Mrs. A, Tanya, and other Check Chicks re: 6DPO BW and US

Mrs. A, Tanya, and other Check Chicks re: 6DPO BW and US

BabyDance
BabyDance

June 12th, 2011, 4:25 pm #1

Well.... I didn't go.. but not for my reasoning before... was having horrible problems with DP regarding future cycles - this journey can put a lot of strain on a relationship... and I just couldn't make it there after being up all night and they didn't have someone to do US anyway.

I am planning on going tomorrow which will be 8DPO, and tried to call the office to see if it's ok (I can't see why not?). Anyone see an issue with this? Shouldn't it be better then not checking?

I must say - that wand thing makes me nervous at this time. So unless they confirm with me it's ok before I go (I will call in the AM), or unless any of you have said you've done this, I will only get BW.

Thanks for any input. Hope all you Check Chicks are doing well! XOXO BD

Sara H
Sara H

June 12th, 2011, 5:16 pm #2

and don't worry about the trans-vaginal, there is no way it can cause any harm! I say go see what's up, make sure your levels are good, all that!

Hang in there,
Hugs!
Sara H.

Sara H
Sara H

June 12th, 2011, 5:19 pm #3

That I think it won't be a problem to go in at Cooper, you don't need an appointment for blood work and if you are willing to wait they seem to be able to get people in for scans. I have been there a bunch at around 8:30 or 9 and there seems to be a lull at that time...

So, GO!

Hugs!
Sara H.

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

June 12th, 2011, 5:35 pm #4

Well.... I didn't go.. but not for my reasoning before... was having horrible problems with DP regarding future cycles - this journey can put a lot of strain on a relationship... and I just couldn't make it there after being up all night and they didn't have someone to do US anyway.

I am planning on going tomorrow which will be 8DPO, and tried to call the office to see if it's ok (I can't see why not?). Anyone see an issue with this? Shouldn't it be better then not checking?

I must say - that wand thing makes me nervous at this time. So unless they confirm with me it's ok before I go (I will call in the AM), or unless any of you have said you've done this, I will only get BW.

I have been really busy but was wondering what you ended up doing and jumped on here quick to see if maybe you posted an update.

Please do NOT worry about the u/s and it causing any harm to the embie. The fact is that if you end up PG (please please please; fingers crossed!) you're going to have to face the wand anyway.

For my PG cycle I was supposed to go in for my 6DPO b/w and u/s but for whatever reason (probably a snow day like the hundred other snow days we had this winter!) I was unable to go. The soonest I could go was 9DPO and I only went for the b/w (locally). I'm glad I went because those numbers were really good and while I didn't suspect that I would end up PG, I was definitely very pleased with the numbers and felt I had a good shot at that point.

So I say go, and at the very least for the b/w.

I'm sorry you are dealing with relationship issues. Don't feel alone in that respect. DH and I had our share of fights and stare downs. Believe it or not, sometimes it was his very positivity that was the source of many arguments!

P.S. - if you do b/w, can't you just go locally to relieve the stress of travel?

BabyDance
BabyDance

June 12th, 2011, 5:54 pm #5

That I think it won't be a problem to go in at Cooper, you don't need an appointment for blood work and if you are willing to wait they seem to be able to get people in for scans. I have been there a bunch at around 8:30 or 9 and there seems to be a lull at that time...

So, GO!

Hugs!
Sara H.
I am in NYC though, and go to Repro Lab. That's why I couldn't get US on Saturday. It's unusual, but the tech was on vaca. I will go tomorrow. Thanks!!! Hope you are ok, I know it's been rough - but I have full faith that you are young and in the right hangs. Check rules! XOXO BD

BabyDance
BabyDance

June 12th, 2011, 5:59 pm #6

I have been really busy but was wondering what you ended up doing and jumped on here quick to see if maybe you posted an update.

Please do NOT worry about the u/s and it causing any harm to the embie. The fact is that if you end up PG (please please please; fingers crossed!) you're going to have to face the wand anyway.

For my PG cycle I was supposed to go in for my 6DPO b/w and u/s but for whatever reason (probably a snow day like the hundred other snow days we had this winter!) I was unable to go. The soonest I could go was 9DPO and I only went for the b/w (locally). I'm glad I went because those numbers were really good and while I didn't suspect that I would end up PG, I was definitely very pleased with the numbers and felt I had a good shot at that point.

So I say go, and at the very least for the b/w.

I'm sorry you are dealing with relationship issues. Don't feel alone in that respect. DH and I had our share of fights and stare downs. Believe it or not, sometimes it was his very positivity that was the source of many arguments!

P.S. - if you do b/w, can't you just go locally to relieve the stress of travel?
Duh... I didn't think about that about the US if you do get pregnant!! Ha.... It just freaks me out... Ok, will def go in tomorrow at 8DPO. That you did it at 9DPO makes me feel better.

The stress has been nuts, but calmer now... he is sick of IVf. I understand, but it comes with the package (me!).

I do go locally for BW and US, at Repro lab in Manhattan... they deal with Check's office really well, so it works well...

Thank you for thinking of me and as always.. I hope you are feeling well! I still want that stroller!!! XOXO BD

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

June 12th, 2011, 6:11 pm #7

I was at the Upper West Side Giggle on Friday (couldn't deal with the FDR) and thought of you. The stroller is there waiting for you!! Whether it's with Cooper or SIRM, I'm sure you're going to find success and be able to buy the stroller!!!

I understand about being sick of it all. Whether it's him, you, both, this whole thing is so flocking draining and you feel like you're spinning in a windstorm. But the 2WW really really does a number on emotions so for these remaining days you should both try to have as little interaction/communication as possible as it relates to TTC.

BabyDance
BabyDance

June 12th, 2011, 6:22 pm #8

Oh, so close to me! My apartment is not far from there, although living these days with DP in NJ mostly. My office is actually a couple of blocks from there!! Did you get some good loot!! Must be fun. I don't even look at it when I walk by, but I will be soon!!

Good advice about not talking about it during the 2WW. It actually came up in a convoluted way when discussing subletting my apartment... we shouldn't have gotten into it, you are right.

Big Hugs!!! XO BD

BabyDance
BabyDance

June 12th, 2011, 6:33 pm #9

I was at the Upper West Side Giggle on Friday (couldn't deal with the FDR) and thought of you. The stroller is there waiting for you!! Whether it's with Cooper or SIRM, I'm sure you're going to find success and be able to buy the stroller!!!

I understand about being sick of it all. Whether it's him, you, both, this whole thing is so flocking draining and you feel like you're spinning in a windstorm. But the 2WW really really does a number on emotions so for these remaining days you should both try to have as little interaction/communication as possible as it relates to TTC.
UMMMM - the stroller is 800 dollars!!!!! I don't think so!!!! Crazy!! I thought I saw it for 270 - still crazy, but doable!!!

June 12th, 2011, 6:42 pm #10

im supposed to go tomorrow which is 6 dpo but i have been lazy about making the appointment and i hate my clinic (leaving them) so i didnt make it. ill make it for tues which will be 7 dpo which is what i prefer anyways. my RE said 6-9 dpo is fine....