finally moved to DE (and DS for other reasons) and in 2007 and 2010 my DDs were born who are the light of our lives. We were firmly convinced we could not conceive on our own (in 10 years I had never been pg without IVF) so imagine our surprise when last year after BDing once in 3 months I fell pg. My DD no. 3 was born on my 40th birthday 11 years after we started trying to conceive. l
Like the above poster I was not taking care of myself like I did when trying to conceive, for the first time in 10 years i wasn't even taking prenatal vits.

I realise how extremely luck we are and I am incredibly grateful for our DDs, it really does happen so please hang in there, i can tell you absolutely both the DE and OE routes gave us children we adore and I feel no difference between them.

I wish you all the very best of luck

Sara