Maureen ???

Maureen ???

melly
melly

April 28th, 2011, 4:57 pm #1

Hi Maureen,
I hope you have some good news today ...

maureen
maureen

April 28th, 2011, 5:03 pm #2

Well the news is that I only have 2 in play a 17 and 20. I haven't gotten the b/w back yet. I'm on the fence about going forward. This is to be our last ivf which adds even more importance to it. I'm usually ok with going to ER with 2, but I want to know if either one is good.

Thanks for thinking about me:)

Magic Ball anyone???
Maureen

melly
melly

April 28th, 2011, 5:43 pm #3

I just hope that you will be one of those miracles that got pg with 1 golden egg
Don't get me wrong I wish you to get more eggs than they see now.But you know that more it is not the best all the time...

Good LUCK !!!!

maureen
maureen

April 28th, 2011, 5:58 pm #4

Hi Maureen,
I hope you have some good news today ...
So, the doctor thinks he can do better and wants to try clomid and injectables.

On one hand, it's nice that he isn't kicking me out the door, but is willing to try experimenting with something different.

On the other hand, it's more shots and more waiting and being vulernable while testing my broken ovaries.

Like everyone else here I'll be patient and willing to endure whatever physical pain to make this work.

Clomid? Never thought I'd take that crap again.

Maureen

Sara H.
Sara H.

April 28th, 2011, 6:38 pm #5

Will he still do IUI if that is possible for you?

Good to think he thinks he can get better results!

Finger's crossed for you, sounds like holding that last IVF cycle is a good choice.
Hugs,
Sara H.

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

April 28th, 2011, 6:52 pm #6

On one hand, it's nice that he isn't kicking me out the door, but is willing to try experimenting with something different.

On the other hand, it's more shots and more waiting and being vulernable while testing my broken ovaries.

Like everyone else here I'll be patient and willing to endure whatever physical pain to make this work.

Maureen
sucks to be cancelled! But I know the feeling of thinking/feeling/knowing that you can do better. So I say go ahead and try the Clomid plus injectibles protocol. Not sure of you saw my post to you way down below...I did this protocol three times with Dr. Davis at Cornell.

Like Sara said - can you still do IUI or TI? I'm sorry - don't recall if you have MF.

maureen
maureen

April 28th, 2011, 7:08 pm #7

No MF, so that's good, but I have endo and unruptured follie syndrom which is why we prefer ivf. I asked for an IUI and they scheduled me for Saturday.

So, one crazy thing with this IUI is that they told me to mix 4cc of liguid, but only inject 3cc. I'm to save the 1cc for later. When does that get used?

How was your response on clomid and inj, Mrs. A? The nurse there says that it's her favorite last ditch protocol.

They want me to start on the next cycle with AF, but I'm thinking that sitting out a cycle after max stims would be best. ???

Maureen

Cee
Cee

April 28th, 2011, 7:23 pm #8

Maureen
That stinks, but sounds like you're OK with it. GL with the clomid!

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

April 28th, 2011, 8:06 pm #9

No MF, so that's good, but I have endo and unruptured follie syndrom which is why we prefer ivf. I asked for an IUI and they scheduled me for Saturday.

So, one crazy thing with this IUI is that they told me to mix 4cc of liguid, but only inject 3cc. I'm to save the 1cc for later. When does that get used?

How was your response on clomid and inj, Mrs. A? The nurse there says that it's her favorite last ditch protocol.

They want me to start on the next cycle with AF, but I'm thinking that sitting out a cycle after max stims would be best. ???

Maureen
maybe they want you to save the remaining for an HCG booster shot a few days later?? I've done that in the past on my own. Used the left over for my own self-prescribed HCG booster.

OK - so whoosh - you said it. I didn't want to say it. I was on the fence about cautioning you that this darn protocol is seen as just that... a last ditch effort. Talk about pressure huh?!

My first RE (local) tried the BCP/MDL and then the antagonist and after both failed he said this is the last ditch effort with CLomid and injectibles. I said no thanks and moved right away to Dr. Davis. Dr. Davis said no need to go that route with Clomid and inj. Let's do EPP and high stims. When 2 cycles of that failed...guess what?! He said need to go last ditch here and so Clomid plus inj.

What to know the irony in all of this? It was probably at Cornell that my local RE learned about the last ditch protocol! My local RE studied under Dr. Davis at Cornell and did his RE fellowship there. They know each other well.

My first cycle of this protocol was good. I had 6 follicles, 2 were empty. Of the 4 eggs either 2 or 3 made it. My lining was not impacted at all. The next 2 cycles were not so good with follie production...and were converted to IUI. I don't have access to my file right now so can't give you exact detail.

I think there was another Davis lady here, Pam123 I think, who used the same protocol but she never returned to the boards.

April 28th, 2011, 9:48 pm #10

Maureen
Just barging in - I did clomid + injectibles and produced 3 follicles. We were planning an IUI anyway and we began with a twin pg (lost the twin in early 2nd tri) and delivered the healthy egg. I am now a Check patient and I know he must have that protocal somewhere because he had me order a round of clomid to have on the side. He had me take 2 pills once to jump start something. I wouldn't be opposed to it again, but I did have a bad experience recently on clomid where nothing grew. To be honest I think it would have been an annovulatory cycle anyway! Good Luck to you!!!