Losing my mind moment #55 - any advice appreciated

Losing my mind moment #55 - any advice appreciated

Jen
Jen

June 17th, 2012, 6:02 pm #1

I'm currently on a natural cycle and it looked like I ovulated on CD16. As of CD28 (which would be 12 dpo) I figured AF would arrive. I had been feeling crampy and all the usual things that appear before AF. I have also been using progesterone suppositories for this cycle. So yesterday, CD28/12dpo, my BBT dropped from 98.3 to 97.8, and I figured, "Here we go," so I stopped the prog. suppositories. No AF yesterday, though, and this morning my BBT rebounded to 98.2 (with no suppositories). I decided this morning to do an HPT, which came up negative. I continue to have very mild cramping but still no AF. I'm assuming this all due to the suppositories (though AF has never been stopped by them in the past for me.) My current losing my mind moment is the thought in the back of my head, "What if your temperature drop on 12dpo was implantation?---and the HPT was negative because you are really only 13dpo right now?" The additional craziness is then I'm worried if that is somehow magically the case that I should still be doing the progesterone suppositories. Any help?

Sara Q
Sara Q

June 17th, 2012, 8:35 pm #2

Honestly, I would wait a couple more days (still doing the p4 suppositories) and then go in and get a beta. I know they are a huge pain in the tush, not to mention horrible if they are negative, but I don't really have any other good advice. This process sure is a crazy-making one....;0

Sending love,

Sara Q

Sara H
Sara H

June 17th, 2012, 8:39 pm #3

I'm currently on a natural cycle and it looked like I ovulated on CD16. As of CD28 (which would be 12 dpo) I figured AF would arrive. I had been feeling crampy and all the usual things that appear before AF. I have also been using progesterone suppositories for this cycle. So yesterday, CD28/12dpo, my BBT dropped from 98.3 to 97.8, and I figured, "Here we go," so I stopped the prog. suppositories. No AF yesterday, though, and this morning my BBT rebounded to 98.2 (with no suppositories). I decided this morning to do an HPT, which came up negative. I continue to have very mild cramping but still no AF. I'm assuming this all due to the suppositories (though AF has never been stopped by them in the past for me.) My current losing my mind moment is the thought in the back of my head, "What if your temperature drop on 12dpo was implantation?---and the HPT was negative because you are really only 13dpo right now?" The additional craziness is then I'm worried if that is somehow magically the case that I should still be doing the progesterone suppositories. Any help?
which I know is no help at all.

Can you go do something very distracting? Something physical, a movie, some errands? Anything to take your mind off it?

Hugs to you, I know this stinks. Waiting and wondering is the worst.
Good luck,
Sara H

Jen
Jen

June 18th, 2012, 3:18 am #4

I think my biggest confusion is about stopping/restarting the progesterone. I'm worried that if I restart the progesterone it will continue to delay AF artificially, but if I don't restart and I am magically pregnant, I might be causing problems by not using the progesterone. This may be goofy, but I've never gone in for a beta (never got far enough to do one). Do I just go in to my ob clinic and ask for one?

Jen
Jen

June 18th, 2012, 3:19 am #5

more questions (see post above)

Sara Q
Sara Q

June 18th, 2012, 4:59 am #6

I think my biggest confusion is about stopping/restarting the progesterone. I'm worried that if I restart the progesterone it will continue to delay AF artificially, but if I don't restart and I am magically pregnant, I might be causing problems by not using the progesterone. This may be goofy, but I've never gone in for a beta (never got far enough to do one). Do I just go in to my ob clinic and ask for one?
Hey Jen,

I do think that re-starting progesterone may cause you to "artificially delay" AF, but I don't really think that matters much. (I've even done it on purpose a couple of times to try and lengthen my cycle a couple of days.) I DO think, however, that not having enough progesterone if you are pregnant would be bad. So my vote would be to re-start the progesterone.

As far as the beta goes, do you have an RE?? If so, just call them and tell them you need a beta. If you don't have an RE, call your OB or GYN and just ask them to order you the test stat.

Good luck girl. I'll be thinking of you.

Jen
Jen

June 18th, 2012, 12:28 pm #7

and did the progesterone last night and this morning my temp had dropped again from 98.2 to 97.5. At this point, I can't imagine AF isn't around the corner, but we'll see. Thanks for the info. on the beta. I do have an RE but they are about 2 hours away, so I'd probably do what you were suggesting and call my OB/GYN. The rollercoaster continues Hope things are feeling a little brighter for you

Sara H
Sara H

June 18th, 2012, 1:11 pm #8

I'd call your RE and ask for a local clinic to do the test. You totally don't have to go to the RE for a beta, it's just a blood draw. I found a local place that just does blood work and had my order faxed in. Very easy and much cheaper! (Quest is one that has offices everywhere, if you insurance takes them, Shield is another. BUT: Have your RE write STAT on the order, it can take a day or two to get results back.)

Anyway, I suggest RE since OBGYN's can be very slow (for us!) on these and want to wait a week or two after AF is late sometimes.

As far as temps: They are helpful and I loved using them but they are not the end all and be all... too many changing factors. (Like was a fan on, were you sleeping with your mouth open just before you woke... you know, all that!) So don't put all your trust in them.

And P4: For me sometimes it slowed down my AF, sometimes not. I know, not so helpful, right? Sorry!

Good luck and hang in there,
Sara H

Jen
Jen

June 19th, 2012, 9:44 pm #9

so that answered the question and no need for a beta again But...thanks for all the info. and maybe next time we will both have BFP's to report. Hope is a good thing.

Sara H
Sara H

June 20th, 2012, 3:37 pm #10

:-( Sorry and hugs. (NT)